->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 pm 

I am an avid angler, and am really pleased at discovering this forum. I have been angling since childhood, and being a serving army officer, have had the chance to go after various species at different locales over the country. Am presently located at Hyderabad, and am really enjoying the angling around here, having had the good fortune to meet up with wonderful angling company. Am expecting to be transferred to Jhansi soon and would appreciate advice on any angling spots in and around that location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:05 pm 
Fishaholic

howdy mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA Anil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome Anil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 pm 
Fishaholic

welcome aboard mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:27 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the forum....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome Buddy....

& Pls share some of pic's of your Catch... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Anil,

Welcome to IA.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 am 

Heartily welcome to the forum & good luck... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sudipta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the forum....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Anil,

Welcome to the forum.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Anil,

Welcome to I.A.

Regarding Fishing to be had around Jhansi, I would like to inform you that during 1970-80s, the River Betwa offered a very good sport. Though I have not fished there, one of my old fishing buddy and my fishing Guru, who is no more now, used to fish there once a year. He used to catch mahseer, Indian Trout, Goonch and Walagoo Attu.

I do not know the present status. However, you should try diifferent spots near Jhansi where the River Betwa flows, especially the spots where you find good rapids.

Do share your trip report and pics.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome Anil, good to have an IA officer on board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:09 pm 

arun.mohile wrote:
Hi Anil,

Welcome to I.A.

Regarding Fishing to be had around Jhansi, I would like to inform you that during 1970-80s, the River Betwa offered a very good sport. Though I have not fished there, one of my old fishing buddy and my fishing Guru, who is no more now, used to fish there once a year. He used to catch mahseer, Indian Trout, Goonch and Walagoo Attu.

I do not know the present status. However, you should try diifferent spots near Jhansi where the River Betwa flows, especially the spots where you find good rapids.

Do share your trip report and pics.

Regards,

Arun

Dear Arun,
Have moved to Jhansi, and done some initial recce.The better stretch of the Betwa river immediately approachable has been included in a nature preserve. Interaction with employees of the preserve indicate that some Mahseer are still available but angling licences are not issued within the preserve. I'll have to expand the range of my search for mahseer accordingly. Number of dams and lakes around Jhansi also offer scope for angling, and I am trying to locate spots offering game fish varieties (Malli/Murrel). Will follow up and get started on the angling when the season opens. I'll let you know how things work out.
Regards.
Anil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:58 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA Anil

Saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome to IA Anil. Jhansi has many nice Dams around it and you will love fishing there.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:28 am 

Thanks all. I look forward to the angling at Jhansi, and hope that other than the tank/lake fishing, which I have heard about from many sources, I manage to find myself amongst some Mahseer on the Betwa. However, there unfortunately doesn't seem to be much scope for any like-minded company at Jhansi.
I otherwise belong to Delhi. and come down here on leave, as my family is based here due to kids' education etc. Am incidentally down here for a short spell of leave right now ( hence the flurry of posts from me over the last few days- I had been very busy of late, and suddenly have a surfeit of spare time). Did a lot of angling around here since my younger days, at Okhla, Bhatkal, Surajkund etc, but it's been a long while since these places have ceased to be of even the least interest to anglers, for reasons already amplified in posts by various Delhi members. Tried a lake at Bhosari (off the Gurgaon - Sohna road), 4-5 years back with a local angler I came across, but the water level was pretty low and the lake seemed fished out with nets (a small mulley landed, and not even another bite between the two of us over the entire day). Haven't been very active on the angling front otherwise during my Delhi trips for quite some time for various reasons, (though I have manged to do a lot of catching up on the fishing, after a reasonably long hiatus, during my recently concluded Hyderabad tenure).
I have serious intentions of making up like crazy now for lost time. Finding the IA Forum has really been a godsend. There is an active coterie of Delhi anglers on the forum. May I request advice from Delhi based forum members on angling locations in the vicinity of Delhi, fish available, preferred bait etc ? I hope to be home on leave for longer periods between September to December, and would like to be able to do some serious angling this time around. I do understand that directly asking for specific location info regarding angling spots on the open forum may not be appreciated (ref IA Etiquette posted by IndianGypsy) but I assure all concerned that I am definitely not a fishing contractor!! If any member is willing to help out, please let me know - I will PM him for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Anil,

I am sure the guys will help with some basic places, but the ones that hold real gold will take some hard work. A lot of our hardcore anglers have seen too many good places get wasted through over-fishing and wanton slaughter, they work very hard finding new fishing grounds so it is understandable that they hold a few secrets after all it is a limited resource.

Regards,

Bobby