->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:33 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: GREAT STUFF !!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bops .. Congrats on launching this site. Am sure this is just the beginning of a wonderful way where we can share our views and experiences... ALL THE BEST !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Gavin,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you here more often.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject: Gavin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Mothers hold on to your daughters! :lol:
It's the man himself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Owen for helping me out with the pic.. :P

Now guys, no hijacking this bloke's thread !!! He be a good guy..
:wink:
Freddie - ?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Gav ... u gotta Freddie fixation .... hey guys dont drop the soap when Gavs around ... the Sunfeast Fest is over .... Unmarried Huh Gav ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

No mate. No freddie fixation, just that u wanted to see my pic soooooooo much so decided to get the same on IAF..

Regarding the married part :arrow: am smiling, aint' I ??? You guys figure it out... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Owen - Guess you wont have a problem recognising me now... So the plans still on ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke ... Honestly thought you were one of those fair hippies ... am I surprised ... u sure this the right pic or are you still trying to throw us off .... anyways was great talking to you the other night with Owen ... face to a name right now ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey dude, that's me alright... Things were getting pretty scary with the cement and stuff and so needed to post my pic urgently or else.... (with your minds, you never know) ... :twisted: :twisted:

Also needed Owen to recognise me in case the bugger takes someone else fishing instead of me :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Yeah Gav the trip is still on mate.
Get your sh.. together!
I am back in Bangalore.
Picked up a beautiful Rapala rod from Mumbai, paid a bomb for it, but it is worth it.
10ft 6" Heavy action/Line 17 to 30 lbs/ Titanum guides (10+tiptop), ideal for a multiplier. Can't wait to hit the water for a day or 2 in Nov to try it out.
Hey Fred you must be waiting to get those wheels rolling to Vijay Durg mate. Suppose you will get a chance to meet Bobbybefore you leave due to your delayed departure. Tell him to forget his plans and do the Vijay Durg beat with you. From what i saw of the pix, you guy's would be having a hell of a time together.
Tight Lines and don't forget those pix of the fishy in the bowl.
Don't want to spill the beans about that one just yet.
Tight Lines
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Owen ... wish you could have stayed the night ,, im sorry if I was looking pooped bcoz ...i was .. Hope you have fun with the rod . Bobs landing 30th Night and by the time he loads his reels .... god knows what else .. ill be eating fresh fish with Garlic and pepper .. and chugging sum mugs .. Ill email you my fishys .... please load them on the site as ... I hate photbucket and just cant seem to get it rite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys,

The weather is seriously bad down karwar - Goa, no boats leaving. I have no choise but to postpone the trip. Now looking at November full-moon.

Things really suck, got screwd with the rod in Sing, I was so busy, that I paid for a 130lb class IGFArod and a 50lb trolling reel both Penn International II, paidand left the shop asked them to pack up for me, said I would pick up later on my way back.

Opened the box with the Rod in when i got home in Hong Kong, its a 80lb class IGFA rod, and I already have two of those very same same ones.

I can return it back to on my next trip to Sing Oct end, but if anyone is interested on the forum I will sell it for Rs. 18,000 and bring it down to bombay when I am down for my trip. payment can be made then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
Hey Owen ... wish you could have stayed the night ,, im sorry if I was looking pooped bcoz ...i was .. Hope you have fun with the rod . Bobs landing 30th Night and by the time he loads his reels .... god knows what else .. ill be eating fresh fish with Garlic and pepper .. and chugging sum mugs .. Ill email you my fishys .... please load them on the site as ... I hate photbucket and just cant seem to get it rite

Do that mate, you have my card, but i suggest you mail me at owen_bosen@yahoo.com as it can take large attachments.
Now you do justice to those fish will ya!
Don't worry mate, my fault for being so late.
Take care and don't yank Bobby's chain too hard. Looks like he's been had in Sing!
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:58 pm 
Fishaholic

[smilie=holyshit.gif]

Freddie - Now you after Bobby's chain ???????? :shock: :shock:

Bobby - Beware the Fred-man :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby ... always check the pole before you pack it ... better still pack it yourself ... else the person packing it usually packs the wrong pole that had to be packed and youre left with something that you should have packed but didnt pack yourself ...... did i confuse the shit outta you ....

Moral ... keep your pole at home and dont go buying poles that you dont pack ....

Like the macdonnels ad says """ Im lovin it :""

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Yeah! i nearly got poled in Mumbai!
Fortunately i opened the packing to see that it was the right rod, even though i was advised not to, because i would spoil the packing.
Turned out to be the wrong rod, and had to be taken back and exchanged.
"Saaaaaaaaaary Saaaaaaaaar" "Damn fool idiot boy doing mistake", was all my poor friend Bobby got when he went back to the shop in Mumbai to exchange it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby - Moral of the story : Freddie's worried about your pole [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:35 am 
Fishaholic

Well I can return the rod the next trip, have bought loads of equipment from these guys and I am not talking about just swivels and hooks.

I spoke to them yesterday the said that that is thr Rod I pointed to, could be an honest mistake, could be my mistake or could be they are screwing me.

I am back in Singapore on the 25th, I can check it and change it then. I also picked up a 50lb 2 speed wide Penn International reel, the reel is fine. 25th I will pick up another game reel, there is this new brand that looks interesting, I will have a bit of an experiment with that one.

Just checked my bill, the rod is not 17000 but a little more than 18000 if the exchange rate to the Singapore $ is 29 : 1..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:35 am 
Fishaholic

Focus Bobby ... im off tomorrow for 6 days of fishing around Vjdurg, Devgarh, and Vengurla .. In in Durg till 5th so if you change youre mind and decide to fish with your pole instead of picking the wrong one give me a call ... also let me know ure dates in Nov .. Ill try and coordiante mine so that we can do a run together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 am 
Fishaholic

[smilie=whistle.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:42 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Fred, I have postponed the trip and need to fix the date again.

Pretty focused on what I want to do. These places are all great, but I wont get what I want.

I will definately fish these spots when I am there for Barra etc, put I got to get my priorities right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Fred you get my yahoo mail id mate ? Then where are the pix?
Gavin called as you sms'd me yesterday evening, and his mouth is as big as his pen (so is mine for that matter), so i got a bit tied down, and probably had you waiting for the PM till the cows came home.
Sorry dude!
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey don't blame me for your mishaps... :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Gav with you around .... things happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:22 am 
Fishaholic

I know and am bloody proud of it !!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Gravy boy im back look out for the story on trip planner in a couple of days .. fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:14 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Fred,

How was the weather where you were fishing? Reckon safe for a boat to go out 20 - 40 NM out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Weather was shitty it rained for 3 days continously water was heavy and huge swells . cut my trip by 2 days and got back bcoz even though the skies cleared up the water was rough .. all boats stayed in