->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 am 

Hi, I'm planning to fish for GT at the N4 fishing harbor break waters for the first time and would appreciate any fishing tips from fellow anglers who have fished there. I hope to fish sometime Wed-Sat. I have a decent set of tackle (7/10/12 ft spinning / surf rods and high speed spinning reels).
Any tips on productive location, safety, timing, transportation (call taxi?) would be helpful.
thanks,
Deena
(Chennai / Singapore)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to Chennai.

Check your PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Best time should be 7pm to 11pm when the boats are at bay, you can see a lot of action during this time. Once the trawlers starts moving the action disappears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 am 

Thanks Salmonmani & venkatesan. I had the pleasure to hookup with Prithivi & Robert last evening and fish at Kovalam, thanks to Hari & Sarvana. Had a great time. It was quite windy. fish everywhere but no hits. Got to test my new tackle, surf casting poppers from the shore.
Our coast line is a treasure, particularly the Kovalam backwaters and river mouth.
I realised that Chennai fishing is rocking now and will rock more with the care and dedication of the enthusiastic resident anglers.
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:55 am 

Hi Deena,
Welcome to chennai. we have spots for fishing GT in chennai . In few day action will start.

Baskar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Deena, any further updates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 pm 

Hi Venkatesan,
I did not try N4. I managed to go back to Kovalam yesterday morning. No luck. Low wind but still large waves. not much bait fish. A local fisherman was blaming the winds (??) and was lamenting the recent poor catch. I'm back in Singapore. Hope to be back at the earliest to try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:34 am 
Fishaholic

Deena wrote:
Hi Venkatesan,
I did not try N4. I managed to go back to Kovalam yesterday morning. No luck. Low wind but still large waves. not much bait fish. A local fisherman was blaming the winds (??) and was lamenting the recent poor catch. I'm back in Singapore. Hope to be back at the earliest to try again.

You go to any coast of India and you will find local fisherman lamenting the poor catches and blaming winds or water color or temperature or XYZ factors except the real reason of indiscriminate netting throughout the year, even the mouth of estuaries and the holding rocks, destroying the breeding ground and holding places of juvenile fishes.

Yesterday only I heard the story of a guy, earning 24 lacs INR, in two years, selling Barras :!: , not paying a single rupee as tax, not returning a single brooder or juvenile fish as a long term plan, nothing in return to what he was reaping from the Sea, the greatest provider god has created.

When a farmer till and reaps his fields, he provides fertilizers, take out weeds, rakes the soil, put seeds, waters it and put a lot of effort to sustain the land and then harvest the crops. The Ocean is the fields of our fisherman but unfortunately there is a misconception amongst them that the bounty of Ocean is unending.

It is high time that we realize that even the Mighty Sea has its limitation.

Poor Catches are bound to happen.

God bless us all.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 am 
Fishaholic

Ali Bhai...
This is the best post i have read ever since the site has been up and running...

India has so many issues to deal with on so many fronts.. as we have a love for her water bodies and the seas, i really want to know what we can collectively do to strive to affect some change... and im not saying this from a narrow and ulterior motive of enjoying fishing.. im saying this because the stories such as the above are a forboding of impending disaster..infact... i seriously have been thinking this past week that probably withinh the next ten years.. we are going to have some serious problems to reckon with , in this regard..

Guys i implore y'all lets talk about this .. towards a doable end.. its not going to happen overnight its not going to be easy.. it may fail as mot things do..but please lets try... i dont know how to go about this..or whom to approach but the will is there ..... please guys lets not show apathy in this regard... its great that we have this site to talk fishing.. please lets expand its purview.. let not fishing be the only thing we do.. concerning fish ... but much more... we all know we can...again i say please...

sorry for the tirade , but i had to..