->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:32 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Need advice..
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 pm 

Hi friends, I'm new to this forum, writing U from North Bengal. I need an advice from experts. Recently on an fishing tour to river teesta, accidentally, the ceramic guide of the tip of my rod has been broken,but the ring is ok, Have any way to replace the ceramic guide ? The rod model is Diwa Sealine Surf.
Regards
Amit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:45 pm 
Fishaholic

get a guide some twine and some araldite and fix the new guide...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:14 pm 

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
get a guide some twine and some araldite and fix the new guide...

Thanks Omesh, can U say, where can i get the ceramic guide for the tip ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:54 pm 

Hi,

Buy a new rod tip(Check your messages),Just heat the guide tip with a cigarette lighter don't heat too much, Then you can remove the tip with a nose player or with some cloth. Clean the tip of the rod with a knife or blade, Then put little amount of twine at the tip of the road and add some fevi quick on it a and place the new guide tip. Check the position of the guide..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

yes I mean't rod tip. you can ask site admin Indianangler (Bopanna) or can check with anglers in your area there are a few websites that also offer tackle. you can check and purchase a guide and then follow the steps given by rimpochey. Welcome to the club. These are the precise things about fishing that become tedious and require patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:55 am 

rimpochey wrote:
Hi,

Buy a new rod tip(Check your messages),Just heat the guide tip with a cigarette lighter don't heat too much, Then you can remove the tip with a nose player or with some cloth. Clean the tip of the rod with a knife or blade, Then put little amount of twine at the tip of the road and add some fevi quick on it a and place the new guide tip. Check the position of the guide..

Hi, Rimpochey, I think, your advice is quite practical ! I will go for it. Thanks brother. By the way.....today evening......have caught 2 kalboush[ Lebio kalbasu] in Teesta Dam near Jalpaiguri ! Great experience !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 am 

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
yes I mean't rod tip. you can ask site admin Indianangler (Bopanna) or can check with anglers in your area there are a few websites that also offer tackle. you can check and purchase a guide and then follow the steps given by rimpochey. Welcome to the club. These are the precise things about fishing that become tedious and require patience.

Thanks Omesh, I think, Rimpochey's advice is quite practical ! However, today evening, have got 2 decent kalboush [ Lebio kalbasu ] I don't know what U call it ! Those were awesome fish........great fight enjoyed !.....sorry didn't have any camera to show images !

Post subject: Rod tip repair
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Amit,

Just saw your thread, so the late reply. If you already repaired it, my advice would be of no use. The method to repair a rod tip is as under:-

1. Heat the broken rod tip lightly with a lighter while rotating. The glue inside will melt & the tip will come off. Use very fine sandpaper to smooth the rod tip surface & wipe clean.

2. Procure the same type of rod tip from any of the Fishing tackle sites. Make sure, inner diameter of the replacement tip matches the external diameter of the rod tip. Minimal clearance.

3. Procure the glue stick of a Hot melt Glue gun ( Radio repair shops) . Cut a tiny sliver of the glue stick & keep inside rod tip. Hold rod tip with a cutting plier & heat with lighter. Once the glue melts, insert the rod tip inside. Bring tip in alignment with other guides. Check.

4. Once glue cools, you will have a properly fixed tip. Dont use Araldite or Quick fix (Cyranoacrylate). The become hard after drying & can cause the tip to break when a fish is on. In addition, you cannot change a broken tip again. You will have to cut it off.

Regards
Cavalier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:32 pm 

Cavalier,
Appreciate the detailed step by step, correct procedure to change the rod tip. I am sure this will help me in the future.
Luckily I haven't damaged my rod tips yet!! alternatively... haven't utilized my rods fully yet!! ;-)

Thanks,
Pradeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm 
Fishaholic

pravenka wrote:
Cavalier,
Appreciate the detailed step by step, correct procedure to change the rod tip. I am sure this will help me in the future.
Luckily I haven't damaged my rod tips yet!! alternatively... haven't utilized my rods fully yet!! ;-)

Thanks,
Pradeep

ditto! thank you Col.