->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hello from Alaska
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:28 pm 

:D Hello I am interested in talking with all anglers.We fish for Halibut,Ling cod four types of salmon and many different types of rockfish. I work on a charter boat . It is great to see another quality site. TIGHT LINES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, BigFish

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a great time here.

I'm sure your experience on a charter boat will be helpful for some of our members.

Regards
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:50 pm 

Ahoy Bigfish-
Welcome aboard-do you do crab pots too? heard thats a very difficult job!!
I'm the only member here who hasnt caught a fish in 30 years! :D :D
Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:44 am 

Hello gents,i dont do the crab fishing thing thats a young mans game charter fishing here takes up all my time we run 100 days straight.What kind of fish do you guys catch. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bigfish,

Good to have an angler from across the globe on this forum. It would be interesting to hear the kind of sea fishing you're doing. Is Ling Cod similar to Grouper? We've managed to catch quite a few off reefs while going after GT.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mighty Marlin,

What we get are mostly Groupers or Rock Cods.

Ling Cods are similar fish but not the same, ling mostly hug the bottom as opposed to Rock Cods and Groupers what are mid to (more) bottom water fish.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bobby,

It's been a while. I was wondering if ling was found in really deep water? I've caught grouper on bait, plug and popper, which pretty much covers the whole spectum of water in terms of depth. Must have been fishing in around 25meters of water at the deepest.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi MM,

Yes its been some time. I just got back from Dubai 2 days ago.

I have never caught Ling Cod, but read about them so the best person to advise you would be the author of this initial post.

Ling Cod are cold water fish so we will not get them in the tropics. Grouper on popper is very interesting. I have never caught a grouper but caught large rock cod on Mackrel and on minnow type lures.

I am sure you can land them Jigging but I do not do too much of jigging. Was just in a tackle shop, inclined to pickup some large jiggs but had gone to pick up some fluro green lures for Bream. So that is what i did and also got a pair of sun glasses.

Spreading my expences :lol: will pick up the Jigs next time I go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54 pm 

HELLO,BOBBY AND MIGHTY MARLIN, LING COD ARE VERY AGGRESIVE THEY SPEND THERE TIME SWIMING AROUND LARGE ROCK PILES EATING EVERYTHING IN SITE.I HAVE HAD CLIENTS REELING UP A EIGHT POUND ROCK FISH , JUST TO HAVE A GIANT LING COME UP AND EAT THE BLACK BASS.IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GIANT LING COD WE HAVE A PICTURE OF ONE ON OUR WEB PAGE AND IF THE aministrator WILL LET ME I WILL SEND YOU A FREE SAMPLE OF OUR GIANT GRUBS. WE JIG FOR ALL OUR FISH.THE TIDES HERE ARE THE SECOND LARGEST IN THE WORLD,HERE IN COOK INLET.WE USE 16 TO 24OZ. JIG HEADS.DO YOU GUYS EVER JIG FOR ANY OF YOUR FISH?IT IS GREAT TO HERE FROM YOU GENTS I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING BACK FROM YOU,AND BOP THE JIG OFFER IS OPEN TO YOU ALSO THANKS JIM : [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jim,

You are welcome to post pictures of fish and your jigs. We do not allow commercial advertisments yet so please do not list prices or addresses of commercial websites. You could send me your product sample and if it seems useful to our members I will post a review of it in our review section.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:04 am 

hello,Bopanna Let me know were to send a sample and i will get it to you. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:16 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Jim! Owen here from Bangalore. Good to have you with us.
Living in Bangalore, we are nowhere near the sea, and work doesn't allow me too much time to make trips to the sea. So the nearest and best fishing location around is on the Kaveri river, famous for the "Masheer".
So much of what i write is about is related to experiences on the river, though some of the other members are all rounders. However i am sure everyone will enjoy hearing from you on saltwater angling.
Tight Lines
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Hi Jim,

Please check your personal message box on the forum. I've sent you a PM.

Tight Lines!
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:50 am 
Fishaholic

bigfish4you wrote:
HELLO,BOBBY AND MIGHTY MARLIN, LING COD ARE VERY AGGRESIVE THEY SPEND THERE TIME SWIMING AROUND LARGE ROCK PILES EATING EVERYTHING IN SITE.I HAVE HAD CLIENTS REELING UP A EIGHT POUND ROCK FISH , JUST TO HAVE A GIANT LING COME UP AND EAT THE BLACK BASS.IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GIANT LING COD WE HAVE A PICTURE OF ONE ON OUR WEB PAGE AND IF THE aministrator WILL LET ME I WILL SEND YOU A FREE SAMPLE OF OUR GIANT GRUBS. WE JIG FOR ALL OUR FISH.THE TIDES HERE ARE THE SECOND LARGEST IN THE WORLD,HERE IN COOK INLET.WE USE 16 TO 24OZ. JIG HEADS.DO YOU GUYS EVER JIG FOR ANY OF YOUR FISH?IT IS GREAT TO HERE FROM YOU GENTS I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING BACK FROM YOU,AND BOP THE JIG OFFER IS OPEN TO YOU ALSO THANKS JIM : [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Hi Bigfish,
I have jigged while out sea fishing but not with the grubs you mentioned.This method proved very effective on grouper and coral trout, while we were out targetting dogtooth tuna. I've used the smaller version (squidgies) in mangroves and have caught snapper and small grouper on them. I've a whole new set of grubs/squdgies I want to try in freshwater for Mahseer.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:19 pm 

Hello OWEN,MIGHTY MARLIN,fishing the salt here is what i live for,but i have a customer that lives in Fairbanks that takes his clients Pike fishing in the river.A pike is a freshwater fish that is also a tackle buster.The latest report i recieved is that they caught and released over 100 pike in three days size was a 25lb. to 30lb. average the rivers and lakes around there are full of them.A Pike kind of sounds like your Masheer.What has been your trips like, going for this Masheer.Well i have to run i have four friend that are coming to fish Lingcod and Halibut.We are on the search for a World Record Lingcod.A friend of mine two weeks ago caught a 79.5 Lingcod and right know it is a pending world record the state record is 80lbs. but the angler never submited the fish for a world record. :oops: thanks gents look forward to hearing from you.