->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 am

All times are UTC+05:30




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:30 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
Hi,

I got back from the island today morning.
Fishing was very slow on the island, but however the trip was very good.
Fished several parts of the island and managed to catch a couple of small bass from a beach.
The company was good and I took some pictures. Hope you like them.
Weather was very chill and I was not very prepared for that.
I will be there again for the spring hopefully catching a lot of fish.

Way to the beach ....

Image

Image

Cheers,
Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
A pic of my buddy with a baited rod. The next pic is me casting from the beach :-)

Image

Image

Cheers,
Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:39 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
Fished this backwater. Did some fly fishing as well as some plugging.
I once had a bass chase my plug and give up in the jetty of that inlet.
Other than that ...... NADA ......
Water was crystal clear and looked very fishy though :(

Image

Image

Cheers,
Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:49 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
I had the oppurtunity to cast some of the upper end reels and custom built top end surf rods :-)
Caught (and released) this bass (about 22 inches) from the beach using a bomber the night before I left the island.
Also caught (and released) another one about the same size. My buddies did pretty good though ....
The fish I caught were not even legal keeper size (which is 28 inches) but were fun on my 7' surf rod :-)

Image

Image

Cheers,
Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:55 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
Last but not the least, caught these bass in a bar just before I left home :-)
Lure used: 1 beer for the angler. Some fun and magic tricks for the fish :-)

Image

Cheers,
Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:07 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Mumbai
congrats pal on "all the catches" I pray that you keep hooking them and keep them hooked cheers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: jokes apart some very nice pics and catch bro keep "them coming" :twisted:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Nice pictures and a great catch. The one on the right looks legal, bigger than 28 inches for sure. Regardless of that mate always release them.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:46 am 
Offline
Enlightened

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Chennai
You seem to be having extremely good times dude...Season here is just getting statred and few locals claim to have seen GTs at the Harbour...Me and Binu will be behind them this Wednesday


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:56 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
lure_fisherman wrote:
Last but not the least, caught these bass in a bar just before I left home :-)
Lure used: 1 beer for the angler. Some fun and magic tricks for the fish :-) Cheers,
Maruthu


Best example of catch and release. :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:32 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
rajatmukherje wrote:
congrats pal on "all the catches" I pray that you keep hooking them and keep them hooked cheers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: jokes apart some very nice pics and catch bro keep "them coming" :twisted:


Thanks my friend. I am learning and working hard for more nice fish ...... :twisted:

Mahaseerken wrote:
Nice pictures and a great catch. The one on the right looks legal, bigger than 28 inches for sure. Regardless of that mate always release them.


Thanks Ken, but I may keep one sometime though :-)

ironsimon wrote:
You seem to be having extremely good times dude...Season here is just getting statred and few locals claim to have seen GTs at the Harbour...Me and Binu will be behind them this Wednesday


Simon,

Glad to hear that they GTs are showing in Chennai.
Go chase em ..... I would suggest harbour in the morning on the out going tide and the beach during the evening.
BTW, is the river mouth in Kovalam open yet. How is the water condition. Irrespective of that, keep fishing. Good luck :-)

angler_ali wrote:
Best example of catch and release. :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali.


Wish I catch a nice keeper soon ...... :wink:

Cheers,
Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Panvel
I really liked the casting picture. Do you go fishing with professional photographer?? [smilie=coolup.gif]


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:03 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:29 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Islamabad Pakistan
Nice pictures and a great catch


Top
   
 Post subject: Hello there...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 2
I ve been on the island for couple months and I really felt in love to this place... I dont even like States, but this place its such a beuaty... I spent many of evenings, sunsets wading owesome beach and fly fishing for stripers, blues... I am looking forward to be there again...


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:31 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
lure_fisherman wrote:
Last but not the least, caught these bass in a bar just before I left home :-)
Maruthu


Keep Hooking mate... :twisted: :twisted:

Mahaseerken wrote:
The one on the right looks legal, bigger than 28 inches for sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
santosh wrote:
Keep Hooking mate... :twisted: :twisted:


Will do my friend :-)

Maruthu

Image


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:10 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
Nice Fish Mate. :twisted: :wink:

Regards,

Ali.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
On a after thought, These fishes are found near beaches and bars and fall strictly under catch and release. Though sport fishes, and outwardly harmless, these fishes pack lot of venom which is slow but very effective. So, beware of them.... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali./


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:26 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
angler_ali wrote:
On a after thought, These fishes are found near beaches and bars and fall strictly under catch and release. Though sport fishes, and outwardly harmless, these fishes pack lot of venom which is slow but very effective. So, beware of them.... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali./


Ali,

On a serious note ....
Not all of 'em are the same. They are really nice and fun ....
However, there are toxic ones every where .... Just my thought.

Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
lure_fisherman wrote:

On a serious note ....
Not all of 'em are the same. They are really nice and fun ....
However, there are toxic ones every where .... Just my thought.

Maruthu


Hay man, just kidding :wink:

I know, every one is not the same.

Regards,

Ali.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Bangalore, India
angler_ali wrote:
lure_fisherman wrote:

On a serious note ....
Not all of 'em are the same. They are really nice and fun ....
However, there are toxic ones every where .... Just my thought.

Maruthu


Hay man, just kidding :wink:

I know, every one is not the same.

Regards,

Ali.


I know you were just kidding.
But, please see that some can feel offended reading that.

On a lighter note. I tend to catch more when there is no camera. Just to let you know :twisted: :lol:

Maruthu


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:26 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
lure_fisherman wrote:

On a lighter note. I tend to catch more when there is no camera. Just to let you know :twisted: :lol:

Maruthu


:evil: :twisted: :lol:

[smilie=ebil-thumbup.gif]

Ali.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 956
You may be big, fat and hairy, but damn, you hook some great ones! :evil:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC+05:30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited