->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hallo to All
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:47 pm 

Hi there,

Its great to be part of this forum. I truly believe i can learn a lot from you folks.

I'm from Pune, but living in Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Belgium) for close to 10 years.

I recently started fishing the rivers and lakes in southern Belgium. I'd like to take my angling skills to new levels, here and in Pune.

I'm visiting Pune in October and would like to meet up with like minded people !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello Kiran,

Welcome to IA Forum. You are sure to learn a lot about Angling from this Forum.

Come October and hopefully we will meet on a fishing trip.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am 
Fishaholic

Howdy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Kiran,

We have quite a few Pune guys on the forum, I am sure some of them will set you up. Welcome to IA.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Bobby,
how you been,me back on IA after a long time, have been fishing atleast twice a week at ur home spot, hooking atleast 13-15 Gobra's, Jacks and a baby barra once in a while will be there sat-sun also have been releasing all the fishes as the water is polluted as ever the Blue Bottle Jelly fish are back this season and have found many new fishing spots around rather than the usual walkway,

Dilip.

Post subject: welcome
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Kiran,

Welcome to the Pune chapter of the Indian Angler. We will definitely catch up with you when you are in town in Oct. Lots of places around Pune & of course we can always head for the coast.

Regards
Cavalier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
Hey Bobby,
how you been,me back on IA after a long time, have been fishing atleast twice a week at ur home spot, hooking atleast 13-15 Gobra's, Jacks and a baby barra once in a while will be there sat-sun also have been releasing all the fishes as the water is polluted as ever the Blue Bottle Jelly fish are back this season and have found many new fishing spots around rather than the usual walkway,

Dilip.

Hush Hush about the home spot mate, heard about the Ravas too :wink:, Appreciate you releasing all the Jacks, Barras and Rawas mate, please keep it up. Once again thanks for the releases. [smilie=hellyeah.gif] youre a star mate. Lot's of other places there including one where you get the occasional pompano and shark with fresh bait :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA....

PM once in pune.... will surely catchup....

regards,
pranav....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:

Hush Hush about the home spot mate, heard about the Ravas too :wink:, Appreciate you releasing all the Jacks, Barras and Rawas mate, please keep it up. Once again thanks for the releases. [smilie=hellyeah.gif] youre a star mate. Lot's of other places there including one where you get the occasional pompano and shark with fresh bait :twisted

Hey, just had this at the back of my head all the time, whenever i go to the home spot every 2nd trip i lose atleast 1 lure should i go back there during an extremely low tide and try and get the lures back as our friend Glen always gets worked up when he gets to know that a lure was left behind as he follows the US Army principle" Leave no man behind" sorry "Leave no lure Behind" ur advice please..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Kiran,

Welcome to IA

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:15 pm 
Fishaholic

I hate loosing lures myself but, my philosophy is if you want to take a lot of fish be prepared to loose lures, or be prepared to cast in places where you have a fair chance of loosing your lures. I do not loose many lures there. My advice is to use the rod to drag or guide you’re lure through and over shallow rocks where you know the lure will knock, rather than using the reel to wind, I try to “feel” my way through, if I feel a snag I slack my line, wait and then guide the lure forward of course this means you need floaters or suspend lures not sinkers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
I hate loosing lures myself but, my philosophy is if you want to take a lot of fish be prepared to loose lures, or be prepared to cast in places where you have a fair chance of loosing your lures. I do not loose many lures there. My advice is to use the rod to drag or guide you’re lure through and over shallow rocks where you know the lure will knock, rather than using the reel to wind, I try to “feel” my way through, if I feel a snag I slack my line, wait and then guide the lure forward of course this means you need floaters or suspend lures not sinkers.

Well at our place i use only floaters and I use deep divers for the gaps where the main sea water enters inside, i use the same technique of giving slack when i feel a bump on the rock but most of the time i like to keep the lure action on even when im real close to the rocks as the Gobras are sitting there only with their mouths wide open, thats the reason why i take a risk but i try my best for atleast 5-10 mins and use all the know techniques to remove the snagged lure till i give up and give the final pull where either the line breaks or my lure comes off I fish there with a 8 lbs mono line so most of the time the line breaks and the lure is lost. I just bought this Bill Dance lure retriever during my last trip to the US but it works best with heavier lines and when ur at a good height above the lure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:24 am 
Fishaholic

welcome