->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: beach fishing in india
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:31 pm 

hello everybody, my name is david and i am traveling to india for the first time in january on a fishing trip. can any body recommend some good areas to try from the beach or where i can get out in a boat?i have found good info very hard to come by and only recently discovered this site but it looks good, i fly into bangalore and can travel to anywhere as i have no plans other than to find some fish. if anybody could help with this would be greatly appreciated as at present i dont know where to start!
david.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:25 am 

Hi Dave,

I too live in Brighton and went to India last winter for a six week fishing trip. I'm away for xmas but am back in Brighton after the 28th. Drop me a line on samwadman@hotmail.com and let me know if you're into freshwater/sea/bait/lure fishing and I'll get back to you. Maybe we could hook up for a beer in the new year as I'd be happy to pass the info on to you and it's always good to meet like minded people??

Merry xmas,

Sam.

P.s. check out my thread on page 2 of the 'Image gallery' section on this forum entitled 'lure caught beasties'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Dave.

Have you just left Arambol ?
If so, I missed you by a day and Ashok was telling me about another English angler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Call me when in bangalore.No.9880311086/41238993-Bobbee Kapoor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:33 am 

alright ken,
i left arambol on the 8th feb, ashok and angelo were expecting you! found the fishing hard just because off the number of other anglers there, up to 15 somenights all fighting for the point. thourght the other side looked good by the rocks but ferry means spending whole night there, i did best on the late tides (less anglrs) and had a nuber of snapper right under the light by the slipway, think you will do best to find a new spot with the same ammount of run. i was limited by time ,anyhow good luck..dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:07 am 
Fishaholic

Ah but there's no need to fish right off the point. That's certanly the top spot for mangrove jack (AKA red snapper) but all of the biggest barra we've hooked have come from the eddies just inside or just outside the tip of the point. Afterall, that's where any food is going to gather.

Sorry to have missed you though.

I'm about to head off elsewhere for a while and will be back when the moon is right.

Keep in touch, if you're in India again next season we might meet up.