->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:47 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: New kid on the block
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:07 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Guys....

I'm a regular visitor to indianangler.com for some time now, and got registered as a member today. Cool place to hang out 8) ..Great work guys… :D

I'm a fishing enthusiast (obviously!!!! :P ), and used to do my fishing in the desi style back there in Kerala. I got introduced to the reel and rod fishing by one of my friend (read Derek, from whom I heard about this forum first) in Bangalore.

Now I would like to purchase one starter fishing kit, and found one in ebay.in, and later the same stuff in the website http://www.stikage.com/ (I got this website from the forum), under fishing rod. What you guys think about this kit? Is it ok for a starter’s kit? Any idea about the website people, like do they sell good stuff?
Ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.in/FISHING-COMBO-SET_W0 ... dZViewItem

Looking forward to your support and guidance

Cheers
Sreekanth Soman

Last edited by Sreekanth on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

[smilie=holyshit.gif]

ONE MORE BANGER !!!!!

But atleast this one is an "Angler".. :lol: :lol:

Hey dude - welcome aboard. Hope Derek has warned you about this forum.. Mighty addictive and one helluva a Nuthouse.. But you will get some good advice and suggestions amidst all the hijacking that goes on here..

Tight lines mate !! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:44 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Sreekanth,

I took a peek at the combo, and here are my thoughts.
A lot depends on what you want to fish for. A one size fits all rarely works in fishing. Moreover a telescopic rod, though convenient can be a highly unreliable fishing tool. The good ones will cost a bit more.

The reel too at the given price could probably be loaded with plastic gears instead of metal gears and plastic bushes instead of bearings. The line sinkers and other stuff don't mean a thing, as they can be bought even in India.

If you can afford it, it would be much better to go in for a 2 peice rod, and a decent matching reel. If you want any more help, pm me.
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:07 pm 
Enlightened

Yessss Gavin...one more from Bangalore....
Bangalore is surely the angling capital of India... :lol:
Thanks Mate...

Owen.. thanks a lot for your suggestion. May be I can afford a better rod and reel some time later. You know the problem of finding a nice piece in Bangalore (even if this is the angling capital) :P .... I found one bamboo rod with reel in some sports shop here, but was looking more like a fly fishing rod.….

:!: I have a suggestion, someone suggested this before.., it will be great if you folks can put together some details of a starter fishing kit, rod, reel, all the accessories, with details of an expected cost and where to find them and post it in the forum. Along with some details of rods for fresh water and shore fishing.That will be a real great help for a rookie like me...
Even though I go through lots of fishing theories and articles...I’m really missing some action…. :(

Cheers
Sreekanth Soman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:16 am 
Fishaholic

Will agree on that Super S ... Bangalore appears to be the Angling Capital of India.. Dont think you will be short of advice on this forum.. If these buggers dont give you advice, land up at their homes.. That's the best advice I can give you, mate :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Check out Cabelas beginner fishing kits on cabelas .com , like all the advise on the forum based on what you want to catch you need to get that rig ... Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Check out Cabelas beginner fishing kits on cabelas .com , like all the advise on the forum based on what you want to catch you need to get that rig ... Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:05 pm 
Enlightened

Gavin.. I liked that 'Super S'....
Will take your advice and do exactly what u said if no go... :lol:
Thanks a lot mate

Fred... that was indeed a very useful piece of information...just checking the site now...thanks a lot...!! :-)

Cheers
Sreekanth Soman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey dude, MOST WELCOME !!! 8)