->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Garbage Bags
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,

I have not fished with bait for the last 25 years +, so getting back to this was a bit of a new experience. Personally I am not an advocate of bait fishing (I have my own reasons) but circumstances have put me into a situation where I have to.

Anyway, given this new avenue, I have realized that when you fish with bait you tend to produce more garbage that what you do when you fish with lures and collecting the dirt is really a pain in the rear. I have started taking a garbage bag with me, with strict instructions to my fishing buddies who are my kids, that all garbage goes immediately into the garbage bag as I do not like the idea of having to search around in the dark with a torch for all the mess we have made.

I was surprised how easy things get with a garbage bag and when things are immediately dumped into it, all wast paper, bottles, cans, discarded line etc. goes straight in (discarded line is a real pain in pockets as some of you guys already know). If you are worried of the wind, stone inside it keeps it down. This garbage bag is a real blessing, you just pick it up when you leave and dump it at the next garbage disposal point.

Please give it a try.

Bobby

Last edited by Bobby on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 am 
Fishaholic

good point. anything to do with environmental damage should be taken seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Real good suggestion there mate.

I am going to make sure the truck always has some garbage bags in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:12 pm 
Fishaholic

A Very nice thing to do Bobby keep it up!.

Leed the way and lets hope that others will follow. [smilie=happyspin.gif] [smilie=happyspin.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Well said Bobby, I could not agree more. There is nothing worse than turning up to a fishing spot to be met with the sight of a pile of rubbish. If everyone follows your advice the coasts and lakesides will be a far more pleasant place for us and the local fauna and flora!

all the best, Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

well said mate...
i do the same and feel alot happier
i try to do my bit....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Bobby,
You have brought to light a very important point that all anglers need to remember & practice
Although I have fished with many anglers but never have seen anybody sincerely taking along their own garbage away from the waterfront, lets hope this post leaves them enlightened :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:16 pm 
Fishaholic

I do that! I carry a couple bags to dump all the dirt in, however there is one sic menace that needs awareness about and that is bio degradation! Its a simple concept! things that can degrade over time with natures biological process and things that don't degrade over time..... Some locals have now understood after me frying them about plastic not degrading for over 100 years and the earth breathes the way we do... the soil does too and at this rate if it stops breathing it will stop producing food..... which might force us human beings to consume chemically prepared food over the years..... I'm happy things are changing esp. with the locals as you might find 30-40 of them when compared to a couple guys with rods n reels..... Having said all of this now the only sick problem that's being faced is that locals shit all over the banks of the river.... Now there's no stopping it! and somehow they've chosen the best fishing spots to take a dump! Any way of stopping this? I was contemplating buying an airgun..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
.... Having said all of this now the only sick problem that's being faced is that locals shit all over the banks of the river.... Now there's no stopping it! and somehow they've chosen the best fishing spots to take a dump! Any way of stopping this? I was contemplating buying an airgun..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ha ha haaa :lol: :lol: JANI
next time you can just write " there are peacocks on the river banks " and all will guess it [smilie=lol.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:53 pm 
Fishaholic

bob's an excellent point there will definitely do so next time i go bait fishing or fishing with lures [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 am 

a point on discarded line, please cut it up if going to garbage site as a ball of nylon can tangle scavenging birds legs and will kill them, i have seen it happen at tips and on the river banks also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:13 am 
Fishaholic

Point noted.

Will start doing this starting coming season. We do actually carry big garbage bags but those are for storing big catches :). I must say I have quite a few left in my boot. Will use them now.

Thanks for suggestion bobby.

Cheers- DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:52 am 
Fishaholic

to prevent spots along the rivers being used as "dumping" grounds, do what some smart people in mumbai have done on their streets....paint the names or pictures of the pantheons of dieties that people pay homage to, on the rocks and trees along the banks that are fishing spots... you won't find anyone dumping there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 am 
Fishaholic

Wow Darryl! good point man! this can be looked at in the future! I'm avoiding the spot now as I don't want to catch any more tilapia!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes, a must do for a responsible angler. Also when we go to see the great outdoors we much dispose off our garbage ourselves.

More importantly the kids get to know what is right and what is not.