->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:09 pm 

Before going further I want to credit senior angler here Venkat for helping me a lot without his guidance I may have not caught this fish, Thanks Venkat!!
Fishing as passion was always with me during my young days & and had few catches in hand line, but It was more of a inner passion.
This journey started in April last year, when I was looking to teach my daughter new hobbys for summer vacation, I bought this Caperlan first fish rod for Tilapia, what happened next was fate the rod had damaged returned it & they replaced it with essential ledger rod + reel combo as the original rod was not in stock, thus creating/igniting the fishing passion journey in me
The days on research began Mono-Braid-fluro, hook – china lure – branded, Palomar – uni – FG knots, endless time spend on studying, visiting places for snakehead, sea fishing as were gifted with spots in KK district. Day fishing – night fishing – laughing of locals for using Lures ohh my my, may it was all building to this day
The researcher in me learned we have not just an angler but expert angler nearby in Venkat, learned a lot & still do to date from him, Also met Dr. Rajesh a fellow passionate angler and good friend, weekends we plan our fishing, catch GT babys, cat fishes, rock fishes a bulls eye snakehead.

But inside me the feeling that still to have a real catch, and came this day, to be frank this was one among the most ill prepared day as we had a get together and fishing was last priority, so me and Dr. Rajesh carried like tackle & came to this new spot first time for us, reaching there sea was rough for season, with wind against us and small rod + a spool which hardly had 40-50 m line, this is far from ideal fishing day, but were just chilling and casting to try our luck.
On a nth cast, as I was reeling in this spoon lure, suddenly I felt like Lure got struck, I suspect my usual buddy rock has taken another one of my lure, but suddenly though not screaming but drag was reeling out, and next 5 minutes to be frank I don’t know what happen, it was amazing experience, and very thankful for Dr. Rajesh to document half of the fight which we made in to a YT video (link below).
A day to rejoice in memory for years’’

Rod – Penn Squadron 7 ft, reel spin fisher 4500v, line power pro 40lb, leader Kastking fluro quote connected via FG, and generic good quality snap swivel, Lure china spoon lure with Mustad hook

https://youtu.be/zltsWocHQo0

Tks
Hanish

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations...I can read your excitement

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats on your first GT!
Looking forward to see more report from you.

By the way, what was the wind and surf like for this time of year?

Cheers!
Maruthu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats on your first GT. It is nice to see you holding your catch..
This is the catch you will never forget in your life!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:03 pm 

@ Bobby thank you, it was u can say one hobby i had such a late success in life so u know how much it meant, u frm HKG? I was in Shenzhen for 8 years of life.

@ Maruthu Sure with more catches will definitely update. Surf and wind were very calm for this time of year, may be due to unusually dull monsoon this year, u could see the surf action in video.

@ Venkat Very much bro its already 2 days and im still to get out of hang, u know very well how much desperate i was, will cherish it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations! That's a nice GT tight there. I bet that was exhilarating...

Cheers....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 am 
Fishaholic

Very nice catch. Venkat has always been very helpful when approached for advice.

Please try to post pictures of your catch without the blood smearing it.

Kingfish.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:53 am 
Fishaholic

Fromsouthtamilnadu wrote:
@ Bobby thank you, it was u can say one hobby i had such a late success in life so u know how much it meant, u frm HKG? I was in Shenzhen for 8 years of life.!

I live in Hong Kong, I am about 15 - 20 minutes away from Shenzhen....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:13 am 

Ulygun wrote:
Congratulations! That's a nice GT tight there. I bet that was exhilarating...

Cheers....

Yes it was super experience, thanks for ur wishes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:15 am 

kingfish wrote:
Very nice catch. Venkat has always been very helpful when approached for advice.

Please try to post pictures of your catch without the blood smearing it.

Kingfish.

Thank you Kingfish, yes Venkat was super helpful.

Sure i also thought it, next time onwards will be careful on the image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:16 am 

Bobby wrote:
Fromsouthtamilnadu wrote:
@ Bobby thank you, it was u can say one hobby i had such a late success in life so u know how much it meant, u frm HKG? I was in Shenzhen for 8 years of life.!

I live in Hong Kong, I am about 15 - 20 minutes away from Shenzhen....

Hi Bobby yes im aware, hope the recent the political situation is normal, its being 3 years since i have been there

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 am 
Fishaholic

The situation is still chaotic on given days in certain areas, from what I notice Friday to Monday seems to be especially chaotic ... I hope that things settle down soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 pm 
Fishaholic

That’s a superb GT on a light saltwater setup .
You are lucky to have Venkat as your mentor!
Good job mate!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:19 pm 

Bobby wrote:
The situation is still chaotic on given days in certain areas, from what I notice Friday to Monday seems to be especially chaotic ... I hope that things settle down soon.

Yes hope it settles fast for good of every one living there, tc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 pm 

binu wrote:
That’s a superb GT on a light saltwater setup .
You are lucky to have Venkat as your mentor!
Good job mate!

Thank you Binu, yes it was that day all positives are on my side lucky you can say.

Yes as I said Venkat is amazing mentor/buddy and always replies even if the question is kind of rubbish (which some time i realize later more i gain knowledge hehe)