->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Marlin's here!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Bops,

It's about time we had our own forum here in India. Especially since we have access to so much water.... be it fresh or salt.
Looking forward to hearing fishy tales from you all :P

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum Akshay. Please post your experiences from the last Andamans trip in the Saltwater angling forum. I'm sure it'll be a real eyecatcher.

IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Bops,

Yeah will do. Have some freshwater stuff as well.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:59 am 

Hi Guys,
Asif, ER Director at a hospital in Noida.Global villager-bangalore born, bred, schooling-peripatetic ever since.
passion is guns and herpetology and ham radio and aeromedical transport of critical patients and I wont admit the city life has tamed me-still love a little bit of nature ramble-hadrian's wall in England was my last peaceful ramble.
Joined Indians for guns, found Rustam and Mehul -from another lifetime...just got myself a fishing rig , yet to inaugurate it, description-here goes from a posting to Rustam:

Finally got the fishing gear down to the office, will borrow a digicam and send you snaps today.Funny part is, picked up some hooks from Dubai 2 yrs ago, which turned out to be Mustad! size says 13 (x12 which i guess is the qty) used to use similar sizefishing in ulsoor lake 30 years ago.
Rod is Ugly stick, lite graphite,reel is pflueger gold medalist pro,8 bearing,gear ratio 5.2 :1,holds 100yds of 8lb line-hope i can use12 lb line on this?have stren 1/4 lb 1000yd in 12lb...In some weird non coincidence , also have a roll of sufix, 30 lb lo vis BRAID-dont ask how-stuff was picked up by a distant relative and sent to another distant relative and i picked it up 4 hrs before i flew out-hence the flurry of sos sms to you!
Ran into nearest Wal mart and found Eagle claw , plain shank no 4 - and 3x treble 10, NO 8 3x treble,booyah pond magic spinner bait and a plano 4600box.
floats are Thill,swivels-jeros tackle #5, allegedly will hold upto 45 lbs...

If i can pull in a 6 incher with this spectacular mismash, the next round for the house is on me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Asif, welcome to the forum. Hope Arif will be along soon :-)

Congratulations on the new tackle, we're all waiting for that six incher and the ensuing party.

Cheers
IndianAngler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome aboard, Asif. Remember we all have to start at some time, so don't feel shy to ask what you may think are the sillyest of questions.

Take care.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome aboard Guys,

Soon we'll have poppers, jigs and spinners flying through the air, not forgetting good old ragi balls!!!

Tangled lines, snags and foul hooking and they thought angling was a peaceful passtime!

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.