->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: A Big Hello To Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:28 pm 

Hi, great to see that a forum like this is there so we anglers can share our views and fishing experience, i have been fishing in Mumbai, since the past 20yrs strictly lure fishing only "NO LIVE or DEAD BAIT" would also like to get in touch with other anglers from Mumbai, who believe in Lure Fishing only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey KingFisher,

Welcome on board. Its good to see you do most of your fishing with lure. Lure fishing is catching on in a big way and is more interesting/active way of catching fish.
Is most of your fishing done with plugs? Or are you experimenting with the new soft lures (squidgies). I'm assuming you're doing a lot of your fishing in estuaries.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject: hey M.M
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:08 pm 

Hi M.M, i have been using the new soft lure made by storm and Yo-Zuri, the action is just amazing and realistic, just that toothy fish like snappers shred the lures very fast, but also the downside to these softlures is that they sink so it does become a bother sometimes in rocky terrain, i fish around the coast of south Mumbai, Bandra also go deep sea fishing around the coast of Maharashtra, the sea shore is just bang opposite my house so i literally fish every second day early morning,evening or night depending upon the tide but just get small game there fishing with the help of small 2" lures, hows the fishing scene in your place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi KingFisher,

Welcome to the forum. You're lucky to live so close to your fishing grounds. I do a lot of lure fishing specifically with plugs and went on a sea fishing trip to madras last weekend. We had a great time, the update is there in the "Boat Fishing" section. Do you have any Barramundi action where you live? Am planning on a trip to Karwar soon.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi KingFisher,

Lived the vast majority of my years in Bandra (Bandstand) but only took up fishing a year back. :roll:

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Rustam

P.S.: Where do you get your lures from? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Perhaps you can help us all King Fisher :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:27 pm 

Hi the Barramundi action is just great in Mumbai, the pic in my profile is infact of a Big Barra exactly 13.7 kgs in weight i caught, off the Mumbai shore, i caught it with a Penn 450ssg, and using 12lbs stren magnaflex monofilament, the rod was a 9ft shakspeare, and the lure was a storm chug bug the barra's our here are just suckers for poppers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi KF,

Thanks for the Barra update. Could you post some of your catches in the Image Gallery section of our site. It would be nice to see some Indian sea fishing info too. Are lures like the Rapala magnum etc. available in Bombay?

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:32 pm 

Hi Rustam, i get all my lures from the U.S from Cabelas or TackleDirect, i keep track of friends going to the U.S order the lures online and get it delivered to their house in the U.S, this way you save on frieght and customs and also get the best deals possible like the ones from cabelas they always have something going cheap in their bargain cave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hey guys I think now is a good time to try the live chat feature on the site. Click on the live chat button and enter the chat room with any Nick name. I'll be waiting :-)

The live chat requires java so if it doesn't work then you will have to download and install it. The link is given below. If you are prompted with a message that the software has not passed windows testing choose "Continue Installation"till the installation completes.

http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/msjavx86.exe

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:01 pm 
Fishaholic

KingFisher wrote:
Hi Rustam, i get all my lures from the U.S from Cabelas or TackleDirect......

Damn, no different from what most of us are doing then. I was hoping you'd say there was a shop in Bombay... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: hey M.M
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:07 pm 
Fishaholic

KingFisher wrote:
Hi M.M, i have been using the new soft lure made by storm and Yo-Zuri, the action is just amazing and realistic, just that toothy fish like snappers shred the lures very fast, but also the downside to these softlures is that they sink so it does become a bother sometimes in rocky terrain, i fish around the coast of south Mumbai, Bandra also go deep sea fishing around the coast of Maharashtra, the sea shore is just bang opposite my house so i literally fish every second day early morning,evening or night depending upon the tide but just get small game there fishing with the help of small 2" lures, hows the fishing scene in your place.

Hi KingFisher,
I've used the storm soft baits as well. The drawback with soft baits is that they are one cast wonders!! Very often fish bit off the tail portion of the lures without getting hooked, but they never failed to get strikes.
I've just got a new bunch of them (Squidgies, Berkley Gulp and Bass Assasins) and am hoping I'll be able to use them soon.
You're lucky you live literally on the beach and you like to fish. One couldn't have it better!
Most of the fishing here is freshwater for murral and mahseer, also do a bit of saltwater whenever I get the chance. Right now its off season with the rains, so can't wait to get out again.

Tight lines,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Kingfisher,

Nice handle, Welcome to the board m8

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:32 am 

Rustam Bana wrote:
KingFisher wrote:
Hi Rustam, i get all my lures from the U.S from Cabelas or TackleDirect......

Damn, no different from what most of us are doing then. I was hoping you'd say there was a shop in Bombay... :mrgreen:

Hi Rustam, there are shops in bombay where you could get all the lures you want Rapala,Yo-Zuri,Storm,Halco etc etc even good rods are available i do buy from there but only if its a good deal otherwise evrything is way too costly compared to the U.S, if you still want to have a look with price not being a problem then the Tackle Shops are located at Katha Bazaar, near Crawford Market, the shops you should go to are Horizon, Hyderi and A-1 international, and if its Terminal Tackle you looking for, then there are plently of shops in Katha Bazaar giving good deals on hooks,swivels, line etc etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:30 pm 

Welcome aboard Kingfisher,
Post away-I have a lot to learn :D
Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks, Kingfisher.

Rustam