[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Hi Anglers from Pune ! - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:12 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

Post subject: Hi Anglers from Pune !
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi there Fellow anglers ! and punekars !
I am new to this forum but heard a lot about it. I have been living here in pune from the past 6 years. Had a hobby of fishing in ponds in my village during my childhood. Fish and water bodies were the two things that fascinated me. I am also a aquarium hobbyist. Anybody from Pune ?
:-) [/list][/code][/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello Raka...

Welcome to the Forum. There are lots of pune anglers here, me being one. :)
Even I was into the aquarium hobby before, not very active now.

Regards,
Humaid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:19 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Tathagata ! cheers !

hey humaid, when is the Pune anglers meet ? just keep me in the loop !

nice to see you too Sharky atul !

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:00 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:04 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:40 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:05 pm 
Fishaholic

After Diwali would be great. So, where do we plan to meet and date?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 pm 
Fishaholic

all the new and not so new guys in pune who want to meet for some holistic, educative and constructive discussion on angling which will cover the following topics..
1. what kind of tackle one needs.
2. how to use it correctly. (knots will also be covered)
3. what are the different species i can target- techniques , tackle etc.
4. how to recce a location and how to read the water and underwater structure.
5.how to be discreet in angling and fish responsibly.
6. how to correctly handle fish.
7. how to correctly photograph fish.
8. how to revive and release fish that are meant to be released.

the above topics will be covered for freshwater conditions.

gents discuss among your selves if y'all want this. and let me know a date .. pref weekend evening after 6.pm. at a place that would be conducive for are reasonable crowd and discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:28 pm 
Fishaholic

I'm in. Let's co ordinate this its high time, lets all meet!..... I guess some of us already have some tackle and know some knots and basic rigs, still don't mind learning more, points 3 and 4 are something really, the 5 is also quite a task, 6 there is all the room to go wrong, 7 this will be cool, 8 seriously needs some awareness around our country. The place and the people are the question, lets co ordinate this guys, lets participate and find a place we all can gather.

Regards,

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:35 pm 
Fishaholic

class will be on only if attendance is 10 persons or more on the set day and time.. also please carry some line... a few hooks, barrel weights, swivels,and some small plastic beads with a hole for threading thru.

i will bring some lures for freshwater..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Awesome !
I am ok with anytime, place preferably main city because it'll be same distance to almost everybody. I live in wanowarie, so places like mg road swargate will be closer to me... but what about the venue ? will a park be okay for that ?
And counting me and you guys, there are 4 from pune, what about the rest ?

Hi hamour,
I dont have everything in my fishing tackle. dont have proper lead weights, no floaters or sinkers, have one lure, a rod and a spinning reel with the line, and some common hooks, I'll bring these... ok ? and is it alright if I bring one friend of mine or is it only IA members ?
and Plastic beads ?

Hi omesh,
Pretty enthusiastic about it ! thats the fishing spirit ! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 am 
Fishaholic

dont bring the rod .. dont worry about proper tackle or get a bit of line and few hooks..

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 am 
Enlightened

i am in .....let me know the time and place,,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:04 am 
Fishaholic

I can vouch for 3 people from pune. We 3 will come for sure.

1. Me (Humaid)
2. Salman
3. Sandy (Sandeep P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 am 
Fishaholic

Would an out door location not be better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 pm 
Fishaholic

so we have omesh, raka, + friend, humaid, salman, sandy, nirupam. thats 7 .. three short for a class of ten. wait till we hit the number. yes an outdoor location would be good, not necessarily an angling location, a local park , a school ground... i recomend St. vincents ground infact..2nd option i suggest is racecourse... again 4:30 or 5pm. if the location is good for y'all and i believe it is coz of the space, and no crowd .. noise etc.. then lets agree and among yourselves decide a date .. let the time remain the same please .. let the date be on a weekend.. sat or sun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:43 pm 
Fishaholic

perfect...
near the race course would be okay by me... and also there are many parks and school grounds near that area so wont be a problem...
please make it in the 1st weekend of november as I'll be out of pune for diwali celebrations...

Hey hamour,
I'll just bring the spinning reel then. how much ever is needed will cut it from that. and will bring all the hooks I have... should I bring the lure too ?

and guys please just 3 more people needed... Lets Do it !!! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:01 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:47 pm 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:14 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:01 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 pm 
Fishaholic

same here! has pm been blocked for everyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:13 pm 
Fishaholic

no no what I meant was have you guys sent any pm's to other people inviting them for the meet ? I have already sent a few pm's to the new anglers from pune who joined and werent discussing in this post.

Hi Omesh,
You coming for the meet ?

Hi hamour,

where is it exactly is it near the race course's main gate ? and just exchange numbers with people so that we can coordinate accordingly
thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:41 pm 
Fishaholic

people.. it is gonna be at racecourse. not near ..just at.. so get yourselves to the gate that people come through when the come for walks of for jogging and exercise.. the one at the back.. we will all meet at the gate and proceed inside to the inner ground, when everyone is together..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:45 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:04 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:53 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 am 
Fishaholic

Last edited by hamour on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:45 pm 
Enlightened

OK. I agree, race course it is then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm 
Fishaholic

is 5th good for all.. or 6th.. ?

please adive and confirm latest by this thursday....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm 
Fishaholic