[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
This time I beat the GTs to hook a barramundi. - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:04 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 pm 
Fishaholic

After a month I am back at my favorite spot. The water level was very very low, the river was disconnected, the water was sandy even the subsurface lures were hitting the floor and no signs of baits. The chance of getting a fish there was nill, but wait, this spot has never disappointed me and my hopes were high. Me and my cousin were there and I tried casting for some and we learnt there were no fishes at the moment and so I stopped casting and we were waiting for the right time to come. An hour later I continued and on my fourth cast I hooked into a fish. Initially there was only very mild pull for some time and I thought it was a smallet GT and I can winch it.. But a moment later it started its run and it was unstoppable. This is one fish I was unable to control and it went into the rocks and the line got hold on a rock. Time to do rock hopping!! Since the waves were low I was able to move through those greenish mossy rocks and was able to free the line. Then again the fight started and I had to run along the jetty to get down to the beach and finally I landed this GT from the beach. This is one of the fight which I will remember for ever.

After landing the fish, I asked my cousin to pack up and move on, but my cousin insisted to fish for a little more time. Though I was reluctant it was a very good decision by my cousin as I got hooked again immediately. As soon as I got hooked I know this is not a GT and the arial jump immediately confirmed it. Man what a feeling it was, I got a barramundi, a fish other than a GT on lure after nearely 3 years, finally I won against the GTs.. It was a very brief fight and we landed it very quickly.

Venkatesan

Last edited by h_venkatesan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:17 pm 
Fishaholic

congratulations for the huge gt and barra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 pm 

where is this spot can u tell me at what time u fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Venky for the catch,
Finally posing with a mundi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Venkatesan for a Nice GT and your first baramundi. A very nice Report as well! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:28 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Venkat nice GT and Mundi.....me looking forward you to hook a Barracuda too.....cheers..

regd

vijay...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:31 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Venky,
Nice fish there man.
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats venky on the barra and the GT... thanks for sharing...

Post subject: superb...superb...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Venkat, this time it has been a double delight. A 10 kg GT and a 6 kg barramundi on the same day is phenomenal. Wishing you many many tight lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Venkatesan! congratulations and a big big thank you for sharing, its like a breath of fresh air after a few weeks of mostly introductory or query posts! really refreshing! may god bless you with many more!

Tight lines

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 am 
Fishaholic

Will give you a call and will join you when the season starts...I am all set with the popping rod, Stick Baits and poppers...Will Taget the GT's and GT's only unlike you :D :D :D

Congrats buddy for your Barra...Hope you enjoyed it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Super stuff Venky. Congrats.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:59 pm 
Enlightened

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:37 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks to everyone.

@Chris: you are always welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:49 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats for the catch. Very good size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats and a very nice report!

Looking forward eagerly to hit that spot again in November :-)

In the mean while let's go to Chennai and put some Cudas on the sand.
But again, with your luck you will be catching the same 'ol GTs in Chennai too :lol:

Maruthu