->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:32 pm 
Enlightened

Hi joe , so you think there is no fishing from hira down to mutiki camp on tent side at gailbore ?? Hope somebody no s excatly where we can fish or not fish !!! Could somebody shed light on this , thanks colin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 pm 

Sounds like a real mess.. Its a terrible shame about the poaching but seems the same the world over.. Here in Ireland the gov closed some Salmon rivers for conservation measures which is fine.. Trouble is there are no anglers on them now keeping an eye out, and the poachers are having a field day..
Thanks for the info, still want to travel to India in feb 2010 but wary of booking yet..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am 
Fishaholic

Bopanna is as nice a guy as you will meet, a personal friend I can trust, and what he says is the gospel truth: this idiotic "ban" will be the surefire death knell of the masheer and every other species of fish on that stretch of the Cauvery.

I have been fishing regularly from Dodhmakli to Sangam and all points in between since '91, and my fishing buddies have been doing so a lot longer. Not once in all those years have we ever seen a Forest Officer patrol that stretch. What we have never failed to see, and often apprehend, are poachers in daylight hours with nets and dynamite. This is inspite of the Jungle Lodges' Anti-Poaching camps. With this ban and a resultant sharp decline in their budget any anti-poaching efforts will be history. It will then be open season for poachers from far and wide. The village of Jagri is teeming with these types. I know. My ghillie at Bheemeshwari, Selvaraj, was a master at this, as are most of the ghillies. My ghillie in Galibore, Karie, is even better. Guess what, when these guys are suddenly unemployed, as they surely will be, they're going to revert to their old ways in a heartbeat. They're now better equipped, have some disposable income, and will be raring to go.

Hunting, in the US, has pumped millions each year into wildlife management. As a result there is more wildlife now than when the Native Americans held sway. So stop being intoxicated with your penchant for disinformation, read the writing on the wall, do your homework, and if you love wildlife, fishing, and the outdoors you will oppose this vengeance-driven ban. And you know what? I don't even fish for masheer at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

This post will remain locked until further updates are received on the ban issue. Thank you all for your inputs.

IA

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2