[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Murrall from Cauvary...... - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:21 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:40 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys....

Last week...Had gone to Cauvary with few local friends for a Break after a long time.....

Had hooked this Beauty of 4.8kg :D in the very Ist Cast...
Was a impressive Hit on the Frog.....& some amazing tail walking... :D

Sharing some Snaps....

-Cheers :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 am 
Fishaholic

Very Nice Viper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:29 am 
Fishaholic

Way to go Viper. That is a beauty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Viper , Hi this is Darryl from Pune .

I am at my wits end and near mad trying to go after murrel. I read ,talk locals , search the water here in pune and have done many miles to bag one . i just want to know the feeling to catching one . I INTEND TO RELEASE IF IT OVER 3 KGS .I heard they begin to breed once the attain that size.

Please do let me know what frog lure you used , ( I made a trip to b'bay , to masjid bunder , just to look for frog lures . I did try sive 5 spinners in brass and silver plating , with no luck.
I was able to locate some frog lures in masjid bunder , but they are not really good , the hooks are weak and they dont balance well on the water.

Could you post a pic of the frog you used .

Please could you advise, as to how to go about fishing for Murrel (techniques ,trick of the trade , with spinners and frog lures).

I have a shimano fx 8' rod and fx 4000 reel . i have 8lbs mono on it . is this overkill or is it ok.

Viper, Mahaseerken and anyone who would care to share some advise and knowhow , please do so and put me out of my misery.

As you can see from this post , im desperate .

Feverishly awaiting replies....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 pm 
Fishaholic

here is what you should get. Ask the IA shoppe, I am sure Bops will find a way to get you some. They are called Scum frogs. And come in two types - regular and poppers. The poppers have a lower hook up percentage but the strikes, when they happen, are fantastically violent and very visible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Viper,

Very nice fish. 8)

Congratulations, :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice Murrel!

I have to get one this season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:04 am 
Enlightened

Nice Murrel :twisted: :twisted:

update more snaps bro.. :lol: did u release the fish or took it home ,, that is a huge one .. will try to jon u very soon 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:14 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:11 am 
Fishaholic

I think murrel bite short on their first hit. With most surface lures it is best to tie on a flying hook that trails a tleast an inch behind the main body. This hook can be made weedless with a small rubber band. Seems to work for me. But the only problem is that the flying hook's line frays fast and replacing them is always a time consuming thingy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mk,

Being a freshwater novice can you got a picture of those weedless hooks for me. I think I understand what you are saying but, you know what they say... a picture says a thousand words :wink: .

We were trying different things...we were smoking funny things
- Kid Rock - All Summer Long :lol:

Working with the music blasting mate, warming up for the Friday evening/night/early morning bash :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catching Walleye from the Dock...watching waves roll off the Rocks ... :wink:

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:38 pm 
Fishaholic

shaphan.
You'll struggle to find a lot of lures in UK tackle shops but you can order them online in the UK from the likes of HarrisSportsmail. I doubt they'd ship to India though.
the lure is available in two sizes with the smaller one probably being the best bet for murrel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 am 
Fishaholic

hahahaahah about the cards. But you were going nuts so the Missus has done the right thing. I predict Citibank will lose a few more billion now.

About ordering. hahahahah again. And too late mate. I ordered yesterday so give me a month or so and I'll be melting plastic again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:16 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm 

Well that's a great catch, if it has to bite you get it instantly, murrels are very shy and very sensitive to noise/ movement on the shore, so my compliments for a above average size of your catch, I want to throw a question to all learned anglers, " Does catching murrels coincide with a certain time of the year", it may be a mere coincidence that we have hooked quite a few murrels for the last one month or so { around Hyd}, which is quite very different from the cats which keep on srtiking irrespective of the season/month of the year. Also we have landed murrels on spoons/spinners/frogs...so nothing much to choose from except for the fact that if the water is heavily covered with vegetation, then some of the lures becomes useless, frogs are prefferred in such enviornment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 pm 
Fishaholic

That one nice and beautiful Monster :D

Congratulation for such a catch! :P

Although its two years ago, may be you will still remember the experience gone by...

Thanks and Regards
Arish!