->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am 
Fishaholic

well friends! after a lean period in murrel fishing i finally caught these two on poppers. i also missed two larger ones. i shall be getting my new kit soon and shall be able to wrangle bigger fish (hopefully). murrels apparently need variation in retrieval speeds to take poppers. the first struck as soon as i stopped the popper while the other struck in mid retrieve.
pics in the evening.
btw both fishes repose in an aquarium. my guys are on the job to get (fish) food for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Doc, would like to see some pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats for the catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:39 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Doc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 am 
Fishaholic

waiting for the pictures (in the aquarium)
Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 am 
Fishaholic

Good one Doc.

Waiting for the pics and thanks for the info on popper retrieval tips :) What popper and size do you use??

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks guys ! hey dezz quit joking, man. i am a newbie and certainly cant give u guys any tips. just sharing each day as it goes. by the way i booted the murrels out of the tank. they stink but good. the bigger one is departed and the smaller lives to grow bigger till it can be the main course / side dish yet another day. did not take any pics in the aquarium. pics yet not appended as they are on my mobile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 am 
Fishaholic

Ace_doc wrote:
thanks guys ! hey dezz quit joking, man. i am a newbie and certainly cant give u guys any tips. just sharing each day as it goes. by the way i booted the murrels out of the tank. they stink but good. the bigger one is departed and the smaller lives to grow bigger till it can be the main course / side dish yet another day. did not take any pics in the aquarium. pics yet not appended as they are on my mobile.

Hi Doc, I dont know if you are kidding about eating that fish from your tank when it grows, but just in case you are not, dont do it, fish in an aquarium over a period of time develop toxins in the body from living in a small closed environment, which may not be fatal but could make you very very ill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:09 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks bobby. the smaller fish has been released back into the lake, the other eaten by my staff.the fish were in the tank only for 4 hrs but they stank it up. i wouldn't dream of eating pet fishes or any fish i keep in tanks for that matter.what i meant by making that fish a main course referred to the day when it would grow bigger and be recaptured.
ps its good to have people give u the right advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:57 am 
Fishaholic

Ace_doc wrote:
. i am a newbie and certainly cant give u guys any tips.

Hey Doc,

Its not being a newbie that matters. Its basically good to know how fish behave in the different environments.

A few years back I was a newbie, and never thought I could gather so much of knowledge about the fish and angling. I OWE this forum and its members a lot for all their assistance over a period of time. Angling is an ocean of experience which everybody would want to sail across and Indian Anglers forum is that boat that helps you troll this ocean.

You are calling yourself a newbie now. Mark my words a couple years you will better off than me for sure.

Cheers and tight lines.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Ace_doc wrote:
the fish were in the tank only for 4 hrs but they stank it up. i.

Doc, surely you can keep murrel in a tank, you just need to have one of the right size and a thriving bio filter of the same capacity. You would have to put it in a tank that has been cycled already.