->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hello from Pune.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello Everyone,

Nice to see a forum that connects like minds, esp the ones who like to spend time fishing, catching em, eating em, waiting for them etc.

I'm Omesh and I'm from Pune, Reason I've joined is to meet people with similar interests, I recently bought a fishing rod and reel combo, went fishing for 3 weekends, but no luck unfortunately, no catch!!!!, I'm guessing I'll meet people here who'll help me change this, learn how to use my rod more effectively and hopefully suggest me some spots I actually catch some fish.

Regards,
Omesh
xxxxxxx Please do not post your personal contacts here, it is for your own safety.

angler_ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 pm 
Fishaholic

welcome. to the land of no return.... where family friends and work become a distant haze... where life revolves around moon phases... where fish and all things piscatorial become more potent an addiction than anything else... where money flows like water for tackle.. enter at your own risk .. enter into the madness....

welcome.. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 pm 
Fishaholic

welcome aboard mate :-)

cheers
Manish

Post subject: Re: Hello from Pune.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Nice to see a forum that connects like minds, esp the ones who like to spend time fishing, catching em, eating em, waiting for them etc.

Hi Omesh,

Welcome to the forum. :P

Eating them is not the part of this game and this forum encourages catch and release, still I am sure you will find many like minded fellow on this forum. :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject: Thanks for the replies.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 pm 
Fishaholic

welcome. to the land of no return.... where family friends and work become a distant haze... where life revolves around moon phases... where fish and all things piscatorial become more potent an addiction than anything else... where money flows like water for tackle.. enter at your own risk .. enter into the madness....
@hamour, thanks for the welcome, I'm not looking at returning, I'm looking at learning and catching, It'd be very nice if you could pm me and probably catch up on a weekend for some small lake or running river/stream fishing, guessing there is a lot to learn from you, and hoping I get a catch this time around.

Thanks Manish and Anglerali for the welcome and for keeping the me safe by deleting my number.

I'm looking to meet some folk from pune who have caught fish here before. Any kind of leads on the same would be great.

Eating them I agree is not part of the game, but I am looking for the like minded fellows who wouldn't mind divulging from fishing to some cooking and some barbecuing, so hoping to find them or better if they found me.

Best Regards,

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:

welcome.. 8)

Hi Steve am I drunk or are you drunk?. hic......hic......

Omesh, welcome to the forum. Enjoy yourself here. I tell you.......it is a fantastic place to be.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 am 
Hey welcome to the party..... stay hooked man. fishing / angling call it what u like.. once hooked ur always gonna stay hooked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the forum and happy fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 am 
Fishaholic

Hi ravinp ... no man .. am as sober as a judge.... dont drink .. am a teetotaler... just waxing truthfully eloquent, about the depths of getting hooked to angling..

btw... have some friends here in pune , from chennai ..and they have invited me to come stay at their place when im down there ... so was hoping that if im ever down there , we could meet... and maybe wet a line..

if it ok with you .. pm me your number .. i could call sometime..

CIAO. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:56 pm 

brother i m sandy from the same town .. bt the way what all places did u try .. pm me ur no . we may meet up for some good fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Steve,

You have a PM.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:20 am 
Fishaholic

Hi,

Welcome to the Punheri Machimar Chapter of the Indian Angler. We have lots of expwerienced anglers who will guide you in your piscatorial quest.

Regards
Cavalier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:20 am 
Fishaholic

Hi,

Welcome to the Punheri Machimar Chapter of the Indian Angler. We have lots of expwerienced anglers who will guide you in your piscatorial quest.

Regards
Cavalier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 am 
Fishaholic

welcome to forum amigo :D

Post subject: PM"S PLEASE
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi,
A new member (like myself)... Adityap and me are planning fishing this Sunday at a quary, I know not the best place to go but apparently there are fish that might bite!. Kindly PM me your numbers. Hopefully we catch up. I will call.... rest assured.

I request at least one person who has been fishing and has caught some ( since my last 3 attempts have bee more of sunburn than catching a fish.) Please do respond and send me a pm with you number, we'd be highly obliged and gratified if you do come as very frankly, we got the equipment and the common sense to make it work, don't know if the common sense is nonsense...... We'll this is becoming an essay, so...... In short, someone experienced, kindly do take time out to join us, we can learn from you and from what I've been told, there is more than just a possibility to get a bite.

Regards!

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Omesh And all new comers to this forum

In case you come to Mumbai, inform me and I would love to take you fishing in Powai. Better still, lets decide a date and do a get together of all new forum members from Mumbai and Pune. Can accommodate 10 persons on my machan.

Would love to meet you all and discuss angling. Treat this as an invitation.

I have seen the photographs of the Quarry and I sure, you will be able to hook something there if you use floating bait like bread flake or earthworm just below the surface. Use small "J" hooks in case you do not have circular hooks.

Best of luck and tight lines.

Regards,

Ali.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:16 am 
Fishaholic

I'm really touched!! thanks buddy we'll catch up real soon godwilling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh
a very warm welcome to the forum :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Sanjay (got some info you got some nice tackle), Rajat(you post some of the best pics ever), Cavalier(Thank you sir for getting in touch and offering guidance and suport), Hamour( we from pune man lets catch up soon), Abhishai (some nice pics there, many people were born with silver or golden spoons, youre lucky you were given a nice rod!), manish and ravinp (seen some of the fishes you've landed! theyre awesome), last but not the least AglerALi(Thank you, will see you on your machan real soon) and everyone else here for the welcome, I'm liking this place more and more as everyday passes by, the best part i havent met most of you yet. Its just the beginning!!! We shall all catch up sooner or later for some fishing and cooking! but first i need to get a catch!, hoping it happens with one of you soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:20 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Omesh,

Welcome to IA. See you soon at powai.

Santosh