->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:30 pm 
Fishaholic

The history of kashmir has been fascinating.until recently when terrorism and insurgency had gripped it like a glove it had been one of repeated invasions from the northern mountains and passes.but lets go back 3000+ years and a time of hindu kings.when all people in kashmir were hindus.a time of plenty and peace.there are numerous ancient temples all over the valley.one such and the most magnficient ancient temple is at narayan nag.i have visited this beautiful valley of the wangat river in north west kashmir numerous times.due to the location of this trout beat right next to the ruins of this temple i have named the trout here the temple trout.this beat is again right up there in my top five in kashmir.
i'm too tired to write a detailed report.enjoy the photos.and cheers.

the temple of narayan.
view of the wangat from first temple.
the royal courtyard.
the second bigger shiva temple.
shiva temple again.

the sacred natural spring or nag of the temple.

the wangat trout stream
fisheries inspector and my gillie.

the bonfire to dry up after being drenched in the rain.

the catch in the first hour.it was raining after the first hour.

the days catch.all browns.

its time to meet the vet.
wangat valley.

some flies i used on the trip.
a super 3 lb rainbow.but thats a different story.to be contd.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:53 am 
Fishaholic

very unique temple structure... in some aspects looks a bit of greek.. and a nice bunch of flies too... do you tie them? really nice. lastly, bet the trout are a beautiful meal and there's definitely no harm taking a few, but will request you to ask your gillie to take pics of you with the live trout ... the pics will look so much more beautiful than the already are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 am 
Fishaholic

@hamour i dont tie my flies atleast not yet.its an effort explaining how to operate the camera to the locals.hence shots can be taken only once the angling is over.i tried to explain how to click pics while i was releasing some fish but to no avail.my photos were taken either on auto timer or by a passing tourist.the gillie could never click a decent photo.the panoramas are all by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats on the catch and very nice pics its a real treat for the eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Gautam, you have posted this topic in two places. Please delete one.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks apoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am 
Fishaholic

thanx mario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:16 am 
Fishaholic

apoo since this is a flyfishing topic it should be here in the flyfishing section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Beautiful pictures
Beautiful Catches
Congratulations Gautam
Keep on repeating it [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:59 pm 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
apoo since this is a flyfishing topic it should be here in the flyfishing section.

I meant to say any one of the post.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 pm 
Fishaholic

thanx lion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 am 
Fishaholic

Super fishing Gautam.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:12 pm 
Fishaholic

cheers santosh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm 
Fishaholic

were all 8 fish caught by you, the same day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm 
Fishaholic

yes why do u ask?in case ur worried about the bag limit dont bcoz i'm allowed to take as many.but for the record i had a permit for two rods hence i'm 4 fish short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 pm 
Fishaholic

oh ok...and what about Barot ( Wonderful Barot) with 11 fish in one day and 22 odd the next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm 
Fishaholic

r u a fisheries authority?i think not.what is the bag limit in himachal?this is an angling forum where anglers share their experiences etc.you should be concerned with the forum rules here if you really have to be bothered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm 
Fishaholic

well, as a responsible angler, i find it repulsive that fellow educated anglers can have such disdain for our sport.

Further, i think the forum should encourage people sticking to their bag limits [ which i believe, the spirit of this forum DOES agree with]. Bag limits only exist in limited areas, where fishing is contained through permits. Ignoring the Daily limit defeats the whole purpose of permits, which is the only way the government can control fishing stocks. By breaking the law, not only are you committing an illegal act, but you are also harming the overall fishery.

Obviously, the forum is not an enforcer , by any count, but displays of gross misconduct [ read "poaching"= surpassing daily bag limits] can be pointed out as inappropriate, illegal and disgusting!!

While talking about depleting reserves and overall degradation of the riverine ecosystems on one hand, such displays of "poaching" surely set a bad/wrong example ; especially for the younger generation of anglers.

To answer your question, no I'm not a fisheries authority, but I try to be a responsible angler. In case you bought a license/permit for HP fishing, the daily bag limit for trout is clearly mentioned at the back of the permit. The size limit for taking fish out is 400mm ( 16") for a maximum of 6 fish. Anything above that is poaching.

Also, by "technically" getting two rod licenses, you may very well be within the legal limits, but in spirit the daily bag limit defines the number of fish a person takes home, not how many rods that person carries!! The way I understand it, if you're culling 8 fish, you're 2 over the moral limit.

Disclaimer : Catch and Release is a personal choice, defined by one's own inner compass. Poaching is very well defined by the law of the land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm 
Fishaholic

spare me with with your sentiments.i have total disdain towards such anamolies.there is no mention of any size or bag limit in himachal.besides i dont like explaining anything to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 pm 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
spare me with with your sentiments.i have total disdain towards such anamolies.there is no mention of any size or bag limit in himachal.besides i dont like explaining anything to you.

Just in case you didn't recognize that, its a scanned copy of the back side of a Himachal fishing permit. Point 1 defines the minimum size, Point 9 defines the daily bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

whatever.the copy that i have doesnt have a back print.it would have taken me two days to scan something.my office peon does it for me.look pal i dont recognize you as a flyfisher or anything.you are in a free public forum so go find some other public to scan to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 pm 
Fishaholic

irrespective of what your copy of the permit looks like, first you say no such limits/rule exist, now you say YOUR copy doesn't have the rule printed!!

What-ever?!

Public forum, buddy...'nuff said.

Deal is, you poached. Whether you admit it or not...... should be discouraged on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm 
Fishaholic

there is no deal or poaching from my side.u have the copy with rules u follow them dilligently like a boyscout.and stop intruding into my terrain.

Last edited by king fisher on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Irony
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:55 pm 

@ kingfisher

Pretty ironical that you were talking about

"omesh, the issue is the way the catch has become considereably smaller and less due to over fishing.earlier it was restricted to a few known anglers and officials .that way the dept. regulated the permits strictly.now it has allowed anyone to fish.i dont come in the general/middle category.this is kashmir.only influential people were allowed to fish at one time.if you read carefully i've said upperclass not uppercaste.so for me its a disappointing thing that something reserved exclusively for me has been breached by commoners. "

coming to think of it, that is a pretty bourgeois comment..

"dear all. yes that is wat i meant.its just annoying that the fragile ecosystem in kashmir is being compromised."

In this thread - http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=3709 :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 pm 
Fishaholic

do u even know wat bourgeois is?wat i wrote was for then.forget about it now.times and situation is changing.i'm not the only one flyfishing in kashmir.but when i do go for a trip i thoroughly enjoy my self with a few extras thrown in by friends.i do not fish according to this forum rules.i fish according to the situation,place and other factors.the forum rules are just guidelines for anglers here.its upto the individual to follow or not.i share a few write ups and some photos with the anglers here and thats about it.but i will not tolerate any more explaining.you like wat you see and read in my posts gr8.i have shared it with you.if you dont i have no issues.go to the other guys post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:41 am 
Fishaholic

whats wrong with u guys??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:26 pm 
Fishaholic

ask the other guy dr.i am sitting in peace and tranquility.its my home and i am priviliged here in j&k.we dont like outsiders telling us wat to do here.this person namely bobbychyma had better realise we have our own rules here.i can find tons of lies,mistakes and discrepansies in his posts .but i dont bcoz i dont like wasting my time and energy on emptiness and shallow things.i enjoy myself and have gr8 friends.nobody likes to be bothered by mosquitoes hovering in their ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:28 pm 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
i do not fish according to this forum rules.i fish according to the situation,place and other factors.the forum rules are just guidelines for anglers here.

May i ask what brings you to this forum then???

Quote:
its upto the individual to follow or not.i share a few write ups and some photos with the anglers here and thats about it.but i will not tolerate any more explaining.you like wat you see and read in my posts gr8.i have shared it with you.if you dont i have no issues.go to the other guys post.

To be frank mister kingfisher i find most of post very unconvincing. These are my opinion which are derived purely on the basis of your prior posts.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:17 pm 
Fishaholic

frankly i dont care about your opinion mr.teritex.guidelines apart the forum has other matter too, which are of interest to me.you wouldnt have a story to share recently would you?wat is unconvincing is your trying to even give an opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 pm 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
ask the other guy dr.i am sitting in peace and tranquility.its my home and i am priviliged here in j&k.we dont like outsiders telling us wat to do here.this person namely bobbychyma had better realise we have our own rules here.i can find tons of lies,mistakes and discrepansies in his posts .but i dont bcoz i dont like wasting my time and energy on emptiness and shallow things.i enjoy myself and have gr8 friends.nobody likes to be bothered by mosquitoes hovering in their ears.

Dear Kingfisher : I'm not telling you what to do or how to do it. I merely pointed out that you had poached in those instances and poaching is not the norm here, on this forum. The Moderators can correct me , if I'm wrong OR if i'm taking liberties in assuming the tone and acceptable content on this open and public forum. I will keep my views to myself, in case the moderators so advise me.

It's interesting when you say "you have your own rules here". I would have assumed that the Government lays down the rules, which are meant to be adhered to vis-a-vis the permits and allowances. I'm sorry, i did not know that you are above the law.

If by "outsiders" you meant me, allow me to illuminate you with the fact that I'm a naturally born Citizen of the Republic of India. Last I checked, the parts of J&K i fished in, still belong to this republic. Being a Citizen, gives me my birth-right to visit anywhere in my country.

Spare US your xenophobia.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi,

I am not aware or want to address the topic of rod limit or rules of the fisheries dept. However, I must admit that I myself as a member of this forum stand for certain values like, concern for the environment, catch and release ( keep one or two for the pot of course ) . But It really saddens me to see mass butchery of species. I should also mention the Murrel mass murder in Hyderabad in this instant. Guys if its glorification that you are looking for in this forum , i suggest you post better pictures of fish caught and released rather than dead and gutted specimens.!!

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 pm 
Fishaholic

and spare me your macabre comments. by outsiders i mean visitors,tourists which is what you are when you travel to my state.you are not a state subject.just to enlighten you j&k has special status in indian constitution even the indian penal code doesnt apply here to the state subjects.and lastly i've poached nothing here or in himachal.maybe you're trying to cover up something you did when you visited my state or the next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:18 pm 
Fishaholic

jeen wrote:
Hi,

I am not aware or want to address the topic of rod limit or rules of the fisheries dept. However, I must admit that I myself as a member of this forum stand for certain values like, concern for the environment, catch and release ( keep one or two for the pot of course ) . But It really saddens me to see mass butchery of species. I should also mention the Murrel mass murder in Hyderabad in this instant. Guys if its glorification that you are looking for in this forum , i suggest you post better pictures of fish caught and released rather than dead and gutted specimens.!!

Jeen

thanks Jeen...I'm relieved someone got my point and articulated it better than me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:36 pm 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
s.and lastly i've poached nothing here or in himachal. the next.

give it up man, already!! im peacing out here!!

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=3190

This is YOUR post, YOUR thread. Picture 1 shows 11 dead trout, picture 11 and 12 show 22 dead trout. Your pictures, your post...your admission!! Legal limit is 6 per day, minimum size 400mm (16"). What's with the denial? That wasn't your post, or your pictures??

in case your don't understand the meaning of poaching : http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Poaching

Get over it....

Peace OUT!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 pm 
Fishaholic

you dont get the message do u.stay away from my posts and my rivers and destinations and me.there can be no peace if you continue with your conundrum.pictures are showing nice trout for the table.in case you dont the meaning of stay away then god help u.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:38 pm 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
you dont get the message do u.stay away from my posts and my rivers and destinations and me.there can be no peace if you continue with your conundrum.pictures are showing nice trout for the table.in case you dont the meaning of stay away then god help u.

Moderators : please let me know if this behavior is tolerated on this forum. in case it is, i'll get my cue.

for the record, King fisher sent me this PM, previously :

To: bobbychyma
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:47 pm
Subject: hardboiled Quote message
stop writing to me or in my thread.i dont appreciate aliens in my state.you know nothing about flyfishing.

King Fisher :I'll fish where i want, how i want to. In this country i don't know of ANY private rivers...so chill out dude....you don't own JACK!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:09 am 
Fishaholic

bobbychyma you're a nothing and nobody.period.specially now we in j&k are making a special clause just for people like you.if u are not aware the rivers here belong to us people of the state not to india and we make the rules here.you're from some other part of the country.friends,visitors,tourists are allowed and will be sent to places as we deem fit.as far as owning anything is concerned you cant own even an inch here.whereas owning anything elsewhere you dont even count in it.i own a lot and that includes a lot of jills.you should have taken my message seriously.

Last edited by king fisher on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:13 am 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
frankly i dont care about your opinion mr.teritex.guidelines apart the forum has other matter too, which are of interest to me.you wouldnt have a story to share recently would you?wat is unconvincing is your trying to even give an opinion.

its pointless I guess hope you wind this grudge sooner..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 am 
Fishaholic

king fisher wrote:
bobbychyma you're a nothing and nobody.period.specially now we in j&k are making a special clause just for people like you.the rivers here belong to us people of the state not to india and we make the rules here.you're from some other part of the country.friends,visitors,tourists are allowed and will be sent to places as we deem fit.as far as owning anything is concerned you cant own even an inch here.whereas owning anything elsewhere you dont even count.i own a lot and that includes a lot of jills.you should have taken my message seriously.

he he he.....ok boss...whatever you say...im shaking in my pants.

PS: My lineage also traces to the Jammu Hills, my immediate family hails from the region..so D-Uh! (land an' all.....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 am 
Fishaholic

I will keep this topic closed till Bops decides what to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Guys this is an angling forum. Please limit your discussions to angling only. Topic has been opened purely to discuss the original post, lets leave it at that.

Cheers
IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 am 
Enlightened

a few more with king fisher's mentality and they will massacre every trout in those rivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:53 am 
Fishaholic

respected bops, mods, and gents... i believe that there was some sort of decision that the adim was discussing about posting only live caught fish.. or no posting at all...

it is a FARCE.. to call the forum pro catch and release when 90+ % show dead fish.. every person that joins wants to learn to fish.. but does not want to conserve.. eating fish is good , nothing wrong to eat what you catch.. but the greed i see in some cases or the i'll do what i want because i can attitude is really wrong.. respected mods and admin i request you to consider laying down clearer rules and considering bans when necessary.

Last edited by hamour on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm 
Fishaholic

hi henry... its been a long while ..seeing you on the forum.. how are you?... any plans to visit pune?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 am 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
respected bops, mods, and gents... i believe that there was some sort of decision that the adim was discussing about posting only live caught fish.. or no posting at all...

it is a FARCE.. to call the forum pro catch and release when 90+ % show dead fish.. every person that joins wants to learn to fish.. but does not want to conserve.. eating fish is good , nothing wrong to eat what you catch.. but the greed i see in some cases or the i'll do what i want because i can attitude is really wrong.. respected mods and admin i request you to consider laying down clearer rules and considering bans when necessary.

This forum is pro catch & release and there are no two ways about it. Considering the attitudes and practices of Indian Angling, and the absence of any official or social guidelines, the only thing this forum can do is to educate and discuss the merit of catch & release. Before calling the effort of many members and this forum a "Farce", you should pause and think about the effort we all are putting to bring all anglers on a common platform. Shall we ban and alienate all the members who are not practice catch & release, or shall we create an atmosphere where every angler consider, not only catch & release but also spot management, safe handling and total environment protection, his duty.

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=3770

The above is one of the example.

I presume, you are a C&R angler but where was the concept of voluntarily C&R before this forum.

Food for thought ?

As a member of this site, you to are equally responsible to participate, propogate, educate and motivate others.

For a paradigm shift in attitude of masses, the mantra is “Participation”.

Regards,

Ali.

Just for your referance, the above auther of this thread had been banned long ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:41 am 
Fishaholic

my sincere apology alibhai and other mods and admin.. my statement " farce" was not made in anger .. but definitely despair.. alibhai ..i surely did not intend to say the effort of many here are a farce.. i do know there are many who practice sustainable angling.. please forgive me if y'all feel i have not participated.. or am not participatory.. i did realize that a while back i volunteered to put up some guidelines on cnr etc.. i apologize i have failed to do so as yet.. in that regard i am guilty. personally... i do believe in cnr.. and do practice it.. but it also goes without saying that i too take a couple for the pot.. as per the specie, availability, size and sex. as for me yes the concept of voluntary cnr did exist before i joined this forum.. that i owe to my grandfather... and later in life to some angling friends in the gulf.

once again my apologies to any and all whom i may have offended.. God bless. and tight lines. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 am 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
once again my apologies to any and all whom i may have offended.. God bless. and tight lines. :D

Why apologies friend. No one has taken any offence. We all are friends here and as such discuss our openions. No one will be more happy than me if someone is trying to promote the C&R subject.

Keep on trying.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:53 pm 
Fishaholic

King Fisher, please grow up. Not much more is required.

All fellow anglers must appreciate that civil behavior and good manners come first and angling next.

I have a view that you can return a lot more fish than you do. If you appreciate this concern and do so it would be great.

When I caught my first Mahseer in Yamuna Nagar I released a lot of fish. A lot of friends asked me to bring my catch for them but I took out around one fish in four.

Conservation will come to you from within and that will be the true conservation.

BTW, you should have been a boxer or a wrestler. How come you took to angling?

All the best. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 am 
Fishaholic

ashok.. bro.. he cant read your post .. he's been banned. read ali's post to me bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
he's been banned.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Its a good thing as it instills a small sort of fear in us members which in turn will make every member think twice before they post anything on the forum! Some of the people were born with golden and silver spoons good for them but that doesn't make them any more human than people who've not been born with a noble metal metal spoon! Basically a sport is for everyone to indulge in and not necessarily a rich person will excel at it! The flip side is the rich person can make changes to the laws and orders around them with use of money and influence and boycott the common people from indulging in it! Now this kind of attitude brings lots of bad air and grudges! There are some very respected human beings on this forum! It is sad the author of this thread did not pay heed to many of them and continued acting in an arrogant manner, despite being told time and again! I feel its a lesson for all of us! Thank you IA!