->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hyderabad Region Murells
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:09 am 

Dear Mates,
Even I am fishing for Murrels only 3 yrs my job is from 7pm to 4am so I am going to murells fishing almost 3 times per week in Hyd regions. I do not like to keep other fishermens also from fishing in this "secrete" places and but some people have told me to not tell where it is are these places, even I do not like it. I am looking at the experts on this forum as my brother and I will be very happy also to see them use there expert fishing ways and to learn from them how to catch more. I am posting some more images of murells from near to Hyd with some friends who also go with me some times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:31 am 
Fishaholic

first let me congratulate you on your expertise. :D . i also think there should be some form of self imposed limit on what we catch per day. :-) otherwise we will become 'fishermen' not anglers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 am 
Fishaholic

Mr. Murrel Master, :D

It seems you are quite an expert in yourself! and some nice decent murrels...

Congratulation to you and your friends.

Between did you always use spinners while fishing for murrels?

Instead of catching all these murrels for the pot, let us make a move from same old practice to make a study on which species of murrels exist in Hyderabad or establish some other species in region. In this way we can make a good progress in field of angling.

Regards
Arish! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am 
Fishaholic

dr aamir bhavnagri wrote:
first let me congratulate you on your expertise. :D . i also think there should be some form of self imposed limit on what we catch per day. :-) otherwise we will become 'fishermen' not anglers.

I agree with Dr.Amir. Take one or two legal size for the pot and release the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 am 
Enlightened

Great u appear to be a murrel king!!.I imagine how happy i will be if i get 6-7 murrels in one day.

while angling for murrel i wonder how u wont get any mulleys or pathans,is there any trick to avoid the pathans and target only murrels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Wow, great catch...these are good sized murrells...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm 

Nice hunt Mr. Srinivas! :-) Nice in number too.. By the way where is the location exactly in Hyderabad? Nice pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm 
Fishaholic

i also think there should be some form of self imposed limit on what we catch per day. :-) otherwise we will become 'fishermen' not anglers.

well said Doc.. [smilie=coolup.gif]

IA is now IF.. :lol:

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:33 am 
Fishaholic

very valid point raised by Dr. Aamir n very well said Mr. Pardhi... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 am 

Dear Dr. Amir, please you have to understand that I release most of the murells I am catching. For example, last staurday I only have caught 29 murells from morning 10am to evening 4pm and only keep 3 of 4kg each, means 26 murells released. Because murells are Rs. 150 per kg in hyd. my friends who go with me always want to take fish to there home. Also I am giving some murells always to poor peoples like servents who cannot buy meat and never murells and there children also enjoy. What you have seen in pictures I have given is only a fraction. Rest are released. 80-90% are released always. In the correct places to go you and all the brothers in the forum can catch many also. Don't worry. I am not an expert, this forum has many murells experts that can advice me how to catch more, only you have to go to the real murells places not like Mr. MM from Delhi who went to the complete wrong place for murells because of very bad advise from his gang. Can you find gold in the road? No. You have to know where the gold is. I am taking my maruti car and loafing for 20,000kms total to look for murells locations in hyd region.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 am 
Fishaholic

Murrel (or "Sole" here) would sell for Rs.400/Kg in Chandigarh. I assume thats why we see fewer and smaller ones these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 am 
Fishaholic

t7srinivas wrote:
. Can you find gold in the road? No. You have to know where the gold is. .

To get a ounce of Gold, one has to move tons of dirt. Since you have already found it, please preserve it as much as you can... nothing is permanent.

regards,

Santosh

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am 
Enlightened

Shortly it would be called poaching rather then angling....... as these murrel's would become extinct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm 

Congratulations
Regards
Siddique

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 pm 
Fishaholic

dear srinivas, iam glad you released most of your fish :D my advise is for your own good and the murrels; as i would never be fishing in or near hyderabad. i have enough murrel fishing here :-) .

ok lets change the topic, :-) what do you use ? spinners, spoons .. are there any weeds around? or its just open water? i would suggest top water lures. the takes are explosive(literally) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:31 am 

santosh wrote:
t7srinivas wrote:
. Can you find gold in the road? No. You have to know where the gold is. .

To get a ounce of Gold, one has to move tons of dirt. Since you have already found it, please preserve it as much as you can... nothing is permanent.

regards,

Santosh

Dear Mr. Santosh,
You are correct even I believe we must share informations as brothers fisherman. But because of one bloody fellow, Lin D'silva, that I have shown a lake to he has taken 100 people their and now there is no murells. Zero. He cannot catch the murells but other 100 people have blosted the lake even taking fish of 250gms. Some people know how to keep the murrels but others like him he has sold this informations. How to know who is a good fishermen? I am taking your advices and not telling to anyone any more where is it are the lakes. Than-Q.
srini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:09 am 
Fishaholic

ashokpkl wrote:
Murrel (or "Sole" here) would sell for Rs.400/Kg in Chandigarh. I assume thats why we see fewer and smaller ones these days.

This should be hint enough for everyone fishing extensively in hyd.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:24 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Srinivas

1st of all,Congrats on ur Catch & thanks for sharing. :D
those are real beauty, :shock:

thanks for sharing the snaps, :D

Being a Murrall Angler myself,i know that Murrall fishing is quite Addictive,

regarding the bag limit,well thats ur personal choice ,& am pretty sure that u know what has to be done,

Cheers

PS :its juss my opinion,be ur own judge. :D

Last edited by viper on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 pm 

Hi Srinivas,

Your expeditions are great, its a dream of every angler to hook as many murrels as you have shown in this & earlier posts, I am eager to meet you and will be sending a PM as a fellow angler from HYderabad it will an honour to share your experiences, I am really not any way keen to know the location but just to know each other as we share a common intrest, Its good to know that you release surplus fishes,
All the Best....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:49 am 

Hello to all, first thanks for all the well wishers. But it seems as some are not so happy and have complained about ammount even I am releasing most fishes. Will you not like to cought so many also? Why are you happy with one small fish? When fishing how to limit the fishes? May be to stop fishing. Then why go fishing? I also can cought small murell and hold close to camera to look big but it is better to tell truth and catch a big murell.

Dr.Amir sir, as you ask I use spoon and spinner as the climate and clouds are changing. Some times silver and some times gold colour (dark days). I tried one time the frogs are ok for weeds places but cannot throw as far or not so much action. Even I have tried real frog and also jinga and kekda. But best of best real bait for murell is small murell. Rs2 per "fingerlings" from fisheries dept. Good result. But Normaly, when I am fishing with spinner I am catching minimum 10-15 murells per day some of 3-5kg rest small like your murell. I like spinner the best. I will upload some pics of spoon and spinner. But i don't think it is liked for me to upload any more pics of fishes as I am not likeing complaints. Thanx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 am 
Enlightened

I remember catching a small murrel about 3 inches "by net" when I was a kid from one of the talaos near my place. We call them Daaku. I put him in my Tank and that was the end of all the other Fish. He wiped the tank clean in abt 3 days :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:30 am 

basharath wrote:
Great u appear to be a murrel king!!.I imagine how happy i will be if i get 6-7 murrels in one day.

while angling for murrel i wonder how u wont get any mulleys or pathans,is there any trick to avoid the pathans and target only murrels?

Basharat bhai, the only way to not catch patans is to go to a lake where there is only murells and no patans. eg. kotepalli has both so you will catch both.

If you want best informations on murells you have to see the Number One murell raja in hyd or even AP, he is so genious of murells not like the other gang people I am reading of like masabtank gang, Lin, etc. (ye logan bandalan phekne me numbari hai) His name is Junaid bhai. He is not knowing me but my friend Anthu is know him. I will give him anything to go fishing with the ultimate Ustad and to learn how to catch as he is the murell superman. Do you know him? I would like intro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:35 pm 
Enlightened

yes bro,

I dont know junaid bhai personally but he is from farooqui(zinda tilismath) family.,and that few of my relatives know them.They did much for the poor on footpaths by distributing blankets in the cold winter.Junaid bhai is there in this forum,plz search for junaid and u can see his posts.

i know some locations here which contain murrel but most of them contain either drainage or shit around them.Moot mey macchi marey waisa hota phir...I am still new into angling but will soon explore the locations.

you said you wont post ur pics again as people r disliking the number(jitney moo utni batein).but i appreciate u for distributing it in the poor.

For me people getting handicaped bcos of malnutrition is much serious than the fish getting Extinct.,thats the reason i give most of my fish to the rikshaw and thelabandi people.

expecting more posts from you,
Happy angling.

Last edited by basharath on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:50 pm 
Fishaholic

There is nothing wrong in number of fish you caught, your catches is very small compared to those netted by the fishermen. Keep sharing as many pics and experience as you can.

Helping the needy and the poor is a noble deed and will be rewarded extensively. This is what you are displaying your rewards.

There are good density of murrels in and around Hyderabad and not only junaid bhai but some other people too knew when and where to catch them, the problem is they are very secretive.

keep posting!

Regards
Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:18 am 

Thank you Arish bhai and Basharat bhai for kind support. I sent Junaid bhai an PM to ask for advices about how to catch more. The reson I am saying I do not like to post any more pics is because I received some PM messages telling bad things about so many murell I am catching. But I think this people are jelos because they cannot catch or may be catch one small one to hold near to camera to fool public and post 10 pics of same fish.

Hum bhi choosa pakad ke camera ke tarikhe se public ku ulloo bana sakte, albatta bada murell pakdna alag e cheez hai, aur jhoot ka zarurat nai rai ta, samjhe aap?

srini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am 
Fishaholic

Just ignore their messages, because they don't know about the status of murrels in Hyderabad.

"kya kya bolte kuch bhi bolne do, wo log waisich hoonge"

Don't let your will die for the sake of these jealous people. You have your own right whether to post or not to post!

Happy Fishing
Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

good catching, but hope you release the small murrel so that they grow to breed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:12 am 
Fishaholic

srinivas... you mentioned that in hyd'bad the fisheries dept sell murrel fingerlings........ i will earnestly request you and all the other murrel anglers in hyd'bad to buy these fingerling from time to time (a few thousand at a time ..as they are rs 2 apiece ) and restock your water bodies .... so that the rate at which the fishing is done will not affect the existing numbers in the future... if we can take from nature for free .. we should be thankful and gladly give back to .. every creature on this planet has right to have healthy population and in us being the dominant species we must take the onus to maintain and replenish the same.. failure to do so .. in the long run is only to our detriment.

please consider the above request.. i would also like to know if the fingerling can be transported to my city.. i have a mind to release them into various systems down the line...everything going well concerning a certain drive in the city to clean up my city's water bodies..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Shrinivas,

Some awesome catches there... :)

t7srinivas wrote:
But best of best real bait for murell is small murell. Rs2 per "fingerlings" from fisheries dept.

Can you provide more details about the fisheries dept? like the contact number, etc. Some of my acquaintances are into aqua culture and were interested in Murrel. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Will try and work out on getting them to Pune.

Regards,
Humaid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 am 
Fishaholic

humaid .. id like to team up on this.. is that ok.. pm me lets talk.. hpe to hear from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:15 pm 

nice ones srini congrats ... and hey dont worry on other comments . I may not know much about freshwater species - but snakeheads are one of a kind .. u should not have any bag limit on those - are these endangered species ?? NO -

u will be helping the eco system and other species - snakeheads are fearsome predator fish they eat all that possible ....

Keep doing awsome job catch some biggies we all would love to see ... good luck ..

Other Folks no offence guys just my 2 cents....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 pm 
Fishaholic

sorry syedhu.. but it is completely wrong.. to say that there should not be a bag limit... it is wrong to say that snakeheads are one of a kind.. yes they are fearsome and voracious predators.. but you cannot go on a killing spree and not let nature take its course.. other fish species will naturally find a balance.. nature has its own system of checks and balances and we dont need to interfere to a great degree... unless it is an invasive species..which it is not. they are not endangered yet.. are you planning to get them on the said list... i hope not dear friend.. a least for the sake of the future of you fishing.. my 1 cent. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:54 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
sorry syedhu.. but it is completely wrong.. to say that there should not be a bag limit... it is wrong to say that snakeheads are one of a kind.. yes they are fearsome and voracious predators.. but you cannot go on a killing spree and not let nature take its course.. other fish species will naturally find a balance.. nature has its own system of checks and balances and we dont need to interfere to a great degree... unless it is an invasive species..which it is not. they are not endangered yet.. are you planning to get them on the said list... i hope not dear friend.. a least for the sake of the future of you fishing.. my 1 cent. :D

well said hamour [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:50 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:

well said hamour [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] .

I second [smilie=coolup.gif]

Last edited by Omesh.Moorjani on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 am 
Fishaholic

Hi srinivas,

I am from Chennai, but often travel to Hyderabad on business.. will u take me sometime to the secret spot.. just to watch u catch? or let me spin..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm 
Fishaholic

We got quite a discussion here !
firstly congrats on the catches Srinivas
Hey Daryl n Humaid, keep me in the loop of "project murrell"... [smilie=eye.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:19 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
nature has its own system of checks and balances and we dont need to interfere to a great degree..

We humans did not kill ALL the Dinosaurs. Did we?? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:16 pm 
Fishaholic

you're right in saying we didnt kill the dinos.. but just think of it if they were to be around how many humans would survive.. (again to do with natures checks and balances) .. but please see the context in what im saying that sentence.. do you mean its ok to slaughter those many murrel that you see above wantonly...

bro please reflect before you comment. a humble request. regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:17 am 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
you're right in saying we didnt kill the dinos.. but just think of it if they were to be around how many humans would survive.. (again to do with natures checks and balances) .. but please see the context in what im saying that sentence.. do you mean its ok to slaughter those many murrel that you see above wantonly...

bro please reflect before you comment. a humble request. regards.

My statement was in agreement with yours Mr. Hamour :) Sorry I did not specify that. What I meant that the Dino's perished all by themselves or by the forces of nature. So it necessarily means the nature will always balanec itself. But we as humans have a GOD gifted organ called Brain which we need to use to conserve species which we think and feel could be depleted for no fault of theirs.

Hope that helps :)

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 am 
Fishaholic

sorry ..dezz patraon..(im a maka pao myself..) i failed to understand your drift.. thanks for explaining.. much appreciated..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:05 pm 
Fishaholic

No probs BAB :) dont have to be sorry.

Cheers - DeZZ