[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Fishing?! Let's go - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:28 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing?! Let's go
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:35 pm 

Hi Fellow Anglers

This is my first report of my Fishing Trip hopefully not the last.

I hadn’t gone fishing in a long time and the urge to catch fish was overwhelming. With the memory of my last three trips in my mind (the first trip, I caught three puffers, hardly worth mentioning. The second, it rained in the month of February, rain in February??!! And my third trip was the beginning of the how the sea would test of my mental toughness. High tide on a full moon, I see fishing feeding below me, casted and not one bite, NOT ONE BITE!! It looked like they weren’t interested in what I offered them), I made it my target to hunt for the fish.. I was hell bent and determined that I shall find that fish…Unfortunately, I neither had the time or the company to partner me on my expedition. I kept pushing it back thinking somebody shall give me company to fish. Days came and went, weeks passed like the clouds on a summer day; one moment it’s the weekend, the next moment you’re at work thinking where did the weekend go? (Was it the weekend two days back?)

Every day I monitored the tides, the days, my schedule, my friends schedule so that one day it would click. And then it happened, that elusive day, that magical day has arrived and I had the company and the time. I quickly rang up my uncles who fish a bit occasionally with me to inquire about their schedules. So the conversation started off with me inquiring about their schedules and whether they were free to come for a quick fishing trip.

I usually fish in and around Navi Mumbai and had quite success there (success in my standards, a walk in the park for you fellow pros). So I decided why not we try some other place instead of the usual spot. The day was good, the high tide was early in the day and I felt like a trip to new fishing ground. So the uncles reported in with their schedules (Tony and Bertu are their names). Tony was a positive but unfortunately Bertu was a negative (he had a project that he had to work on). So it was me and Tony for the trip. We met and brainstormed about the possible locations we could go to. We decided to try our luck on the west coast of Mumbai (had a failed attempt on another such location where Bertu suffered a reel malfunction, he got “unscrewed” and his reel fell apart literally).

So high tide was early the next day. I was excited from the night of discussion so I could get only 4 hours of sleep. Woke up the next day, had a wash and headed to Tony’s place. From there we’d head to the location by car. We met, ate some local breakfast on the way, took the SCLR (Santa Cruz Chembur Link Road) and reached the location. I had been there nearly 6-8 years before and it is just the same as it was. We reached the first location, picked up our gear and then decided to walk it out to scout out possible locations. On the way, we saw two veterans of hand lining fishing on the bank, working their stuff. We observed them for some time and continued on our way. We scouted a promising place but it was on the other side of where we were. So we decided to cross over and head to the place. While we were crossing to the other side, we spotted a fellow angler travelling along with us, had a small chat with him about where he was headed and we continued on.

10 minutes later, we were on the other side but still not yet at our location. We had to walk it to the first our way point which was about 15 minutes. The second way point involved crossing over a wall and trudging towards the beach, another 15 minutes through thick foliage and grass. Once we reached out waypoint, it was just beach, sand and rocks, rocks that I have never had the opportunity to climb on. We climbed on to a couple of rocks that had jagged edges and we setup camp and our kit. Tony was tired from the long trek so he settled down to catch his breath and admire the view. I took out my kit, set up my rod with the lure and started casting. With no luck with the current location, I switched locations to a place where the rocks formed a pool when the water came. The water was choppy and the temperature was rising. I persisted for sometime till I decided to change place to another location that looked even more promising.

I went to that place and casted. I was standing on a knife’s edge, rocks with jagged edges that would cut you up like sushi if you ever slipped on one side and the crushing power of the sea on the other side. I waited patiently and casted but I guess luck was not on my side that day. I then headed back to the first location, closer to my kit and casted there. I even changed my lure thinking that the new one would benefit me but to no avail. The only blessing in disguised was the scenery and watching the numerous boats coming back from the night’s fishing trip.

With me and Tony having no luck, we decided to call it a day and head back to Bertu’s place for a good lunch consisting of rice, dal and some fried fish (the irony….) and some much need shut eye. Nevertheless, the trip was a good and enriching experience for both of us and it was nice to see some sea and rock for a change.

I’ve attached some pics of my trip. Hope you like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Good one Vivek! it took me 5 such trips to land my first fish.... Fishing has all the elements an angler needs. A fish is just a bonus.

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:34 am 

I'll second that any day Omesh... Fishing is an adventure in itself. The fish is just a bonus to the adventure[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Nice report....tight lines!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:39 pm 

Yep hopefully i should strike big gold soon!!