->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:02 pm 

Today during the fishing, My pole got a big jerk and I lost my line and my roller also got damaged (I dont know the technical name, the bottom part of the pole with which we roll the line).

I think the line and the roller could not cope up with the weight of fish it seems. some how I managed to repair a bit. I need to check how it works in the next weekend.

The one which I am having right now is not very expensive abt 600/- Indian ruppes.

Today's experience made me to think about the quality gear.
Just I would like to Know the prices of the standard fishing gear in India.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Manish

There is no standard pricing for fishing gear in India since most of what is available here is imported. It just depends on your luck.

A good usable rod for baitfishing from the shore should be priced around Rs. 2500.

Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Generally, gear is cheaper in India than Europe and about the same as prices in the US for most items.
However (and it's a big "however") the quality is not the same with mono line in particuler often sitting arround and slowly deterioprating over time.
the other problem is the limited availability of kit that's actually appropriate to IUndian conditions - which is why rods, reels etc are such a big issue on this forum with many members opting to buy from US websites like Cabelas or Basspro.