->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: hello india!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 am 

fishing has been a passion for many years of my life. in pursuit of the largest i spend days and days at the water. down in Europe the biggest (fresh water) fish around is usually carp, so that was my main target. some pictures (and a story in dutch...) concerning my last fishing trip to France few weeks before i came to India can be found on this site:
http://www.mainlineteamholland.nl/ervaringen.html
go to the titel 'maikel van hintum' and click on the second story 'op pad met scuba hein' i'm the guy with the had all the time.

I've been here in India for 3 months now and the fever has hit me again; i want to fish! it is pretty hard though for an outsider to get some info concerning sport fishing possibilities. how delighted i am to come across this forum!

I have been working for the last months as a trainee in mumbai, now the time to travel begins... and i would love to include fishing into it. so I'll be banging on your doors, to get some info and perhaps even some company (a 'guide' in these waters with unknown fish is priceless). I hope you guys can be as helpful to me as the Indian people have been to me already and i hope my foreign knowledge can be of use to you as well!

cheers,

Hein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:34 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome aboard. Where are you travelling to ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:51 am 
Fishaholic

welcome to the madhouse.....if in Bombay contact to Santosh or the Powai king Angler Ali.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:34 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Hein,

We do lot of carp fishing here in Mumbai at the M.S.A.A at Powai. You are welcome to have a go at the giants that live in the lake. Your know-how of European carp fishing will also be of immense help.

If saltwater fishing fancy you, some of us are going to a coastal place 100 km from mumbai for MJ and barra fishing on the 29th & 30th.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Welcome to the Forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Welcome aboard, DA. Hope you find what you're looking for. If you fancy some fishing down South closer to Bangalore, let me know.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject: Hi Hein
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:26 pm 

Wishing you good luck and loads of fishes ! :-)

Santosh my dear brother, could i join you guys ?

'If saltwater fishing fancy you, some of us are going to a coastal place 100 km from mumbai for MJ and barra fishing on the 29th & 30th. '

Let the good times roll.... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi, Hein,

Where are you staying in Mumbai? If you wish to go for saltwater fishing, you may join us on 29 and 30th December'07 (Refer Santosh's invitation).

Regards,

Arun

Post subject: Re: Hi Hein
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm 
Fishaholic

alistairdsa wrote:
Santosh my dear brother, could i join you guys ?

Please do :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:20 pm 
Fishaholic

welcome Hein,
wish you some real good fishing in India
Cheers...Hamdhingra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi & welcome aboard!!! You know know who to contact in bombay & bangalore... if you come up north, get in touch with the Pump House Gang...

Cheers,

IG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:03 am 
Fishaholic

welcome aboard!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:29 am 
Fishaholic

Hi there DA,

Glad you have got the bug back. I hope you find a way to relieve the itch. As IndianGypsy says if you come up north gives us a holler.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:28 pm 

Warm welcomes…
Thank you all!
There are two things that buzz my mind every now and then: the great mahseer and some big game salt water experience. Both are unknown for me but only bigger is the wish and the challenge.
So the salt-water trip on the 29 and 30 sounds perfect, unfortunately I’m on my way yo Goa by then.

If there is anything else organized between now and the 28 (except for the 17th and 18th I’m afraid) or someone has planned a trip and is needing some (dutch) company; I would be most delighted and thankful (means preparing the ground bait, carrying around tackle…. Think about it).
Location? I don’t really mind going anywhere and will conform my traveling to fishing opportunities. if it’s in reasonable range (half a day/day in the train?) of mumbai and reachable by train, I’m in. I would like to see some more of India and I would like to fish so traveling will not be a big barrier.

@ santosh: checking out the fishing in powai lake is in real close range so tell me when you are going and if I can fit it in, I’ll definitely be there!

@ Indianangler: after goa I’m going down south. If I’m planning to go to bangalore I’ll let you know if I can work out some fishing time (my girlfriend has joined me by then. Fishing and women, water and fire)

@ indiangypsy & mahaseerken: how far up north is your north..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey DA, We are way up in New Delhi and the mahseer are even further up in the hill, about a 7/8 hour drive. But I promise you it will be worth it. So if you find the time do drop in.

Now the otherside talks.

Hey DA, WE are way up in New Delhi. Since you are going to Goa hang in there. We'll come down south. heheehheehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi DA

welcome to Indian Angler. Looks like you're gonna have some company & a tough time keeping up with everyone...lol

where in Bombay are you put up ? I will be down in bbay for hols on the 21st morning & will be going on the 29th / 30th with Santosh, Arun & whoever else is coming.

maybe we could do a little bit of spinning / bait casting on weekdays if you are free. I should definately be free from Jan 7th to 11th , if you are in bombay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi and welcome to Indian fishing,hope you enjoy yourself. Catching masheer is different from baiting carp.