->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:00 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: taskle prices in dubai
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

guyz how are the tackle prices in dubai???
and do ya get swedish made abu in dubai???
shall it be wiser if i buy from dubai itself rather than buying online/US/UK???

regards
saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Contact Keyur.

He's in Dubai and says that the rig is lousy there.

Tackle shops in some place called Deira

Jude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:09 pm 
Fishaholic

I remember a place called Sun and Sands on the Jumeria Beach road a little ahead of the Jumeira Mosque.
there is one on the opposite side too
they are on the main road,
Sun n Sand has shifted to a complex there.

Lenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

Tackle prices for quality tackle in Dubai are high. The US and Singapore are the best bet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:32 am 
Fishaholic

thanks bops :-)

regards
saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:09 am 
Fishaholic

Try Al Sayed &company its opp Carre Four,got a good selection of outdoor gear including Air guns,Knives.....Fishing tackle,also try the shops next to the gold souk..........Abu havent see it anywhere in the gulf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 am 
Fishaholic

Contrary to what Bops has said, I have found tackle prices in Dubai very good, better than Singapore (Now) and US..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:53 pm 
Fishaholic

HI Bobby,

tackle prices are decent here. It just depends on what you want. Right now some dealers are offerning 25% discount on tackle. they are dealers for Penn here in the UAE. Anyone interested, PM me & I'll mail you the link of the shop.

The reels available here are chinese made & cheaper than those available in the USA. I usually order my abu, penn reels from the USA & although the reels from the USA are now (practically all) Chinese, the quality somehow seems to be better.

Rapalas, yo-zuri & kastmasters are easily available here & reasonably priced.

I buy my lures in lots from Australia, singapore or HK. Shipping is expensive but works out cheaper in lots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:40 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Keyur,

I found Lure prices in Hong Kong and Singapore are the same and have gone up considerable recently. Chinese Lures are cheap but dont always work.

I have bought Rapalas and Storm lures in Dubai and they are cheaper than Hong Kong and Singapore. I have even bought Yo-Zuri in the past from Dubai that were Cheaper than here.

Normally Singapore used to be the cheapest for tackle and I used to get mine from Singapore I have bought Big Game tackle Fin-Nor and Penn International II reels/rods from Singapore that were 30% lesser than USA. In that respect I do not think that Dubai is cheaper than Singapore. The Last 130lb 2 speed Penn International Reel I bought in Hong Kong and was comparing prices in Dubai, Dubai was only marginally cheaper than Hong Kong. For some stupid reason I did not check Singapore. My Everol Big Game reels I got from USA directly. I have also bought Big Game Rods from New Zealand, really good stuff.

However for spinning reels, terminal tackle etc I would get my stuff from Dubai if I am going there.

All Penn spinning reels are now made in China even if you get them from the US. The last time I was in Singapore they still had some SS spinning reels made in the US available.

I have stopped buying Penn spinning tackle and gone back to Daiwa Japanese or if I am looking to save Thai made. The quality is comparable. I do not buy Chinese made reels they still fall appart at the wrong time.

Another thing to note with the rods guys is the guides, please check what guides are on the rods you buy there are a lot of chinese guides on rods now, even some mid range rods of well known brands. The metal on these guides crack easly and the inner rings fall off.