->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: hi friends
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:59 pm 

hi there,

i am Rahul, Rahul Thakur from New Bombay,

this romance started when i was barely 5 yr old,.. some bend pins and sewing threads "lured" me into the sport... and i got hooked for life.....

there was always a dearth of material, spools, reels, sinkers, lures, minnows, were all latin greek till a few months back, when i had the occassion to shop to my delight in dubai. Well i got such a big stock of lines and reels, hooks and sinkers ( that i could afford to buy for a few hundred darhams ), i can empty the oceans with them, so i feel the richest man alive....... u should have seen the look on the customs guy, he felt i was opening a shop....
i told him, ( bachpan ke shauk ...aab pure karne ko mile hai)... he nonchalantly let me thru ....

i just love the sport, and as my mom says i must have spend hundred times over on the equipment and the fishing trip than the cost of the fish i got... ( mostly they were unidentifiable, and would qualify as juveniles... well guys wat do u expect from a novice huh.... ) but on all the occassions when i was out fishing, be in a small poodle, a river or at the creek with some fishermen friends........ i was more at home, than in my bedroom... well she will never understand that,and only if she knew the amount of beer consumed on these trips, she would never let me back home...

i will get to learn a lot from u guys over here, fishing techniques and
all the info that an ocean of u have in here due to your vast experiences.. plus there could be a healthy exchange of ideas.

i am still an amateur at the game, because there is only one master, the one above all who created all the species that we are still discovering, so the collective will of all of us shall bring us closer to our passion.. and we could say we have mastered the sport when we start contributing our share to ensure that the game stocks are not depleted forever and our children can talk about the ' BIIIG one that got away '...

lack of good places to fish has taken a toll on the sport, despite having one of the largest coastline in the world and innumerable waterbodies the sport in india is still in infancy at the same time pollution is wreaking havoc with our waterbodies both fresh and saline....

if we are able to thru the members of this group in their individual capacities to exercise some pressure on statutory bodies to do their bit for upkeeping the environment, all the better...

looking forward to long sessions both at the rod and off it....

till then,

i will wait for the tide to turn my way......

love and regards

Rahul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rahul,

Congratulation on a very nice introduction and a warm welcome to this forum.

I am sure, guys like you will surely turn the tide of wanton destruction and the next generation will also enjoy this wonderful sport.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:13 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA buddy....

Can relate to you regarding the Dubai purchase incident. It is like a kid left alone in a candy store.....

Would be going to Goa from 8th to 11th Can join me for fishing......

Cheers,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the forum..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:29 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA...nice to see the enthu in you...:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:22 pm 
Fishaholic

HI Rahul,

welcome to IA.

I'm in Dubai & even now when I visit a tackle shop I'm like a kid in a candy store. I mentally prepare myself only for specific items, to avoid unnecessary purchase of items. However, that doesnt stop me from buying them
:lol:

regards,
Keyur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the forum Rahul,
Where are you located in Navi mumbai ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the Forum, Rahul