->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Shimano Saragossa reel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm 
Fishaholic

I have a size 5000 SW Shimano Saragossa reel, which I am just starting to use although the reel was purchased some time ago.

Although it is a very nice reel with good water resistance when used for shore fishing, there are a couple of issues that cause me some concern.

Firstly, the reeling in is not as smooth as other reels I have used, with a faint trace of what feels like
" reel wobble". This wobble has been reported by other users as well.

The second issue is that when I cast out a metal lure of 40 grams, the bail arm does not close fully
when done manually as the tension on the braid line by the lure keeps it semi open, unless the line is on the roller.

This is quite disconcerting. as one has to continually keep looking at the bail to see if it is closed fully.

I know some of our members use this reel, so I would be interested to hear from them if they have had
any similar issues?

Kingfish

Last edited by kingfish on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:47 am 
Fishaholic

Both my reels, saragosa 6000sw and 8000sw is not having any of the above mentioned problems.
From you description it looks like the spring inside the rotor, which controls the bail arm is stuck/not working properly.
Get the reel serviced.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Venkat,

As a last resort, I will send it to Shimano as they have a 10 year warranty on reels sold in Australia.

I don't think the spring is malfunctioning, as it trips the bail if the line is centered on the roller. It may be a weak spring. The bail arms etc. are well lubricated.

Kingfish