->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Take lessons from Japan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:15 am 
Fishaholic

First of all, lets join hands in praying for our Japanese brothers and Sisters, who have suffered badly due to the devastating earthquake and ensuing tsunami. May God bless those who have departed and give strength to others who are still suffering.

It is very easy to believe that in front of natural calamities, every one is helpless and preventing such disaster is not in the hand of man. We all have seen how the water entered the inhabited coast of Japan washing every thing in its way. The first thought that came to my mind as I watched in horror, the wall of water racing towards the coast, was that there were no mangroves. A few kilometer of buffer zone between the sea and inhabitation would have mitigated this huge devastation.

This is the time when we must pause in our mad race for modernization and reflect what direction we are taking.

As a race, advancement and modernization are our need for survival, but we should decide what cost we are paying for that. It should not happen that we wake up one day, realizing our mistake but realize that it is too late to do any thing.

Japan, the most advance country of our time is now battling with a radiation situation, and what implications it will have, is not measurable.

As a country, we should also take a lesson and being part of the civil society, realize, that where we are heading.

It is still not too late.

Regards,

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:50 am 
Fishaholic

My heart goes out to those affected by this Calamity and Prayers for the deceased :cry: :cry:
Only moments before they had the best of everything in the world :(

The tsunami that hit Japan today was comparable to the one in the Indian Ocean in December 2004, except for one big difference — in the number of people killed. The 2004 tsunami killed more than 2 lakh people, including over 10000 in India
luckily the early warning system saved Japan from worst of tsunami's wrath and they also have a very prompt rescue operations and I hope our EWS is also up and Working :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 pm 
Fishaholic

My heartfelt Prayer is for those affected by the ravaging disasters in Japan :( :(

I was deeply shocked and saddened by such a calamity :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Very true Ali.
Nature is much more powerful than us.
You respect nature, else..........