->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:04 pm 
Fishaholic

It was on 24-11-2010(Tuesday) I was sitting in my office looking at my computer but visualizing my favorite fishing spot. My friend & Fishing Guru Prithvi called over phone asking me shall we go fishing today. I was excited hearing the condition of the day and confirmed my presence.

Again he called me after a while asking whether if we can cancel the program as he had some other work on the same evening. Also he was telling me that he will try to complete before noon.

Usually on weekdays, if he cancels the program I will readily agree to it. On Wednesday, Dont know why but I was insisting him to come and was following up with him every 30mins. Then I forgot completely and submerged in my project work. Around 4.00pm, again I called him for his confirmation.

He forgot to call me but he started for fishing already. Then I asked for one hour permission from my boss telling I want to go attend my friend’s reception. With a long face, he granted by shaking his head, I did not wait to understand if the shake means yes or no. No words exchanged but I have already moved from his cabin.

Left the office at 4.25pm which is 5mins earlier to my granted permission, took a sharing van to the spot. Sharing van dropped me 2 to3 kms away from the fishing spot. I had to take a walk in the village road and sandy beach to reach the place. Removed my tie and tag, I was walking in complete formals dress and reached the spot around 5.15pm.

My dear friend forgot to bring shorts for me which I had requested him!!! What’s otherwise, I just removed my dress except my inner wear and started my casting. Since it was low tide, we were able to walk in the shore up to our hip level water and started casting.

Few days before, prithvi caught one barramundi of good size and the next evening his brother Pratap landed one good size barramundi. All these were from same spot. I was trying this place past two years. I haven’t caught even one strike. So I was telling Pratap (who was standing next to me and casting) that I’m jealous of you guys. Signing him that I will kill you i guys if only you’ll catch today also.

I started casting with my rapala popping rod using stick bait. I was using 80lb braided line . As usual casting counted 1, 2 and so on. May be after 25 cast, I took and break and chatting with Pratap. Pratap showed me a deeper place and also advised me to cast straight and tide will automatically take your plug to the deeper place. I just followed and in my nth cast, I got a strike. WOW I actually felt like some big plastic bag for few seconds. However I didn’t want to miss anything, so I strike hard to hook whatever it is.

After a couple of seconds, it started his pulling and head shaking. I was using heavy line so I was not bothered about the line getting cut. Only fear was if it will slip the hook. Now I had to walk back to shore reeling the fish as well. I was walking back and suddenly landed my leg in a deeper place. Oh my god, my leg started trembling and somehow managed to hold myself and came out of the ditch. Till the time I came out of the water, my legs were trembling and heart was pumping heavily.

All this happened in less than 3 minutes; I landed a good size Barramundi.

Prithvi and our angling guru Mr. Sekar who is a local fisherman of the spot came and helped me to unhook the lure.

In every unsuccessful trip, sekar helped me go back home with boosted hope about landing someday. I believe Mr.Sekar’s belief and hope on me catching a fish actually helped me to land this one.

Barramundi was my dream fish since I saw the Lion heart posting of barra catches. My dream came true on 24-11-2010.

Thank You Lion Heart. He is the one who always calls me as barramani. He also wished me many times to catch my dream fish.

I have some problem in uploading the picture, i Request Lionheart to upload the pictures on behalf of me.

Last edited by salmonmani on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty Congratulations my dear BARRAMANI and I wish you many such big barras in future [smilie=upyeah.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=thumbup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] :D

I am so happy that my prayers have been answered and you finally caught your dream fish and that too a big sexy Barra :wink: no wonder you had to strip down and move to waist deep waters to lure her close :P

All the barras I caught were in full sleeved shirts and cargo pants Now :twisted: :twisted: I would love to come to Chennai and try the pants down lure fishing technique :lol: :lol: can I come MR BARRAMANI :?: :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Thiruttu paiyya

You quietly went fishing and caught this beauty and you are asking me whether I am still at chennai!!!!!!!!
Congrats though. Nice fish (equally nice underpants too) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish your boss would read this posting. (send me his contact details)

Lionheart .....the official photo poster.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice one! Congrats on your dream catch!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks for posting my Pictures Mr.MURUD. You're most welcome to chennai. Good Barra, GT's and Barracuda's are waiting for you.

Barra got attracted by two lures, one was swimming and the other one was swinging. Heheheeee New chennai trick to catch barra. Make sure there are no shark.

Ravi, I was really in impression that you are settled in trichy. waiting for your next invite to Mangalore for fishing.

Do let me know when you are planning for another visit.

Thank you Lion Heart, Ravi and Venkatesan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 pm 
Fishaholic

half pants or not well caught.congrats
Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:19 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats on your Barra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:16 pm 
Fishaholic

salmonmani wrote:
Thanks for posting my Pictures Mr.MURUD. You're most welcome to chennai. Good Barra, GT's and Barracuda's are waiting for you.

Barra got attracted by two lures, one was swimming and the other one was swinging. Heheheeee New chennai trick to catch barra. Make sure there are no shark.

Thank you Lion Heart, Ravi and Venkatesan.

he he he ha ha ha ho ho ho LMAO thats very naughty of you Mani :lol: :lol: so desperate to catch a barra that you risked your FUTURE { swinging lure } :P for that fish

Now that you have caught your dream catch I want a biryani party in mumbai or else :twisted: :twisted: I will replace the barra in the second pic with a blonde girl and show it to Mrs Mani :twisted: :twisted: and you'll have a lot of explaining to do :lol: :lol: {just kidding}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Bravo!!! You have done it.
Awesome fish. Congrats!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Great fish Mani, congratulations.

Wish you many more of these beauties.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Ali and Sanju.

Sayed Please do the phototrick and let me have a look before you post. I will treat you wherever we meet next time. My treat for you will be GT briyani.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Super Barra ! Nice to read your report. Reminded me of my earlier days when I was in a sales team and used to carry a handline kit in my brief case. I have stood in a rising tide fully clothed in my office attire hush puppy shoes n' all with water up to my waist!!

cheers,

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:58 pm 
Fishaholic

jeen wrote:
Super Barra ! Nice to read your report. Reminded me of my earlier days when I was in a sales team and used to carry a handline kit in my brief case. I have stood in a rising tide fully clothed in my office attire hush puppy shoes n' all with water up to my waist!!

cheers,

Jeen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Mani, that is a very nice Barra.... it helps when you are fishing wearing just undies.. :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 pm 

Congrats Mani, Nice catch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Mani..
Thats one serious barra !!. Nice to see you catching more fish, hoping to join you guys soon .

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 am 
Fishaholic

Thank You everyone.

Jeen,i'm so happy to hear that my report reminded your pleasant past days. Happily spent days are always remembered as fresh always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 am 
Fishaholic

Mani,

Congrats on landing that great fish.
Me and Binu had a decent trip couple days back, but you had a great trip.

Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 am 
Fishaholic

Many congratulations.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats, thats one fantastic barra.

'Anything goes', when it comes to fishing. Well done.

regards,
Keyur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mani,

Sorry mate, forgot to compliment you on your fantastic 1st Barra. Wish you many more. Next time think about loosing all your clothes, you could catch something much larger!!

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Hi Mani,

Sorry mate, forgot to compliment you on your fantastic 1st Barra. Wish you many more. Next time think about loosing all your clothes, you could catch something much larger!!

Bobby

Yup I will also echo those words [smilie=nod.gif] next time fishing try dropping that two piece also ANNACHI and you'll definately catch something very BIG,
a Baracuda or a monster MJ on that swinging lure [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif]

{ Ranjani style} " Mind it " [smilie=chongin.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:29 pm 
Fishaholic

So we can say there are two things in this world that can UNDRESS you. One a GIRL and now the second one being a BARRA. :lol: :lol:

Congrats Mani, wonderful catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Lol!! I saw the pictures the first time and didn't notice. I had to relook to understand what you guys meant. Ha ha nevermind, remember Archimedes of "Eureka" fame?? Happens in excitement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm 

Hi Salmonmani,

Fantastic fish! Good story! Looking forward to seeing you later today.

Best wishes,
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you all. I'm ready to relax those two piece but afraid of shark being lured by my lure.

DAN, Welcome to INDIA.

Post subject: Great catch
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 am 
Enlightened

Hey Mani,
Congrats on that interesting report and superb fish.Hope to see some more reports like that.Any luck with the GT's out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Godfred,

I will soon come up with GT catch and report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:01 pm 
Fishaholic

salmonmani wrote:
Thank you all. I'm ready to relax those two piece but afraid of shark being lured by my lure.

[smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm 
Fishaholic

great catch Mani.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm 
Fishaholic

thats a superb catch mani...

congrates.... what a way to end a year!!!

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Thats really a superb catch Mani [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] and santo is right about the undies :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you friends.