->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Banax ST-7000C Reel
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:39 pm 

Hi Guys,
Recently I bought Banax ST-7000C Reel. I am not able to understand the specifications mentioned on it(i.e Gear ratio etc). Here is the link to the product. Can any one help in reading these specifications.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DX

I would like to know the things which we need to consider before bying the reels. I am planning to buy one more (Daiwa) in October. So I would like to know how to choose good reel.

-Manish
Maldives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

Manish from the specs, it looks like it is a freshwater reel and will not suit your usage in Maldives. The line capacity isn't sufficient either. If you have some one coming from India to Maldives let me know, I will organise a good reel that is suitable for your use.

Cheers
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:58 am 
Fishaholic

I've just done a translation via altavista babelfish. This makes it clear that there are both saltwater and freshwater models in the range.

The reel is prety basic though and I'm not sure how well it will stand up to satwater beasties in the tropics.

As for sizes, Banax appear to be following the Shimano lead.
If that's what they're doing, all of the reels with sizes smaller than 4000 will be strictly feshwater only.
The 4000 will be a medium size reel suitable for freshwater or light saltwater applications and the 7000 will be the big heavy beach fishing reel.

A good guide is the reels weight. If you have an existing reel, stick it on the scales and compare it to what is quoted in the link.

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:44 am 

Ken L wrote:
A good guide is the reels weight. If you have an existing reel, stick it on the scales and compare it to what is quoted in the link.

A excellent tip Ken ! Except when comparing to a metal reel, which are getting rare anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 am 
Site Admin

A very good buy right now is the new Okuma Salina. It's a V-System with a few bearings less but with all the other features. It is all metal including the rotor and at $89 won't break the bank either.

Bopanna

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:23 pm 

Dear Bops,

Thanks for your offer, I am leaving maldives for good in November. surely I will take your help to buy in India.

This one is ST-7000, as per Ken it can be used in Salt water too!!!! Try to mangage it in the next 3 months.

Wishes
Manish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:17 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Manish,
Use it since you have already bought it. I believe you are still confused about this reel. You are into casting and not spinning. Use it dude!! If you break it buy another one……
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Manish

I am using Banax ST 7000C since the last couple of yrs. Its a good real, the only problem is that it is very heavy (all metal body). it works well when you manage to hook a big fish. i have caught few 8-12 kg fish with this real and it realy worked well. Has a very reliable drag, something important when you are playing a big fish. The only poblem, its too heavy.
Its specifications are
Gear Ratio - 4.7:1
Line Capacity - 15 lb (400 m), 19 lb (270 m), 29 lb (180 m)

enjoy fishing with ST 7000C
Cheers
Sualeh

Post subject: thank you!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:33 pm 

Hi guys, Thanks alot for info!!!