->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Bhavanisagar Sep 2009
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys, I've just returned from a trip to Bhavanisagar, which I've been looking froward to for quite a while now. However as luck would have it.... It didn't quite go as planned :evil:

I reached Metupallyam early on Saturday after a terrible bus ride which left me feeling really sick. Think I'd managed to catch some strange kind of viral/flu while on the bus. Anyways rested at a friends place for the rest of the day.

Drove to Bhavanisagar to scout the water I was to spend Sunday and Monday fishing. Still feeling zonked I went for a long walk and chuked a spinner about with much difficulty. The area seemed awesome and the prospects of big fish were very real. There was a breeze and a light green algae which had been stirred up by the wind. After about half an hour I had to stop and take a break. This was when I saw the biggest murral of my life slowly rise up out of the depths, take a long breath on the surface and sink slowly with a slight twitch of his table tennis racquet sized pectoral fins. I sat for a while waiting to see if he'd come up again, but didn't manage to spot him.

I had to spend Sunday in bed cursing the fever I had and Monday recovering before it was time for me to take the dreaded bus ride back to Bangalore.

However my buddies headed down and returned with 4 fish, none big, all under 2 kilos and tales of bigger fish they'd seen coming up but refusing to take a spinner. I can well imagine. The highlight of their day was a pair of panther they saw crossing the road while on their way to Bhavani.

I also saw a couple of stretches of the Bhavani river that have big murral and Carnatic that will readily take spinner...... So lots of promising water to fish... only have no idea when I will get a chance to next. :?

Regards,

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 am 

Hi Mighty Marlin!,

Nice write up. I can only imagine how big that murrel would have been! .. Sorry about your flu, its just plays a real spoil sport. Its awesome that your buddies managed to spot the panther pair!! .. these kind of sightings are so rare. All the very best for your future trips!.

Cheers!.