->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:18 pm 

Hi Everyone, Wish i had some good news to tell but, i have had the worst nightmare in over 30 years of fishing, today i have had the misfortune to not just break one rod but two within 20 mins of each other, to say that i am unhappy would be a gross understatement as i 'm imploding as as i write this.......Travel Rods...GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........so here i am rodless and fishless under a full moon in Arombul hoping i can borrow a rod....if anyone can help please reply to this mail, Many thanks one pissed off Guyfrog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Guyfrog

I'm sure one of our members will step forward to help. How did you manage to break two rods on one outing? Was it the monsters at the rocky end of Arambol that done it?

IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:22 am 
Fishaholic

What happened to the Rods Guyfrog, you stepped on them on slamed them in the car doors :lol: ?

You should be able to buy a decent Rod in goa prices are not too bad. Sorry you had to miss the full moon magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:25 am 
Fishaholic

Ouch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:43 am 

Hi IA,and all peeps who responded, no i did not break them in car doors etc, alas to say that they were both brand new 9' ft travel rods that i had purchased prior to traveling, one a Tauvell teknos and the other a Diawa wilderness,both breaking on the casting of 28gm Rapala lures, which according to makers spec was well with in the allocated range of there casting abilities, my only conclusion is that multi piece travel rods cannot take the stress because of there many spigots, this alas does not help me, as i can not get replacements quick enough from the UK before i have to return home, next visit i shall only travel with a two piece and chance to luck with being carried in Plane hold, thanks for all your advice etc, i hope to have better luck on my next visit in December!!!! Tight Lines GuyFrog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Guyfrog wrote:
,both breaking on the casting of 28gm Rapala lures, which according to makers spec was well with in the allocated range of there casting abilities,

Double Ouch!!

The first glass rod I owned was a Daiwa Telescopic Casting Wt of 200 gms and is still worth its salt that was about 25years and several fish ago, all in Salt Water. If you go in for a telescope then think real heavy, especially now with Chinese made blanks.

I still think you should look up some shops in Goa you can buy a decent 2 pc rod within Rs. 2000 should do for the holiday.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Guyfrog wrote:
both breaking on the casting of 28gm Rapala lures, which according to makers spec was well with in the allocated range of there casting abilities,

Did it have any instructions or disclaimers on the casters specs and abilities :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fail to understand how two rods with different manufacturers can have the same result after trying to cast 28 gms lures ....... unbelievable ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobster ... anything to do with the excess moonlight on a Goa beach :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:30 pm 

Hi All, I'm very happy to report that i have just been able to borrow a rod from a fellow traveling angler (Paul Bristol UK) to whom i'm most grateful, so i shall be out and about tomorrow (Wednesday)North of Arombul's Sweetwater lake hoping to put some Pisces on the beach, will keep you informed.........Tightlines GuyFrog 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 am 
Fishaholic

GuyFrog If You go to the Vasco Market there are a couple of Tackle shops there where u could find a decent rod,also check your line it may be your line is not spooled the right way so as you cast it makes a small knot on the line which jams onto a guide and BANG goes your rod.28 Gms rapala is not much weight to break the rod its the force during the cast.Good luck Tight Lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:43 am 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
Guyfrog wrote:
both breaking on the casting of 28gm Rapala lures, which according to makers spec was well with in the allocated range of there casting abilities,

Did it have any instructions or disclaimers on the casters specs and abilities :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fail to understand how two rods with different manufacturers can have the same result after trying to cast 28 gms lures ....... unbelievable ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobster ... anything to do with the excess moonlight on a Goa beach :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think he forgot to mention the coconut tree behind him...from which hangs 2 x 28gm lures :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 pm 

If this ever happens again send me a message i live in Arambol and own several rods and reels. My laptop was broken and i didnt log for a wile so i missed your call for help.
And if you dont break send a message anyway and ill join you on some fishing.
Just got a boat for next season so keep in touch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:49 am 
Fishaholic

Hi
Please tell a non Goanese in which part of goa is Arambol?
Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:39 am 

michaelaga wrote:
Hi
Please tell a non Goanese in which part of goa is Arambol?
Regards

Arambol is situated in north Goa, small fishing village on the coast, to the north you have Kerim beach and to the South Morjim and Ashvem.
Need to cross the Shiolim river to get there.

Hope this help if you need more info just ask