->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: world record Catla....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am 
Fishaholic

Hello friends,
we all have read Ali bhai's post about world record Catla caught by Santosh and Alibhai and others...
we must have a thread dedicated to congratulate our friends for their world record... looking forward to see many replies in this thread...
tight lines...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:16 am 
Fishaholic

I agree, CONGRATULATIONS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 am 
Fishaholic

Yes, certainly needs recognition.
Congrats Ali, Santosh and the others.
May you supercede your biggest.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 am 
Fishaholic

wonderful effort...well done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes yes yes! you the man dr prasad for making this thread in appreciation of our fellow senior anglers who have actually persevered real hard to make the record! from RND about the rigs and various types of rigs to making it and then landing all these big beauties!

Congratulations Alibhai and Santosh! for the wonderful catches!

The biggest one caught was Santosh's, Congratulations once again for being the world record holder.

May god bless you both with many more!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you very much Prasad for your effort and it is not that we don't like being congratulated, in actuality this thread is really uncalled for.

If any one wants to congratulate or discuss about a catch,it should be done on the main thread so no need to start another one.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:38 pm 
Fishaholic

I second that, I was about to write the same.

To add more..First, records mean nothing. We all should be more interested to enjoy our fishing as a wonderful sport and not get bogged down by such records.

If at all, it needs to be done than we need to form our association where we can have our own records that will be inspected by respected and knowledgeable anglers with calibrated scales. (otherwise some will place it on the floor and claim it to be a big catch as already seen on the forum). Why do we have to refer to IGFA when we can very well have our own All India Angling Association (AIAA)?

Thanks Dr. Prasad, very thoughtful of you & everyone for the kind words.

Regards,

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks guys for your kind words... still i am amazed to see the response to this thread as there are 136 views to it n just few comments... anyways; it takes heart to congratulate fellow angler's success and im glad to see you people have it...

@Ali bhai n Santo; may be this thread was uncalled for but your achievement really deserved separate attention so i did this...

@Santo; i absolutely agree to your point of forming an Indian game fish association.. not only the records will be properly scrutinized but also the practice of catch and release will be far more sincerely implemented, also we can do many activities regarding conservation of game fishes and also their habitat...

finally many congratulations to Alibhai and Santo.. i wish u many more such records...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:17 pm 
Enlightened

what about the 52lb catla caught by MR.Naushad Ali at powai
http://msaapowai.tripod.com/photoframe.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Once again congrats ali bhai, santsoh and others for the record catch ! and may you keep breaking records !!! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

@ Santosh - " I second that, I was about to write the same.

To add more..First, records mean nothing. We all should be more interested to enjoy our fishing as a wonderful sport and not get bogged down by such records.

If at all, it needs to be done than we need to form our association where we can have our own records that will be inspected by respected and knowledgeable anglers with calibrated scales. (otherwise some will place it on the floor and claim it to be a big catch as already seen on the forum). Why do we have to refer to IGFA when we can very well have our own All India Angling Association (AIAA)? "

more importantly @ dr prasad " @Santo; i absolutely agree to your point of forming an Indian game fish association.. not only the records will be properly scrutinized but also the practice of catch and release will be far more sincerely implemented, also we can do many activities regarding conservation of game fishes and also their habitat... "

i second you guys on the above points, not a BIG guy.. so not sure how much it means .. but none the less. one drop in the ocean..

congrats and hoping towards some concretization of the above.... regards..