->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:06 pm 
Enlightened

we were planning a trip to Goa this week. Mainly relaxing and imbibing some ....but wanted to hit the water sometime. Would most likely be staying around the Mobor area - any tips ? Wondering if the Sal and Arabian sea intersection could produce something .....especially with the rains...any local knowledge and advice much appreciated....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Sure it will mate but I am no expert on Goa, so perhaps someone who has better knowledge should be able to help you better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

One spot in Goa for fishing is the Fort Aguada area. When i was there last week a lot of people were fishing from the fort wall.
The bait they were using was sardines.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:53 am 
Fishaholic

Mobar is a superb place(as most of the places in south goa).. could try fishing in the surf.. Assolna estuary would also be a good place to try those crank baits.Also there's this guy called willy or something(only if I could remember) who runs a boat service in that region, mainly taking some firangs for scuba, trolling etc... All in all, should be a good place for fishing.

Regards,
Madhur.

Last edited by madhurh1 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:09 pm 
Fishaholic

PS.Try heading towards cavolosim beach.. get to the end(after leela's) you'll reach the very end of the beach where the estuary meets the sea.... should be a dynamite place! been there as a kid.. back then, the water was transperent with a tinge of blue.... heavenly... wonder how it is now.... ??

Last edited by madhurh1 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Mobor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:17 pm 

Hi Sudhir,
How was the fishing in Goa ? I was fishing in the Mobor area on the 4th but had no luck . On the opposite side of the Mobor stretch is a place called Betul . Betul is an excellent place as far as topography goes - at the mouth of the River Sal , with plenty of rocks . However , the water is over fished and lots of disturbance with fishing trawlers from the jetty and tourist boats from the hotels. I have been there fishing many times with no luck , though a lot of old timers tell me the place used to be a great spot years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm 

I am told that there is good fishing at the Grande Island off the mainland in Goa. It takes about 20 mins by boat to get there from the Dona Paula Jetty. However some boat operators have been using spear guns to shoot the game fish ( Grouper / Red Snapper / Barramundi )which is spawning in the area. Its quite a shame because they go about doing it ruthlessly , they call it fishing :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Sudhir,

Long time... How have you been? Give us an update on your Goa trip. Any Cauvery action? I went down twice but caught nothing really worth mentioning.

Tight lines,

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject: Fishing in Goa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:41 pm 

.Hi everybody
I am soon to vacation in Goa (North) and would like some advice please on fishing in general, shore and freshwater, both rivers and lakes.

I believe there are lakes in goa; can I fish these and am I likely to catch anything, if so what species and bait, tackle etc. also do I need a licence?

Not a good sailor, so my salt water fishing will be with my feet on dry land, so I would appreciate any advice for my area (Baga)
I am taking travel rods with me (2.75lb TC rods, and light spinning rods)
Many thanks.
Lindsay

*** Post merged with existing thread, please use the search feature on the forum ***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Lindsay,
one spot I know if is from the fort aguada. Have seen people fish from there. Am not sure of the license though.
Susheel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:53 am 

the best place is da rocks

Post subject: Goa fishing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:37 pm 
Enlightened

Hi guys...long time..

Thanks for the responses on the Goa fishing...bit late though... ;-)....I sent that post last year...

Anyway...for more on that trip...it wasnt really worth mentioning...bit of catfish action near where the Sal meets the sea and one of the fluffers managed to stick his dorsal fin spines into my big toe - very very painful....promised myself that I wouldnt try to kick a fallen foe again (thats when it happened....he was making a break for it into the water - should have just let him go but my fisherman friend wanted the dude...)

Next day we took a ferry to the other side of the Sal and fished the rocks...big NADA !!!

Was in the area again this year...didnt fish though.....

Am off to the Kaveri this weekend...for the first round of action this year...will keep you guyspost