->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hello from Bangalore
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:46 am 

Hello All,

It has been a while since I registered in this wonderful forum...Thought will write my introduction.

I live and work in Bangalore although hailing from Coimbatore...I am a very avid aquarist and love all things fish... turned pure fishitarian and keeping fish is my hobby ..and currently keep about 25 aquariums in my fish room...

Primary interest revolve around keeping and breeding Indian fishes and currently 90% of all my tanks hold indian fishes... Some of the fishes in the fishroom currently include the Channa barca, Channa Sp 'true blue' , Various catfishes and rare fishes from the length and breadth of India..Thanks to some of my friends in the hobby.

I love angling and try to dip in a line whenever I get a chance during my trips...I have had a little luck with a few catfishes, murrels, eels, Snappers and perches in the past...

Never realized there is so much science to this hobby until I joined this forum. Have been reading up and have to say it is wonderful to have such a forum for the Indian Angler.

Looking forward to some good Angling experience to share with you all...Cheers and tight lines :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Vyas, for a rookie like me, its amazing to hear you have room full of aquariums and fishes !! Hope I will get to see your fish room sometime :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Good to have you on board.

Welcome.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:59 pm 

Thanks Kryptoz & Ali :)

@Kryptoz: You are welcome anytime. I have Pm'd you my contact details..

Regards
Vyas T K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA!,

I'm a newbie myself! its a pretty warm place! unless someone tries picking on you! Which in most cases doesn't happen.

The reason I'm really replying is cause your in bangalore! I was born and raised there! Nice place! the cauvery is not too far! and its one of the only places to find and catch mahseer!

Have fun! I'm sure you will.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:27 pm 

Hi Omesh,

Found this Forum and the people quite Interesting..Am part of quite a few forums and quite familiar with what you refer to...:)

Have only fished once in Bangalore at the Vemgal Lake...wasnt too lucky that day.

Have fished the Cauvery ...Not with a line but with nets at various locations and couldn't agree more with what the mighty river offers..

Am off for a couple of days fishing and Angling towards Karwar/ Mangalore during the easter weekend and hope I get lucky :)

P.s: Hope to catch up with you next time I am in Pune...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Definitely Vyastk,

For sure! Even if you don't get lucky, I'm sure you will enjoy the festivities and the travel to and fro!

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA