->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Please enter you comments here and let us help clean up a river.

http://o3.indiatimes.com/mytimes/archiv ... 62265.aspx

Its just a start - let it not end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:33 pm 
Fishaholic

cheers susheel !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:52 pm 
Fishaholic

hi susheel
i was in pune for more than 9years............
and in those 9 years pune changed alot... a huge price is paid on the name of development and industrilization...
its not only rivers of pune but trees and climate that has changed..............
there was a mission to entirely remove a hilltop forest on the name of widening of roads..............
there is alot that is going on but then everything is being sacrificed on the name of DEVELOPMENT
regards
hozefa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:23 pm 
Fishaholic

sad state of affairs. wonder if things will ever improve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,

I first came to Pune in 1976 & thereafter on & off for 25 years before finally settling down in 1998. I have seen a beautiful city deteriorate into a cess pool thanks to the negligence & plan stupidity of town muncipal authorities & politicians. I remember going for bird watching trips to the Mula Muthe river near kalyani nagar with Dr salim Ali in 1976 - 1978.We used to get thousands of winged visitors from abroad during these winter months. In these days, if a bird dare take a sip from the polluted waters of Mula - Mutha, it will be a one way trip to the golden gates.
The basic issue is of controlling development. Before the muncipality sanctions development of any area, the basics like drainage, electricity, water supply pipelines,sewage treatment plants, etc should be in place. This basic infrastructure should cater for any increase in the populations for the next twenty years at least. The sad fact is that the muncipality is controlled by politicians & bureaucrats whose sole aim is to make a fast buck in the quickest time possible. Good town planners exist in Pune but their skills are best used by cities like Dubai, Singapore, etc.
The way things are going in Pune we are looking at a major ecological catastrophe.
Regards
cavalier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 pm 

Sorry to revive this thread, but id just like to say that events should be organized to clean up the river. Bishops KLN has been organizing events of the sort every year, and i participated the last two years, cleaning up the stretch under the Mulla Mutha bridge next to adlabs.. I remember our group of about 20 people collected about 30 kg or so or garbage, and this was barely over a stretch of 50 square meters, and we hadnt even cleaned up the place fully ! And the next week when i passed the bridge, i promise you it looked like we hadnt done anything in the first place. But i guess it's all done one step at a time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Pune's recent news headlines mentioned loads of dead fish and birds.... situation is only deteriorating.... With most companies and malls etc. coming to Pune, the population is also on an increase. God save this place.... As an angler..... save me the misery! I almost burst into tears at times. I'm 25 now, been coming here since I was 7. settled when I was 17. the last 8 years has merely seen the place being killed. God help Pune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
Pune's recent news headlines mentioned loads of dead fish and birds.... situation is only deteriorating.... With most companies and malls etc. coming to Pune, the population is also on an increase. God save this place.... As an angler..... save me the misery! I almost burst into tears at times. I'm 25 now, been coming here since I was 7. settled when I was 17. the last 8 years has merely seen the place being killed. God help Pune.

Amen !! :cry: :cry: Mithi nadi of mumbai, once a flowing river is now nothing but an open sewage drain :twisted: