->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:15 am 
Enlightened

Hi,
Currently I am looking to catch a decent size (2-3 kg as per our environment) Rohu.
My problem is that the place where i fish is full with USTAADs, they usually throw few balls of something called Chari in local to make fish hungry. then every one is with some kind of chemical oriented bait may be herb based or whatever. With this combination they use to catch some good fish and in comparison sitting next to them i remain empty handed or at the most just one around half kg fish after 10-12 hrs.
By the way i used plain wheat flour, with sugar, with shakkar, with haldi and also with vanila essence, but my bait usually becomes a treat for small fish and they clean the hook in 5 minutes so that i put one more to feed their bellies, so guys what am i doing wrong other than not having formulas USTAADs' have?
By the way I tried oil cake based ground bait mentioned on IA too (though without rum as have no access to things like that)

:( Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:46 am 
Fishaholic

Rana - Send riaz a PM... The dude is an Ustad of Ustads, if you going after Rohus..
For catla and mrigals, Doc Sai is there to help you ( Callsign is saikibryan :lol: )
If you going after mermaids, mate.. then I will drop you a PM :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey, Gav now I know why you are cockeyed1 You are a boobman. :oops: [smilie=unhappy-angel.gif] [smilie=wanker.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:45 am 
Fishaholic

[smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:56 am 
Enlightened

Thank you Gavin, I am contacting both, hope i'll be good student.

regards

Rana

Last edited by Fishman on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:59 am 
Enlightened

and i'll prefer a fish over a mermaid :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:55 am 
Fishaholic

Quote:
and i'll prefer a fish over a mermaid

you married or single ?? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 pm 

Ha, Gav is at it early...whens the transmigration of the soul Gav? Is b'lore ready for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:39 pm 
Fishaholic

i dont know what you meant by "FIX" but it usually means 2 things
1. Drugs
2. Getting neutured :D

and im sure what you had in mind wasnt either :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Theres a third .... getting pronged by the watergod :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Quote:
Ha, Gav is at it early...whens the transmigration of the soul Gav? Is b'lore ready for you?

Don't think so.. Owen is already taken off to Mumbai :lol: :lol:
And the rest are heading for the hills... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:23 am 
Enlightened

I am married Gavin. 8) :shock: :-) :o

for susheel: i wrote 'fish' it came out 'fix', there must be some relation or i am just too bad at typing. but still message is well understood by experts and i m getting my share of advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:30 am 
Fishaholic

Don't worry Fishman. 'Fix' is just fine after all aren't some of us addicted to angling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:43 am 
Fishaholic

Fishman wrote:
Hi,
Currently I am looking to catch a decent size (2-3 kg as per our environment) Rohu.
My problem is that the place where i fish is full with USTAADs, they usually throw few balls of something called Chari in local to make fish hungry. :( Rana

The Ustasd's could be adding a laxitive to their groundbait.
It gives the fish the runs, and this soon makes them very hungry, and they feed or so i hear.
Watch out for the stuff, it can kill a horse if the dosage is not right.
I hear that this method is used in some highly pressured waters. I would not reccomend it, as it could cause a fish kill.

Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:18 am 
Enlightened

Yes Owen! thats the pity, whenever go fishing, see small dead fish floating near the bank.

Even asked the culprits not to do this, but they just don't listen, its a matter of pride for them to catch a biggie using some of their weird technique/stuff.

Even some guys calling themselves anglers, use it. and say our stuff doesn't harm fish. situation is very bad, good bless our waters and the beauties living in it.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:32 pm 
Fishaholic

God did not make the world with all its problims in one day- relax and enjoy your fishing and you one day when you least expect it you will get the fish you want till then enjoy the sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Rana
Its nice to hear that someone else has also experienced the same problems at Rawal lake as i did. :twisted: Actually what you are calling a chemical is not chemical really. its a combination of a number of herbs/additives cooked/mixed together and as for its formula, i feel its easier to design a aircraft engine. it has a strong smell and there is nothing else wrong about it. The reason that you are not getting the fish is because if the fish is getting a bait that smelly in the area than it wont come for something like atta/haldi. Secondly i feel haldi and vanila essence dont go together as they have very different smells. Recommend using one of the two.
As for the charai, there is every thing wrong about it because, as you mentioned, it contains a herb which seriously effects the digestive system of the fish. Many of them, specially small ones, can not recover and either die or their growth is seriously retarded. I have been talking to the people about not using it but in vain. Many of them have no idea of ethical angling, conservation etc. May like to do the following
1 Dont sit at the place where the lake has been extensively ground baited with charai. Select a new spot for yourself, may be on the farther side of the lake (Bani Gala or recreational park side).
2 You must not use the harmful herbs, but ground baiting is essential.
3. Must carry the earth worms. Carps, specailly Gulfam can be caught on them. Today morning my son caught a gulfaam and a grass carp with earth worms.
4. Dont be disheartened. keep using new techniques. After initial failures, now i have started having some success. Good luck.
Cheers
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Rana/ Sualeh,

What i can suggest is that yes Chari may be harmful if the wrong quantities are used. I am not the biggest fan of chari myself, but different formulas are available in the market. Alternative ground baits can also be used.

As for the chemical its just the generic name for a bait. There are various fomulas.

Khal ( Remains after oil has been extracted can be bought from any pansar shop). Amond Khal and Till khal mixed with gul kand ( Used in sweet pans) and boiled rice mixed and kneaded into a tight soft mix. This is also a very sucessful mixture.

The traditional chemical powder can be purchased, it includes chari powder, shakar and u need to add boiled rice and wala chemical is ready.

As for atta, boil small balls and when its half cooked take it out of water and wait for it to cool and mix vanilla essence or kawra ( Used in sweet rice) or haldi. What ever u think would be appropriate as per the enviornment.

A mixture of attas ( Wheat,maize and Millet or Bajra) is also sucessful. ( Caught gulfam or common carp on it at Tarbella.

Hope that helps out.
Quote:
Its best to share all ur experinces with fellow anglers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Shaphan
Are you back?
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:13 am 
Enlightened

thank you guys for such great suggestions and tips!

let me share a tip i got.

khal should be of sarsoon/brassica campestris and you brown it well before mixing with other elements. then instead of gulkand, you can use sheera of black ghur. Sooji/semolina and dalya/porridge can also be used as added elements.

don't know whether this will work or not, but saw the guy catching nice size fish on rawal lake using the same.

regards

Rana

Post subject: shaphan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Dont mix khal in charai and just mix shakar and boiled rice it will be a chemical. its a easy formula

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:06 pm 
Enlightened

thank you shah jee! I'll certainly follow your lead.

by the way congrads on your recent trip to Narhali Dam.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:06 am 
full catch an release is a good idea to stop all de poaching an for pike anglers that want roach for deads mayb they could get a permit to fish for them from a tackle shop for a small admin fee?

Post subject: Rohu????
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey u wanna Rohu??? so first forget these waste of time when u r sitting with some Ustads....... u should hv a right bait and Charai to beat all of them.....

the formula of bait:=
1. first attractract fishes from far side of waterbody using powder herbs....
2. Then give them some food they like.....
3. Then give some Heavy Alcoholic beverages.... Now they are drunken and paralyzed....
4. scattered some white powder on ur baited area.... they will seat there....
5. Now throw Proper hookbait....... they willl must take ur bait if ur bait is perfect......
6. to make perfect bait contact me........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 am 
Enlightened

help me also for some good size rohu.... baits and ground baits....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 am 

please...........