->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing From Shore
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am 
Enlightened

Hello Anglers,
I have purchased a telescopic fishing rod, which i understand is of no use, but still have to use as i have paid for it, can anyone help me with shore fishing, which hard bait i use, i am planning to put sinker on my fishing line and use small prawns as bait. it it okay. Small hook i will use atleast i can hookup small fishes. Is it the correct time to go for fishing... Monsoon the water seems not to be clear...... Anglers Please help.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear mane,

Before I answer your question, let me request you not to post one topic in several sections. I am deleting your post from Introduction section.

As per your question, the Mansoon is the best time to do some bait fishing from shore. I am sure, Madh and Manori will produce some good fishes.

In case you go to Madh, near the place where ferry operates for Manori, you will find some hand-liner fishing in the estuary. See their setup and copy the same for your rod. Look how they tie there hooks, how and what bait they use and how they execute the strike. Simultaneously go through different discussions on this forum. Once you know the basic setup, you will clearly understand those discussions and you will be able to improvise and improve your skills.

Please bear in mind that there are no shortcuts to learn the art of angling. Taking shortcuts will only create doubts in your mind and you will loose the real joy of angling.

In case you are still not able to gather the basic setup from the hand_liners, lets meet some day and I will suerly share with you the setups and baits etc, so as to give you a fair idea of shore fishing.

Regards,

Ali.

Regards

Last edited by angler_ali on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

I feel for your cry for help.

Tell us, have you also got a fishing reel and line, as well as hooks?

If you can give us the name and any other info. stated on the rod, such as length of rod, line rating (i.e 8-16 lbs. or 4-8 kgs. etc) as well as the weight it can cast (usually in grams or ounces) - this will enable us to see what equipment you have and suggest to you how it may be used for fishing.

Similarly, give us details of the reel and line and hooks that you have.
Have you got any hard body (plastic/wood) lures that resemble fish?

Without knowing this information, we will be guessing and not be able to guide you properly.

You should also be thankful angler-ali has offered you his time and
knowledge - don't waste this golden opportunity.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:01 pm 
Enlightened

Ali Sir. i have purchased the telescopic rod which is a casting rod which have been taken by me saying that it will take a load of 5 kgs approx. the reel i have is of some company writen as red man. small carp hook i am using. is it okay... i will share the information here what ever will happen at beach........

Last edited by sagar_mane on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fishing From Shore
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:09 pm 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:
Hello Anglers,
I have purchased a telescopic fishing rod, which i understand is of no use, but still have to use as i have paid for it, can anyone help me with shore fishing, which hard bait i use, i am planning to put sinker on my fishing line and use small prawns as bait. it it okay. Small hook i will use atleast i can hookup small fishes. Is it the correct time to go for fishing... Monsoon the water seems not to be clear...... Anglers Please help.....

@ Sagar mane
Welcome to the Mad gang [smilie=dunceblock.gif] I say you have been bitten by the highly infectious bug called Fishing :lol:
your desperate cries for help have not gone unheard , You are lucky !!

Just as Alibhai said try the Madh and Manori area---> that is the perfect spot for you to learn a lot about fishing , go there at around 4pm buy some prawns from the local fisherwomen selling it at the entrance of the beach and you will find local handliners already busy with their line in the water they are all friendly and will help you out with the knot tying and rig making etc .. { even if you are a non smoker just don't forget to carry a few cancer sticks along , offer them to the handliners , it works :wink: if you find a bearded oldman called the chacha then stick to him he is a big hooker :lol: of the fish he has caught many big ones from there and very soon you too will be counting your hooked catfish & croakers

after you have gone bored of catching the small ones and want to graduate to catching the big barramundis { Jitada} then again it’s the same place but at night after 10pm till 2am you will find almost a dozen anglers over there all trying their luck for the coveted mumbai Jitada
So you see this place is full of Action everywhere, action on the waterfront and also action on the beach ;-) you can never be bored :P very soon you will be a better angler, but don't you ever make tall claims of "catching a barra in every cast " :lol: :lol: :wink:
here is the co-ordinates of the place 19.11'49.93" N and 72.47'47.60"E its called marve beach and it’s a public place so be careful while casting your baits lest you hook a bystander watching your game
don't write off the telescopic rod as useless !! Infact almost all of my catches have been tackled with the telescopic rod which many anglers had said is of no use
Here check this picture of my last big catch a barra caught with a telescopic rod

Alibhai has offered you help , I say grab it with both hands go meet him first, you will certainly return wiser with a better picture of all types of angling
Happy Fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 pm 
Fishaholic

PM me your number.

Sanjay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:06 am 
Fishaholic

you already have my no sanju... how come you never call me? naraj ho kya??? :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:24 am 
Enlightened

Hi Good Morning Anglers......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Doc. I did call you the last time I went fishing. That was the last......... :-)

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 am 
Enlightened

Sanjay sir..... I am really sorry was having clients at office, they left at 12.30 am in the night so i came little late and woke up little late... Sorry Sir could not make it this this but really sure next time i will be there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am 
Enlightened

Hello anglers... I am going alone to aksa Beach to do fishing now. When you reach to aksa Beach there is a parking lot just outside the resort hotel. when you come inside the beach take a right and walk little far. there is no one there there are rocks lying. from there i will put my fishing line. is any anglers there nearby please contact me so that i can learn something from you. Sorry friends but i am going alone coz i want to learn and dont wish to spend my leave sleeping. Anglers if there nearby mad aksa marve gorai uttan please do allow me to join you.

Please bless me so that atleast i will have the first catch today even if it is small fish. (Pl. note i am not going to take any fish home.i waill catch then and will leave the asap.

Regards

Last edited by sagar_mane on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Sagar, three things:
1. Do not call me Sir. I am also a student of angling like you and not yet a guru.
2. Do not post your contact number. Its is against forum rules. Use the PM facility for that.
3. Its a very good decision to go fishing on your holiday instead of sleeping. We spoke on the phone. Even if you do not catch the fish, remember that it was better than wasting time lazying around at home. Fish or no fish, you will learn something, even if it is 'what not to do'.
Wish you all the best.

Post subject: Forgivness
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm 
Enlightened

Friends / Anglers,
I am really sorry so some post i have mentioned in this forum. But as i am new to this forum i have posted some post which i have not to do. This wont repeat again. I ask all of you for forgiveness. Sanjeev Bhai its my habit since childhood to call everyone sir and mam. Thats the reason i have been greeting you all as sir. Please do not take to heart. And we will meet some day....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:26 pm 
Enlightened

Today afternoon at 1 pm i started fishing at aksa beach. for some times i was just throwing and pulling it back. Later something got stuck in my line. i gulped down two three sips and started to pull back my line. when i removed my line it was a washing powder packet and i sang a song..... washing power ******* washing powder ****** then later i log many pepsi juice packet which we used to have for one rupee in our childhood.... and many more kachra..... but i was really fun didnt got bored alone..... and really enjoyed..... but if i would have got a catch i would have been more happy... maybe i was doing something wrong..... rest i will post tomorrow was my pc is down and i am using my cell phone....

have a wonderful sleep
good night
friends / anglers

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:42 pm 
Enlightened

Anglers / Sirs / Friends
is anyone planing to go for fishing at madh marve, aksa, gorai, uttan, annywhere in mumbai. Please allow me to join you so that i can learn the art from you all expertise. Please sir i am just sitting idle for so many days doing nothing but poor fishing. Anglers / Sirs please help.

Post subject: Re: hello
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 pm 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:
Anglers / Sirs / Friends
is anyone planing to go for fishing at madh marve, aksa, gorai, uttan, annywhere in mumbai. Please allow me to join you so that i can learn the art from you all expertise. Please sir i am just sitting idle for so many days doing nothing but poor fishing. Anglers / Sirs please help.

hi Sagar if im not wrong every angler has gone through such ordeal and still faces it most of the time. So this is the first lesson of angling ur learning pactient. U need not worry much . Any ways monsoon is a dull for saltangling. U got a pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm 
Enlightened

Sagar Mane Ji - You got a PM from me too :)

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm 
Enlightened

Sir i have seen ur pm. I am not ji sir i am just Sagar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:
Please sir i am just sitting idle for so many days doing nothing but poor fishing. Anglers / Sirs please help.

Keep fishing as a hobby ,pastime and sport .... sitting idle at home waiting to go fishing is not a solution for a lifetime occupation ... get busy with your real life ... work .... and treat fishing as a hobby .... best of luck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm 
Enlightened

Sir,
I go to work but i mean to sit idle is to sit when i am off work, i go alone to fish at aska beach like i went on sunday. Hope to join you very soon sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Sagar, I will be out of town till 25th... After that I'll take you fishing. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:25 pm 
Enlightened

Santosh Sir..... I will be there anytime when ever u give me call

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm 
Fishaholic

I will do that, if you stop that "sir" thing.. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm 
Enlightened

Santosh Bhai...... from now on no sir....

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:47 pm 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:

:cry: :cry: dont you like my name.. ??? if you dont, you can call me santo :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 pm 
Enlightened

Santosh is the good name.... I will call you Santosh

Last edited by sagar_mane on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

:? :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm 
Fishaholic

[smilie=huh-ani.gif] [smilie=huh-ani.gif] [smilie=huh-ani.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm 
Enlightened

:o :o :o :o :o :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
sagar_mane wrote:

:cry: :cry: dont you like my name.. ??? if you dont, you can call me santo :lol:

Now let me think of a name that Sagar Mane can call Santosh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:02 pm 
Fishaholic

My Bawa Dikra...chup beso.. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:16 pm 
Enlightened

Sir, I will call santosh by his name only not to think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Quite entertaining :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:41 am 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
sagar_mane wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm 
Enlightened

apoo wrote:
santosh wrote:
sagar_mane wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

apoo bhai....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey sagar,

A small tip! Stop going to Aksa. Its one of the sandiest beaches possible, Its also shallow which makes it a perfect place to go with your girl/wife and enjoy the water, sand and scenery,... I remember going there many years ago with one of my girlfriends. Was fun!
Well joke's apart.... If your going out till Aksa, go further....... say 15-25 kms. then find some spots and try you might not be disappointed.
Use the search button to find a writeup on locating the fish in the sea. Arish has posted a very valuable thread about the same.

Wish you luck! Don't let the passion die. Keep catching the katchra. Someday you will catch a fish!

Regards,