->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fox Travel Rods
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm 
Fishaholic

I have just purchased a Fox 4 piece travel rod 8ft. length(assembled)and rated for 12-35 lb. line.

It is named "Sailfish Trek Spin" and comes in a nice carry tube that looks solidly built, as does the rod.

I have read a good review of Fox travel rods in FISHING WILD magazine and wondered if any of the members have any firsthand info. on this and Fox rods in general? These are not well known in Australia.

I intend to use it for mahseer and shore fishing when travelling to India and other destinations, mated with either a Stella 5000SW reel or a 460/560 Slammer (depending on how safe the locality is for expensive equipment)!

Kingfish

Post subject: Re: Fox Travel Rods
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:

(depending on how safe the locality is for expensive equipment)!

Kingfish

Can you please elaborate on this one??? Are you presuming this or is that one of your experiences you had in the past. Please share :)

DeZZ

Post subject: Re: Fox Travel Rods
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:23 pm 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:
I have just purchased a Fox 4 piece travel rod 8ft. length(assembled)and rated for 12-35 lb. line.

It is named "Sailfish Trek Spin" and comes in a nice carry tube that looks solidly built, as does the rod.

I have read a good review of Fox travel rods in FISHING WILD magazine and wondered if any of the members have any firsthand info. on this and Fox rods in general? These are not well known in Australia.

I intend to use it for mahseer and shore fishing [b]when travelling to India and other destinations, mated with either a Stella 5000SW reel or a 460/560 Slammer (depending on how safe the locality is for expensive equipment)!

hello there kingfish alias Singh If you are working for the Australian tourism dept , I must say you are very good at it [smilie=romanjury.gif] , in almost all your posts you have blown the Australian pungi very well { Indian name for trumpet }
well I have absolutely no problem there!!! but !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: you being an Indian , Please do not show India in a bad light, for your kind info, in INDIA we even have houses with no doors in a whole village read this ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shani_Shingnapur
do you have any such place in australia ???
It happens only in INDIA [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] and believe me !!! In India you will be more safe than amongst the kangaroos there and still if you have doubts please come to India handsfree { without your tackle } and I promise to let you use my uglystik & multiballbearing reel for some desi action :P

@ Dezz will call you next week when I come back from my trip :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:25 pm 
Fishaholic

You need not worry about SAFETY in INDIA or any where in the world, as long as you take care of your stuffs.

Even the locals nowadays have a tackle box filled with lures and spoons. They too use the latest reels and rods to land the Barras and Ravas (Threadfin Salmon).

Raj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 am 
Fishaholic

Gentlemen,

You have taken my comments in absolutely the wrong way .

My comment on safety of expensive fishing equipment is a general one
for anyone travelling internationally -- valuable items tend to attract
unwanted attention if one is not careful.

Besides this, there are plenty of occasions where I have felt uncomfortable (within
Australia) when using expensive gear .. nothing you can put a finger on.

I am sure plenty of other anglers will back me up with my concern.

Rest assured, I am still Indian and take every opportunity to tell everyone
(especially Aussies) of the marvellous angling to be had in our land.My family members have been Generals in the Indian Army, served with distinction and been the recipients of gallantry awards from the President.So I do not take any comments about India and
my lack of patriotism to it kindly.

I see that no one has replied to my query on Fox rods!!

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

Kingfish!

Tis the seaso of love, peace and harmony. I apologise for the reaction of a few of my angling friends. I am sure they took your comments in the wrong way. Yes there are places in every country where it is it wise to flash anything that looks desirable. It is wise to be safe than sorry.

Now back to the main topic - the FOX TRAVEL RODS. I have seen one (not a travel rod but a regular spinning outfit) with a friend and the rod looked very well constructed. He has been using the set up for some time and has never complained. What I did not like was the reel. It felt heavy and rough. But then this guy never really services the reel.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Best wishes to all for the festive season and the New Year.

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:01 pm 
Fishaholic

pm me when u are coming this side of the pond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Don't worry about the price of reels in India drawing you attention. Unless to tell others for most casual observers Stella or Shakespeare is just a fishing reel! Only fellow anglers will be impressed by your tackle. I reckon they are all god fearing people! :D

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:49 am 
Fishaholic

Hi! Kingfish .
So sad to see what happend to ur querry. But if you were so concerend about travel issues with flashy equipment "My comment on safety of expensive fishing equipment is a general one
for anyone travelling internationally -- valuable items tend to attract
unwanted attention if one is not carefuls
" it would be nice if you would mentioned it earlier when you began the post to avoid misunderstanding as said "It is wise to be safe than sorry" but from what you wrote it dose not sound it was about travel "(depending on how safe the locality is for expensive equipment)" . I would be happy to fish with you and if you are around Mumbai Pls PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:21 am 
Fishaholic

Ace-doc and mario,

Thank you for your kind offers and rest assured I will contact you when I visit your sides of the country.

Best wishes,

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:26 am 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:
Ace-doc and mario,

Thank you for your kind offers and rest assured I will contact you when I visit your sides of the country.

Best wishes,

Kingfish

Pls do try your best if you can it would be my pleasure to fish with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Mario, thank you for your offer and I will pm you once my plans are made
to visit India next year.

Ace-doc, again a warm thank you for your offer. Will pm you to tie up
plans.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Kingfish