->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:43 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Weekend Crockers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Its been almost 3 months that i was out fishing... As fishing season has started (according to people) so yesterday my brother and myself decided to go out for some action......
We reached sea shore by 3:30 am and started bait casting squid pieces....
in the first 5mins got 2 crockers but after that there was no luck and after sunrise there were no bites also......... :(
by 8:00 we decided to go home and get some sleep...... but decided that we will be back in evening.....
so again we started by 8 pm and this time water was prety high and seemed promising......
caught 7 crockers once again.......
mean while my brother was on the rod and set the hook...... to his surprise rod started to tilt and he knew its something big..... so he started to reel in and let the fish run as and when required..... after a couple of mins we got a decent size Cat fish...... which was immidately relsed back....
in all it was a very good day and one of the most successful day till date that we started fishing........
We were able to see lots of action in water with smaller fishes running for their lives and one can feel that there are lots of big fish around but we were able to get hold of only palm size crokers.......... need your advice how i can target these buggers.... i have never tried shads, minnows, plugs.... its beeen always bait casting.... so please advice me what should i use (during day time and night time).....
one more thing when we got the cat fish out, it was adviced that i should kill the fish..... i guess that was a sting catfish with a sharp spine on its back and was good 1kg fish.... can anyone tell me which are these cat fish.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation on a very good day of fishing. You say there was lot of activitis which signifies that some fishes were feeding. The only way to target a feeding fish is to do some spinning from the shore, You can use lures, spoons or even spinners. Try spinning and who knows, you may get lucky.

Regards,

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Ali bhai
im not aware what colour and types are used in this part of the world.......
thats why i asked this question......
and does it make difference if we going to fish in day light or during night......
what i want to know is do we use different lures during day time and night time or is it same.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Start with a Red & White and Fire tiger, The most effective lures and go through the diffrent topics posted on the same subject.

Regards,

Ali.