[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Hello everybody...A frenchy on the forum - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:07 pm 

Hello guys,

My name is Fabien and i'm french. Mostly, I pratice carp fishing since 6 years in France which is a very good location for big carp... I have moved 3 years in canada where I have been fishing guide for carp, bass, pike...It was an incredible experience for me. Then I decided to move one month in India : first because I want to visit your beautiful country and secondly to fish! I will arrived on January, 10th in Delhi. I will start by visiting the Rajasthan (probably agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur) and Uttar Pradesh (from delhi to Varanassi) and maybe go to Kolkata. I visited the forum and see that there is a lot of nice fish in India.

So first I wanted to know If I need a fishing licence, and if yes in which places can I find it? Then what kind of fish can I find in my differents destinations? Is January a good time to fish in India? I principally wanted to find snakehead, carp, mahseer and rohu. do you think it's possible in Rajasthan and Uttar predesh? Do you have some advise to help me ?(lure, places). In this destination do you know some fishing guide for a one day trip? Thanks a lot for all the informations you will give me...Maybe I will have the pleasure to see each of you on the bank... Thight lines!

Here are some species that I usually fish in France...

Mirror Carp

Baeri Sturgeon

Bass...it's an incredible fighter!

Bowfin fish

This is a link for one of my video...hope you will appreciate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqLFgs7bafI

Last edited by Fabien76 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 pm 

Warm Welcome

U can visit my post on murrel fishing in rajasthan

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=5090

and regarding mahseer u have to wait till monsoon in rajasthan after that u can have them in backwaters ghandisagar,rana pratapsagar dams in rajasthan near my town

regards,

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 pm 

Thanks a lot BobjiSHAMBHU,
your post seems to be very complete and well made!! I'm hurry to read it! for sure it will give me nice informations ;-)

Last edited by Fabien76 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: see your inbox
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 pm 

ty ty i have msg you my mail id , i will tell you what to bring :))

see my post again i have updated my pictures too in murrel post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:59 pm 

ouahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! so nice pictures! and what a spot! it's just incredible for me, juste a dream...the landscape is awesome! congrats

Post subject: solution tilll now
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:49 am 

hi good morninig i have another plan for you there are two places in rajasthan which are inside cities that means you can stay in hostel or any thing and still you can fish too.

one is udaipur(city of lakes) - we have people form udaipur on this forum i will find so that you can ask them. now i got its user named bunnyr10, message him i hope he will accompany you.

second is jodhpur kaylana lake - here i have to find out whether they will allow you or not.

both of these place will not hinder your main goal of seeing India in low budget.

but i cannot come to these place to assist you , so we have to find out people on this forum only. i think udaipur pichola lake will not be a problem and there a many big snake head there also.

well legally we need a license/permit from department of fisheries ,but we indians never did that. its a cheap license of rs. 35(some year back) less than a pound so nobody ask for that. with those type of license necessary in himchal pradesh for mahsheer.

i will read rajasthan fisheries act and will tell you from where you can get if it is easy , also will assist you.

regards,

here i find the rules , now the fee is lil increased, no differentiation on citizenship so its same for all .

Rajasthan Fisheries Rules, 1958
Issue of licence :- Licenses under the Act shall granted by the Fishery
Officer in one of the forms annexed to these rules.

Fees :-Fees for licence under the Act shall be as follows:-
(1)Seasonal Fishery Licence (Form No. 1) 4(xxx)
(2)Angling licence (form No. 2 Rod and line and Head line).:-
(a) For a year Rs. 300/-

Condition of the Licence:
(1) A licensee shall be entitled to fishing personally or by his agent or
nominee and shall be provided with written permits ( Form no.4) by the
Fisheries Officer.
below rule says that once can take permit for you even before you come to india also from the local fisheris office
(2) The Fishery officer may from time to time as the need be supply to
the licensee a sufficient no. of blank permits (From No. 4) fully assigned by him or any officer empowered by him in this behalf.
(b) For a period of one month Rs. 50/-
(c) For one day Rs. 10/-

FORM NO. 2
1. Distcit.............
2. Period for which issued.............
3. Date of payment of fee.............
4. Fees paid Rs..........
5. Name and address of the licensee..........
Permission is hereby granted to the licensee to fish in the water specified
below from the date of issue of this licence subject to the conditions laid down
under [the Rajasthan Fisheries Rules, 1958]
Water.............................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................
Conditions under which the licence is issued:-
1. Licensee may fish with:-
(a) Rod and line, hand line and long line only and can use not more than
two rods or two lines or one rod and one line at a time. The line
should not contain more than 10 hooks.
2. The licensee shall not employee or engage any person [other than his own childern under the age of 16 to help him with his rods unless the person so employed is also licence holder.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA. A fabulous mirror carp and an awesome sturgeon.... I could direct you to some friends in the south or if you were planning to visit Gujrat. For Rajisthan you have gotten some good information from BobjiShambu. Wishing you many tightlines on your visit to India. May the gods bestow upon you have a good fishy experience.

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm 

Ill be more than happy to take u fishing in udaipur.............Fatah sagar,pichola lake,swaroop sagar all re good places for nice murrels.............Badi lake offers some good mahseer action too.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Fabien,

Welcome to the IA and India.Apologies for getting to this thread a bit late.. Do give me a buzz when u are in Kolkata and we'll meet up to wet a line.. Lot of good carp fishing here...

Will PM you my number so u can contact me when here...

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:08 am 

hi Gavin ridge cooke. i just arrived in kolkatat today..trying to find some places to fish...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Fabien, Welcome. I am thrilled by your pics. I have never seen such type of fishes.The clarity of the pics also tremendous. I stay just 465KM away from kolkata. If you wish to come to my place the state of Odisha then you are most welcome :D .

TL,

Pradeep.