->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:41 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guy's,
some of the stuff manufactured in India.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Owen,

You'll be surprised to see that so much terminal gear for carp and coarse fishing is made in India. You know about the mono :lol:

I even found some guy in Punjab making trolling heads for tuna and marlin :shock:

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Yeah MM, i have a good contact for Carp gear now in case anyone needs anything. All at very reasonable prices, but i can't keep troubling him with piece meal orders.

By the way does anyone have any contacts for good landing nets ?
The old stick type is available in Kolkata, but is a little primative, i am looking for something more modern. A good landing net would make life so much easier on the WASI lakes for both the fish and angler. :wink:
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes Owen,we certainly need landing nets at the Wasi lake and Forbes Sagar. Can something be fabricated locally?? How much would it cost??

Sandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

I think Riaz is planning to have a landing net made for the cottage. He will probably post more details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:46 pm 
Fishaholic

I fabricated 2 landing nets one with a steel frame other with cane got some idea from owens landing mat
he has a collapsible one mine are fixed ones tomorrow will post some pic it cost me about 600 plus
regards
riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 am 
Fishaholic

Mighty Marlin wrote:
Owen,

You'll be surprised to see that so much terminal gear for carp and coarse fishing is made in India. You know about the mono :lol:

I even found some guy in Punjab making trolling heads for tuna and marlin :shock:

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Hi MM,

This is interesting, what material resin? And what size heads does he make, I would be interested in buying some.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby,

It was one of those midnight wanders on the net through an Indian Business portal for exporters. One of those sites one never manages to find when looking for it. Obscure site, but interesting selection of trolling heads. Found some of the same heads made in brass and aluminium as well. Long time ago....

I've got a couple of moulds for resin heads lying somewhere in Darran's place. We made a whole lot of heads with lead inserts to vary depths and actions complete with eyes etc.... Made about a dozen of them and only ever trolled a couple. Had decent results though..... wahoo and spanish mackerel.

Hope all's well and have you been wetting your hook? :wink:

Regards,

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Regretfully I do not get a chance to fish like I used to in the Past. However I should be in India next month 22nd for a couple of weeks. What is the Andamans like end July.

I know that is a good time in Thailand for bills..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby,

It's best avoided.... I'll be in Bangalore then. Let me know if you're planning on coming down south?

Regards,

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:24 am 
Fishaholic

Banglore is unlikely, wife is now throwing a spanner in the works and wants to vist my sis in Dubai for 3 days, nephews 1st birthday. This means I will have to take a break in my trip to India which may screw up any serious fishing plans I might have. Trying to avoid going to Dubai :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Back to landing nets guys!!!

Owen,there is no landing net at the WASI Cottage..... the guy who owned it took it away. The guards have been asked to fabricate one locally....we were to see one before we left.... but we did not see it despite having spent 4 nights at the cottage.

We used the landing mat / weighing bag that you had given to weigh the fish our group landed and I experienced the following:
- No drain holes to drain the water.
- The bag absorbs water so it was not possible for us to determine the accurate weight of the fish.

Arun, a WASI member who is not on this forum....yet, has decided to work on this project of getting one fabricated.

I can bridge the "digital divide" by communicating info.on this thread to Arun over the phone!!

Sandeep