->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:31 am 

Great Catch, Congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Great catch Mario...Keep more barras coming...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 pm 

that is a very nice catch Congrats for that :P

isn’t it very very sad to kill a Big Pregnant Female Barramundi that carried millions of eggs ????
killing a pregnant woman is considered a double murder in the books of law and but what about other species ?? its unethical and to the best of my knowledge most of the religions in the country also do not allow to harm or cut a fruit laden tree so leave alone the egg laden fish & animals
irresponsible and unregulated fishing is an enormous problem in the country today

I am sure all of us on this forum are from well to do background and none of us are that destitute and famished to kill a pregnant female fish [even barras that big are not good to eat thats what many people told me and also the pollution waters of mumbai ]
I am writing this post not to criticize any person but to condemm the act of not releasing the big female barras for our future generations I humbly Appeal to all guys who don’t release big fish ,we will not starve to death by releasing them PLEASE let them survive and Angling will also survive with them or else one day we will have to just show pictures of them to our future generation

And even this forum also promotes Catch & Release

Here are some barra facts to refresh the memories ( collected from the net)
At the start of the monsoon males migrate downriver to meet females, which lay very large numbers of eggs (multiple millions each). The adults do not guard the eggs or the fry, which require brackish water to develop.
The species is sequentially hermaphrodite, most individuals maturing as males and becoming female after at least one spawning season; most of the larger specimens are therefore female.
The Barramundi produce eggs between the months of September and April , Barramundi eggs and larvae require salt water and spawning normally takes place in Marine bays and river mouths
Juvenile Barramundi [now200-300mm] migrate up the rivers and ito freshwater wetlands.
If the young do not have access to freshwater they will probably remain in coastal and estuarine areas to mature
After three to five years most of the freshwater Barramundi migrate back to the ocean to spawn

Our lust to grab a few praises & records is clouding our judgement, hardly in this whole forum do i read a barra being released ???? I think its about time we became a little bit more responseble

Sandesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:11 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Sandesh your wisdom is very well appriciated. THERE are even more post on this forum where big barras have been caught please take the trouble to spread some wisdom over there . The forum do promote C&R but only promotes or lets all decide and bring a band on anglers from IA, who dont C&R or else lets not discuss this issue. One or a few anglers can make a diffirence if C&R is practiced but if you want to make a difference with an humble appeal please try the bigger front where barras are fished out by gill nets. As in angling a barra is always at an advantage and can get de hooked by an Anglers smallest mistake enough of chance given to the fish also.

destitute and famished to kill a pregnant female fish.lust to grab a few praises & records is clouding our judgement.will not starve to death by releasing them. Use of all these words realy do not make your request humble. If you have searched the net for info barras tell me how often have you seen a barra on sale at the local fish market. Do you know why? Sandesh there are recent post on this forum to discuss C&R of Barras Why did you choose this particular post, PLease let me know .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 pm 

mailme.mario wrote:
Hi Sandesh your wisdom is very well appriciated. THERE are even more post on this forum where big barras have been caught please take the trouble to spread some wisdom over there .
Sandesh there are recent post on this forum to discuss C&R of Barras Why did you choose this particular post, PLease let me know .

sandesh more wrote:
isn’t it very very sad to kill a Big Pregnant Female Barramundi that carried millions of eggs ????
killing a pregnant woman is considered a double murder in the books of law and but what about other species ?? its unethical
irresponsible and unregulated fishing is an enormous problem in the country today
I am writing this post not to criticize any person but to condemm the act of not releasing the big female barras for our future generations
I think its about time we became a little bit more responseble
Sandesh

my dear maria
when you say that my wisdom is well appreciated then why do you question it ??? unless you are drunk and not in your senses late at 3 .11am writing this reply :P
It was clearly mentioned in my post that I 'm not criticizing any single person and it is for all those who don't release big ones and I am sure they all read it
And sadisticly you were displaying a bleeding big dead female fish fully laden with eggs and so I chose your post(not you) to send the message accross
This is an open disscussion forum and there are no rules saying your post is only to congratulate you and not discuss C&R
So stop acting like col gaddafi
Go get some sleep you'll feel better :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:43 pm 
Fishaholic

]

my dear maria
when you say that my wisdom is well appreciated then why do you question it ??? unless you are drunk and not in your senses late at 3 .11am writing this reply :P
It was clearly mentioned in my post that I 'm not criticizing any single person and it is for all those who don't release big ones and I am sure they all read it
And sadisticly you were displaying a bleeding big dead female fish fully laden with eggs and so I chose your post(not you) to send the message accross
This is an open disscussion forum and there are no rules saying your post is only to congratulate you and not discuss C&R
So stop acting like col gaddafi
Go get some sleep you'll feel better :p[/quote]

Mr.Sandesh C&R is a very delicate issue to be discussed on ones post of a catch.

You Need to get your info right when you make personal remarks. And you are not the first person to assume i was drunk only because i replied at 3 in the morning . Did any other assumtions crossed your mind , try think hard and you'll get an answer i'll suggest a few fishing,fishing and fishing. One assumption of your gone wrong.
Sadisticly displaying the bleeding gills or an egg laiden barra , Browse well on the forum there are more,do know you why , not possible in my case you were not there when i landed the fish. The luer was in the throat near the gills.
There are are somany reason why an Angler might have taken home his catch but one cannot assumes untill one was present there.
Thats why i request that you take the initiative to make C&R a rule on this forum which the forum promotes. And block IA Members who dont.
And Sandesh please think before what you assume about me. If you have any issues we can meet just PM me i'll tell you why i did not C&R. Waiting for your PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

@ Sandesh: We appreciate you enlightening us with the C&R. As and when possible we do practice C&R. However, if you ponder over the concept of C&R there are certain circumstances where it is advisable not to release your catch instead consume it. Like the case over here about what Mario has mentioned. You might be even aware that when you fight a fish for long the fish actually gives in and at times it is difficult to review the fish. To draw a line lets not argue about who should practice C&R. Lets us all practice C&R as and when possible. However, its an individualistic approach and in the true spirit of the game it is and will be practiced. You however, could have very well posted your comments on a thread specific to C&R. Targeting one individual is sadistic and I believe you would agree on that. The ringing of bells be for masses and not for individuals. I appreciate you gathering the facts about barras. Will help a novice like me in the long run. I do not know Mario is person neither do I know all the members here accept a few. Mario has been lucky in landing big barras (not all are as lucky as him) and I am certain that should it come to his mind he will definitely practice and promote C&R. In cases like these we cannot presume things for sure. Would appreciate if you move this comment to the appropriate thread and we will take it from there.

And who says you need to be drunk to post @ 0311 hrs. He could be up to something and you definitely spoiled his mood then

@Mario: There is no way I or we can enforce C&R on you or absolutely anyone. As I said its an individualistic approach and you my friend are the most lucky one to land the over sized barras :) I am certain you will one day report a catch and release for sure. At the end of the day its your fish, you fought it, you landed it. But dont forget you friend here even dreams of one like that. So lets this of others as well as for the sustainability of the species. [smilie=giggle.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:18 pm 
Fishaholic

what im goin to say are absolutely my thoughts and i dont want to be harsh with anybody so please dont take them negatively...

Sandesh when i saw your post i was genuinely shocked because whatever you have said is not wrong at all but the place is absolutely wrong, as when u post something like this on someones post; naturally it will pointing towards that person.
secondly when you saw the dead fish and felt bad about it, you should have asked Mario about the whole incidence and under what circumstances he landed the fish and why was it not released, as we all are good friends and everyone is open for any sort of discussion.
thirdly ( this might be bit impulsive ) don't ever let yourself be prejudice minded about anybody just because someone portrays a person that way.(i may be wrong with this but just i thought of expressing )

lastly, any good angler doesn't like to kill the fish which has given him the fight of the life time, but then there are some circumstances where you are forced to do it, practically fighting and landing the fish is never under perfect conditions, as Dezz rightly said fishes get exhausted when they fight a long fight, the reason behind it is the 2 chambered heart which is not meant for long term physical activity against resistance( drag ) and again when you land the fish it keeps on flapping and in the process many times damages its vital organs which eventually leads to the death of the fish even when it is released.

cure for it, is saying good bye to angling....

or using barb less hooks, yanking the fish out without fight :twisted:
using landing nets only and waiting till you are convinced that the fish is breathing properly and will not die if released ( it can take several hours ) so unless and until you are ready to do all above things; you should not go out for fishing...

so i just wanted to say that, please don't make this wonderful forum a battle ground which i have seen it being lately...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:56 am 
Fishaholic

thats a nice fish buddy......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 am 
Enlightened

Mario once again Great Catch!!!! [smilie=coolup.gif]

@Sandesh - Your sentiments about Catch and release are well appreciated however this thread was just not the place for it

Aside from that making a comment such as this on someone else's post is extremely offensive. Making assumptions about someone and publishing it even more so.

Well honestly put - there is no telling what happens to a fish after release, it could die or it could survive ..
It is one of the many hazards of our love for angling, no matter what sometimes fish die > either ways, what the doc says above is correct - refrain from the sport itself if you feel that bad.

An open post about this would have been a nice read ... here its plain insulting to the author ... so chill dude 8) Lets just enjoy the post ... and applaud the catch ... :lol: [smilie=grineyes.gif]
PS - Knowing Mario - He would definitely not be drunk .... Perhaps up waiting for the right tide and time to pull out his gear and go get hooked (no pun intended [smilie=grinn.gif] seriously)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Fishaholic

dr. prasads post makes the most sense... i agree on the statements of the landing net and taking time to revive the fish .. if you want to release it.

all the best guys.. do your best to release the big mamas (literally thats what they are ) but if the inevitable happens , lets not bash each other, but lets hope that the time we take and skill we develop in landing them, lets take that much time and learn how to properly release too. i want to take my kids fishing if and when i have them guys.. i sure you want that too. take God bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys, full moon is near. Time to go fishing.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Sandesh,

By any chance, do you know one other member of this forum by the ID of Daddy (K. Patil)

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Sandesh,
By any chance, do you know one other member of this forum by the ID of Daddy (K. Patil)

Regards,
Ali.

This is Interesting.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:24 pm 
Fishaholic

The traceroute reveals that the post appear from same area :)

ha ha ha :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm 
Fishaholic

So sad one has to come down to use two fake names. Ha Ha Ha. Ones actions defines oneself Mr.K.Y.Patil. Thanks for proving it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:45 pm 
Fishaholic

mailme.mario wrote:
So sad one has to come down to use two fake names. Ha Ha Ha. Ones actions defines oneself Mr.K.Y.Patil. Thanks for proving it.

Mr. Patil was a fake so was Sandesh... Mario, looks like someone on the forum is a big fan of you & with Psychopathic Personality ... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 pm 
Fishaholic

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
mailme.mario wrote:

Mr. Patil was a fake so was Sandesh... Mario, looks like someone on the forum is a big fan of you & with Psychopathic Personality ... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

This feels like being a part of some thriller!!!!! [smilie=shock.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm 
Fishaholic

sandesh calling sandesh....

daddy calling daddy....

********* calling ********* ?????

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 pm 
Fishaholic

sanju_freeworld wrote:
santosh wrote:
mailme.mario wrote:

Mr. Patil was a fake so was Sandesh... Mario, looks like someone on the forum is a big fan of you & with Psychopathic Personality ... :lol: :lol:

This feels like being a part of some thriller!!!!! [smilie=shock.gif]

LOL!

@ Sandesh! you do this here you do it on lions thread! I know you like doing the dew but don't do yahaan do wahan jhaadi ke peeche!

LOL!

All things are tracked and can be audited and edited if required, Its an open forum, let it stay open in the quest of trying to make C&R a rule or create too much awareness you might just end up getting many more rules that might just make anyone think a million times before posting anything! then it won't be fun at all, the site might change from good ol indian angler to serious/responsible/C&R rule following indian angler!

Many people don't practice it! many people are into fishing businesses! at the end of the day everyone lives with their conscious or kills it! The choice is for them to make and they make it! In the quest to create awareness you have literally targeted 2 good time anglers on the forum! what goes around comes around! Don't you remember when in school you were told those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones at others, I'm sure now you do!.....

Mr Patil. No offense! take a chill pill in case its too much for your conscience to even see this then even better take a sleeping pill and quit angling!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Lets all go on a hunger strike and make the Govt of India realise that we need a law for Catch and Release!!! :D Better still, let also bring in the idea of Fishing licences like they have in the West/Europe...That way, all the fishes thrive and our angling also prevails as a sport!..No One Gets hurt and no more fighting on IA!!!.... :twisted: :twisted: And everyone lived happily ever after.. 8)

Come on guys..lets enjoy our fishing!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 pm 
Fishaholic

abraganza wrote:
Lets all go on a hunger strike and make the Govt of India realise that we need a law for Catch and Release!!! :D Better still, let also bring in the idea of Fishing licences like they have in the West/Europe...That way, all the fishes thrive and our angling also prevails as a sport!..No One Gets hurt and no more fighting on IA!!!.... :twisted: :twisted: And everyone lived happily ever after.. 8)

Come on guys..lets enjoy our fishing!!!!

nice one antony,,,,full moon is near,,,how are you guys,,,lets catch some barra what n say mario :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Glad to see that you finally got some Barra Mario.
What did the big one weigh ?

Personally, I've always warned my fishing partners in India that any very small barra that I catch and any barra over 15kg's will go back alive if it's at all possible to release it safely. They have predictably gone nuts when I've done this with small fish but I've yet to break the 15kg barrier and haven't seen their reaction to a biggie going free yet.
I do know that Scott and Sam now release almost all of their fish and was told that this lead to a few "interesting" reactions.
We all make our choice by our own concience. it's not something that you can force on anybody.
Mind you, I've seen the waters around Coloba and whilst they're not as bad as they used to be, I don't think I'd fancy eating a fish caught there and I'd definatly be concerned about the levels of persistent chemical polutants like heavy metals and PCB's if I were eating those fish regulary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:43 am 
Fishaholic

I think that Ken has made a very good point here, in that if one were to
somehow overlook the polluted waters that some fish are caught in, it is another thing entirely to risk the health of oneself( and especially ones' children) by
eating a large fish because of the risk from dioxins and other industrial pollutants.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:44 am 
Enlightened

Hi,
Nice catch the barra, which rod did you used sir... newxt time when you go outing somewhere can i join you sir...