->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 pm 
Fishaholic

wow thats a big one! Congratulations once again.....

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Wow, thats another one...gr8 pic Ali Bhai.

I have one query about the rig...was able to make a small one, but faced two challenges out of which I need help on one. How to perfect the spring making?

Also, just re-looked at the diagram above and am wondering about the length of the rubber tube and the foam...cos the one that I got from cyclewala was not that flexible...unless I increase the length...what is the ideal length for the tube? Do we need to color the foam as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Those are some Huge Cats there. Awesome.

Olympus FE26 is a good camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 pm 
Fishaholic

wow man great looking fish BTW who took the pic :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 pm 
Fishaholic

raj wrote:
Those are some Huge Cats there. Awesome.

Olympus FE26 is a good camera.

You bet it is!......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation

Another great pic of the time gone by.... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am 
Enlightened

Alibhai!!!! This ones even bigger ... Good one. The Fish tank idea on the Machan does not seem like such a bad idea now lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Ali Bhai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm 
Fishaholic

[quote]I have one query about the rig...was able to make a small one, but faced two challenges out of which I need help on one. How to perfect the spring making?[quote]

hi mm, just made the feeder rig. take a 'belan' ( the one used by the wife to beat the hell out of the poor husband) and wrap the wire around it and pull the belan out. :D

Last edited by dr aamir bhavnagri on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm 
Fishaholic

dr aamir bhavnagri wrote:
MM wrote:
Wow, thats another one...gr8 pic Ali Bhai.

I have one query about the rig...was able to make a small one, but faced two challenges out of which I need help on one. How to perfect the spring making?
Quote:

hi mm, just made the feeder rig. take a 'belan' ( the one used by the wife to beat the hell out of the poor husband) and wrap the wire around it and pull the belan out. :D

perfect :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 am 
Fishaholic

now thats a beauty Ali bhai... just too good...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks every one for the kind comments. Are not these beauties growing :!: .. Eagerly waiting for the time when these fishes will be fully grown. What fun it will be.. Just dreaming. :lol:

MM wrote:
How to perfect the spring making?

Also, just re-looked at the diagram above and am wondering about the length of the rubber tube and the foam...cos the one that I got from cyclewala was not that flexible...unless I increase the length...what is the ideal length for the tube? Do we need to color the foam as well?

Winding the wire on any roller (I use my wife's lipstick tube :wink: ) and then rolling the end of wire on the center tube (Refill etc) is the way I do it.

The length of rubber tube is 1/2 to 1 inch.

The HD Foam float is readily available but you can always use a rubber ball or a big thermocole ball in place.

Just some tips....
1- For cat fish keep the feeder just under water. 100 to 200 mm is enough. Bait the hook also.
2- For Silver carp and Catla, feeder should be placed 1-2 feet below surface, do not bait the hook. balancing the hook with a small thermofoam or sponge will increase the hook up percentage.
3- For Rohu, hair rig with a boilee under the feeder is the best way to go. Place your feeder 2-3 feet below surface.
4-In windy condition add a small free weight above the float.
5-First try to locate rolling fishes and then cast your feeder accordingly. Do not spray the feed every where. Casting your feeder accurately on one place every time is the way to go.

Happy hunting and tight lines.

Regards,

Ali.

PS- I am hoping to hear report of a great catch on floating feeder from Bhakhra soon. Another tip.... Milk powder and sugar are liked by Silver and green color bait is the way for Grass Carp. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm 
Fishaholic

hi ali bhai, thanks for the inputs on feeder fishing. i thought the feeder and the hooks should be on or near the bottom for rohu. if the depth of the canal is 15- 20 feet would the floating feeder work for rohu and mrigal? moreover if fish are rolling on the surface, does that mean they are feeding? if yes, are they feeding near the surface or the bottom?

regards,

aamir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 pm 
Fishaholic

dr aamir bhavnagri wrote:
hi ali bhai, thanks for the inputs on feeder fishing. i thought the feeder and the hooks should be on or near the bottom for rohu. if the depth of the canal is 15- 20 feet would the floating feeder work for rohu and mrigal? moreover if fish are rolling on the surface, does that mean they are feeding? if yes, are they feeding near the surface or the bottom?

regards,

aamir.

Rohu is a surface feeder while Mirgal is a bottom feeder. If the flow of water in the canal is fast, using surface feeder will be difficult otherwise if targeting Rohu, surface feeder will work nicely.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Ali Bhai and Doc...I hope I am able to do the needful at Bhakra this time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm 
Fishaholic

A small question! Can ear buds be used to make a feeder?! I came across some really sturdy earbuds which don't even bent and are real hard to cut! they are half the length of a refill and I made a feeder with it which worked fine in therms of making the spring and ball of bait et all! Can sturdy earbuds be used to make the feeder they are much easier to find and are not as messy as a refill that might have not been used fully or is new?... Plus does the feeder work in waters with lots of flow and current?

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
A small question! Can ear buds be used to make a feeder?! I came across some really sturdy earbuds which don't even bent and are real hard to cut! they are half the length of a refill and I made a feeder with it which worked fine in therms of making the spring and ball of bait et all! Can sturdy earbuds be used to make the feeder they are much easier to find and are not as messy as a refill that might have not been used fully or is new?... Plus does the feeder work in waters with lots of flow and current?

Regards,

Yes, it can also be used. If the current is so strong that your feeder is drifting then no, you can not use feeder in flowing water otherwise, you can use it any where.

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 pm 

Hi ali bhai, Myself Jayadevan from Kerala..

Am learning from your posts these days, and am going to experiment with your rig shown in the sketch above to try catla...

With the above floating rig if the river current is very high then what should we do ? at that time can we go for the bottom feeder rig which is in post :

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?p=57926