->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:49 pm 
Fishaholic

After starting this fishing season on a decent note, I had a long long break from fishing. No matter how badly I wanted to go fishing I had home commitments, corporate events keeping me away from my favourite past time.

6 weeks after landing some decent queenfish, I ventured out with desmond to Ajman (king fish territory) & returned back empty handed without a single strike. Probably the tides in this case as it was very low (near full moon) & only 1 person (fishing all night) out of @ 70 - 100 people fishing managed to get a kingfish.

This was very depressing & just before packing up Desmond rigged a 10" mackrel (as thick as my wrist) & cast. a few moments later he had a huge grouper strike it & said thankyou very much desmond, but I'd rather stay in the rocks. This was the only strike we had & this was the longest we fished in a single day since the past year (@ 5 hrs).

The following week (last week), ?I decided to go with another friend as Desmond was busy shifting residence. The other chap too backed out as he was running a temp. I decided to go alone no matter what.

I reached the spot at 5:30am & started casting lures at 5:45am. I tried topwater lures to divers (upto 12ft), all the possible colours, but didnt get a single strike. For the first time I decided to try a swimshad & on my second cast I landed a barracuda. This got me a bit pepped up & I kept on trying even more. @ 7:30 am I met some people who I have been on touch with on another fishing forum. After corresponding with them for a couple of years I only met them for the first time.

4 of them & just 1 chap (ashley) landed 2 baracuddas, while I landed my second too.

I had caught some live bait (Ballyhoo) & rigged it up for kingfish, but that too was very dissappointing. no strikes at all. Not from baracuddas or from kings. I was really dejected & then packed up my spinning rod. as I turned towards my surf rod (rigged with live bait), I heard the familiar sound, that I love to hear each time I am out fishing. The reel started singing & the 15 -25lb rod was pointing towards the fish.

I immediately picked up the rod & set hook. After @ 10 mins or playing the fish, it was landed.

I have a few photos, but they seem a bit gory, hence I am not putting it up.

To my surprise, ashley managed to record the last 2 mins of fighting & landing the fish. Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Gw-766cuY

The stingray weighed 11.65kg (on a cabelas digital scale).
All in all a happy ending to an otherwise boring day.

Regards,
Keyur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:54 pm 
Fishaholic

very well narrated......
hope you get more time to fish and you land more and bigger fishes.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:46 am 
Fishaholic

Interesting comments:

"They eat it"

"These guys will take it"

"Steve Irving taught us right"

Enjoyed the video Keyur