[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
My 2nd Barramundi - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:05 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: My 2nd Barramundi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi All,

Barramundi was my dream fish since I saw the anglers posting of barramundi catches. Finally my dream came true and able to catch my first elusive barramundi.

My first fishing trip was with angler friend (Sandeep) was memorable, he was able to catch 2 beautiful barramundi’s in one session. since then got fascinated by this sport and used dream about catching this fish on fine day..

Last 1 year I was trying to catch this fish from Mumbai shore, seen so many other anglers was able to catch in front of me.. I was not able to understand why I m not that lucky? In search of the quest brought few reels, rods and lots of different lures and other angling gear .. but still no luck.. the positive side was only twice I was able to get strike but could able hook up properly.

As per the feedback of one angler friend (Shailesh), previous night he saw good nos. of barra feedings and able to land a good size barramundi.. Since last 1 month period nobody was able to catch anything .so I thought to give try.

Finally yesterday night, luck was my side and successfully able to hook and land beautiful barramundi..

We saw one feeding and tried casting lure but no success, after 10-15 minutes .. I casted long and started to reel slowly..got the strike and proper hook up, played with the fish for almost 3-5 minutes and finally able to catch the first Barramundi. What a awesome fight! ..can’t express the feeling in words about the first fight! For which I waited so long.

I would like thank to Mr. Damian for the guidance throughout the wonderful fight..

I would also like to thank our forum from where I learned about fishing and all angler friends who always encouraged me and boosted my moral in lots of unsuccessful fishing trips.

Uploading some photos ( thanks to Steve for the clicks)

Regards - Vinod

Last edited by vinodrm on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Vinod, However I am not able to see the pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:13 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks. i have re posted it now..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice Barra !! Congratulations.

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 pm 
Fishaholic

This is awesome – and congrats to again and again.

I very well deserved silver beauty. I believe that you have set an example to many new anglers and proved patience pays in the end.
Your hard work and dedication is much appreciated.

Wish you many more sooner.

Post subject: lure
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 pm 

congrtasssss friend........i too dreaming for the big one................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 am 

Congrats on your first big Barramundi!!

Keep it up and Tight lines!! Patience and hard work never lets you down.. at least in fishing :-)
-Pradeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 am 
Enlightened

Thas a Cracking Barra there mate [smilie=thatworks.gif] especially for your first fish......Well done. Now that you have landed a nice fish you will be longing for more and dreaming of fishing at work like the rest of us lol

what lure were you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats!

That is one good sized fish you caught there .....
So, what was the weight of the fish and what lure did you catch it on?

Cheers, Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks everyone for encouraged comments ...

I was using Halco Roosta Popper 135 (Red Head) and aprox weight of the barra was 7kg plus.

Viper..trust me.. everyday i think about fishing and catching such beautiful specimens..may be at home or office...fishing is by default in head and heart:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 am 
Fishaholic

Congrt vinodrm... nice catch..

Vijay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Just came back from Konkan trip, tried fishing and lucky to catch my first Mangrove Jack (Tamboshi) that too 3KG.. gave good fight as expected.. in same session caught 3 more yellow fin trevally . After two days tried fishing at another location.. able to catch 2 more MJ’s (each of aprox 1.5KG) The last fishing session was surf fishing at night . first time caught white snapper (Palu), thanks to Santosh for guidance. Over all.. Amazing trip.. Learn lot about fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Those are some good landings Vinod. I am glad you have finally been able to get those fish you have been dreaming off. Keep up the efforts and I am sure you will land many more.

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot for encourage comments Desmond and Debajyoti.

Post subject: My 2nd Barramundi
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Yesterday landed 4.5kg barramundi..here some pics of the catch..

Tackle used was Penn PowerStick 10 feet rod, Penn Battle 4000 spinning reel, 40LB Powerpro braid, 50LB fluro carbon leader and Rapala Walker lure:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Vinod,

Just saw these post while I was checking other thread.

Congrats on this catchs. Looks like you are enjoying fishing with light tackle

Ezek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm 
Fishaholic

congratualitons Vinod! now thats some good sized fish there.