->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 am 

Hello Guys,

in four weeks i`m going to leave to india. I want to go fishing from shore. I think i will be in Mumbai for some days and some days in Goa.
I would like to know if i have chances to catch a GT from the shore, or if my chances are bad. What fishes can i expect? Some little hints would be verry nice. What kind of places do this fishes like? I was thinking to check if i find places with rocks and try there.

Nice greatings from Germany

Bundy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes, GT's are possible but don't expect big ones.
I suggest you do a forum search for more hints and tips but your main targets will be Mangrove Jacks and Barramundi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:03 pm 

Hey,

thanks for the answer. I checked with the forum search, but i was not sure if the GT is catched regulary from the shore or if its just luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 am 
Fishaholic

Most fishing tends to be done at night and GT's are daylight feeders. I've had GT's in Goa but they've been small. I've seen a few monsters chasing mullet but never come close to hooking one.
IMO more reliable GT sport can be had down in Karnataka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 pm 

Ok, so maybe i should rent a little boat that can take me out. I`ve read so much about the power of these fishes, that i would love to catch one.

Greatings

Bundy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:48 pm 
Fishaholic

If you can make it to Chennai for a couple of days and meet some of our members, you have a pretty good chance of hooking a GT this time of year.

Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 pm 

Ken L wrote:
Most fishing tends to be done at night and GT's are daylight feeders. I've had GT's in Goa but they've been small. I've seen a few monsters chasing mullet but never come close to hooking one.
IMO more reliable GT sport can be had down in Karnataka.
Any place you can suggest in Karnatakka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Try the rocks at the bottom of the path down to Om beach near Gokana. The white water near the island has plenty of small to medium GT's that respond well to little poppers fished fast.
I suspect that there are bigger fish to be had from the rock ledges but that spot can be bloody dangerous if there's a big surf running so be careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 pm 

Ken L wrote:
Try the rocks at the bottom of the path down to Om beach near Gokana. The white water near the island has plenty of small to medium GT's that respond well to little poppers fished fast.
I suspect that there are bigger fish to be had from the rock ledges but that spot can be bloody dangerous if there's a big surf running so be careful.
I did fish that place once and got a barra about 6 to 7 kg sizer and the namaste cafe guys just wouldnt let me release it. I will try anyway,any particular season that you would recomend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:57 pm 
Fishaholic

I was there at about this time of year.
Don't forget though that GT fishing is a daylight game with dawn and dusk the top times.