[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Need fishing lessons - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:37 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

Post subject: Need fishing lessons
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:46 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Well Mr. Kofi Annan...here's a new twist to the tale...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Dude - You bring the booze and the lessons are for free :twisted: :twisted:

Freddie will get the Jelly Bums.. :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:13 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:24 am 
Fishaholic

Made sure they were not taken out of the water and were all released unharmed.

What is this article and pictures you are talking about Freddy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:57 am 
Fishaholic

You guys have my head in a spin :roll:
Poor Vishal wants some angling tips, and you blokes are leading him down the road to purgatory.
Gavin come Dec, i will skin you alive mate. :lol:
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:56 am 
Fishaholic

:shock: :shock: :shock: them be some peoples who are seriously gunning for my b-hind...

Owen - dont worry about the Skinning alive bit.. Got the threats many times but the "spirits" protect me :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

Bobster - Am good for all... One size fits all, you see :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:03 pm 
Fishaholic

That confirms any doubts I had..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:35 pm 
Fishaholic

:P :P :P

This goes to Vishal - On a serious note, mate.. If you ever need any info on rohu,catla or mrigals, just give me a buzz and will help you out..

On other fish, sorry mate, you can contact the Bangers on that !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:26 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Gavin.. thanks
Which is the best hook bait for Catla. I havent seen anyone catching a catla with a hookbait at the place i fish. we normally use ground bait and a foul hooked techni.

Even for rohu and mrigal, i have people mixing some paste in bread along with some butter this is then put on to the hook.. those guys catch lot of fish with it..but they wont let u know the secret.

Rgds,
vishal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Vishal... Dude you the one whose caught the mammoth catla :lol: :lol: Anyways the hooks i use are pretty big. Dont know the # correctly but in can quite comfortably go around an old Re.1/- coin.. I use big hooks as it keeps the small fish from taking the bait and spoiling the feed..

For rohus, i use small hooks.. Best way to describe the hook is that it can quite comfortably go around an old 25paise coin..

Trust this clarifies... Am sending belli a mail on catla bait.. Do you wnat me to send u too ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:26 pm 
Enlightened

Hey Gavin, Ur right.. i caught that big Catla.. but if u remember... i also mentioned it was foul hooked... infact i have suggested some ground bait to Belli as well.. this will get the catla close to ur hook..but the burger never bites the hook.. hence we foul hook him

Please copy me on the email u'll send belli

Thanks Vishal :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:39 am 
Fishaholic

when catlas eat, they are perpendicular to the ground.. Another style of their eating habits is that, they dont grab the bait and take off, like other fish. Instead they suck at the bait and keep spitting it out.. This is why that during the sucking (no wise comments please :evil: ), the come across the poke of the hook and then take off.. In most cases, people fishing for catla have multiple hook, maybe 5 or 6.. This results in atleast one of the hooks getting stuck onto the fish.. In the process of the fight, the rest of the hooks get stuck in too....

This has been told to me by various catla "ustaads"... However I do not appreciate my catch if it is foul-hooked ( no matter what fish).. But that's my opinion..

Hope that this can clear out the reason for catlas being foul-hooked so many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:13 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:06 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Last edited by IndianAngler on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:28 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:33 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:56 am 
Fishaholic

:idea: For bouyancy, thermocol is an alternative

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Do you mean to suspend the rig by using thermocole tied above the bait ?
Won't that look pretty obvious to our intelligent swimming friends.
I thought more on the lines of using cork particles mixed within the bait.
What do you think?
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:54 pm 
Fishaholic

yup, you can tie the thermocol about 8 to 10inches from the bait.. Haven't tried this much but heard it works.. Guess Robbie can update on this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:58 pm 
Fishaholic

I know Robby does not use this method at all. He is a float fisherman, and keeps the bait suspended off the bottom with the help of a float only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:23 pm 
Fishaholic

OK.... I dont think it would work wt the catla as the bait used, is pretty big and am sure no bloody thermocol is gonna keep this bait up...

Let me see, if i can ask some Bong about this method and how its done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Try out the boilie recipe i sent you with ingredients that the catla would like. Put a small peice of cork in the middle of the ball and experiment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Dude, can u mail me the recipe ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Sent it to you last week "Boilie Basics".
Hope you didn't take it to the loo with you :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Sorry mate... totally forgot :oops: :oops: :oops: .. Got it on my desktop.. ( Stupid bloody work, got me all confused)

Anybody knows any rich widows ??? :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Does it have any rich widows in it ?? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:48 pm 
Fishaholic