->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:31 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:07 am 

i m about to buy (Fx4000 FB reel with FX 8 foot rod) frm bops. will this rod be suitable for me for salt water sea fishing? kindly need ur guidance and information abt this rod so tht i can maintain it coolly.

:P Thanks
jeevan

Last edited by jeevan on Sun May 10, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Jeevan,

Not sure, the reel looks more like a Fresh Water reel to me. Perhaps Bops will be able to tell you more.

No matter what reel and rod you buy, you need to take extra care of it if you use it in Salt Water, wash it immediately after use in the correct manner (do not immerse) wash all the moving parts well.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Jeevan, remember to wash the reel and rod in freshwater when you come home after fishing. There should be no problems with corrosion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:51 am 

bops can u guide me on washing the reel n rod with water......... hw to wash it etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 am 
Fishaholic

jeevan wrote:
bops can u guide me on washing the reel n rod with water......... hw to wash it etc

If you really love your kit you'll have a shower with it. But forget the soap, if you know what I mean. :evil: :lol: 8) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 am 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
jeevan wrote:

If you really love your kit you'll have a shower with it. But forget the soap, if you know what I mean. :evil: :lol: 8) :roll:

WICKED :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:43 pm 
Fishaholic

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

im laughing and my stomach's hurting and there's teras in my eyes..... :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Jeevan, as you can see, the wicked lot on the forum will jump at any chance they get to pull your leg. Be careful what you post. If you need any advice pick up your phone and give me a ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 pm 
Fishaholic

IndianAngler wrote:
give me a ring.

Bops , now its out in the open mate ..... you cant go around asking straight males for "rings " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm 
Fishaholic

hahahaahahaahahaha

Fred!

All Bops wants is some sort of commitment!

hahahaahahahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:02 am 
Fishaholic

This is getting better by the thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:41 am 
Fishaholic

Nasty bunch of guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:02 am 
Fishaholic

hey ... bops ... these guys r really taking ur case ... but u really need to hand it to them for their ready wit....

i want to say this ...im sure it'll make u feel better ...

thanks a million for this site and forum.... over the last few months ... iv just realized how small this world is and how we bump into people and find out that there are connections before we meet.. and in the first meeting itself we're chatting up like we knew each other for years(speaking of the members of the forum here in pune) .. its really nice to be becomming a small fishing fraternity up here in pune...

thanks again.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Hi Hamour, thanks for your words of appreciation. I'm glad you were able to connect with other anglers in your city.

As for the witty blokes taking my trip, that's not the way I look at it. I know each of these blokes personally and they are good friends [smilie=smack.gif] . This is just their way of reminding me that they exist :lol:

What worries me more is that there are a lot of newbies who join IA and are not used to the wittiness that is displayed here and may just stop participating on the site altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Yup! Bops you are right. There is a thin line between wit and rudeness. And that's where you come in. If somebody crosses the line, prong the fluffer.

As for me. I apologize to each and everyone of you in advance. But I will never miss an opportunity to yank your chain.

And if any of you guys don't like it, well... I suggest you take up knitting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 pm 

Ken, can we fix a vid cam in that shower? I'm not gonna miss out on the shower/soap/ring chukkar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:05 am 
Fishaholic

so just to clarify... i am allowed to soap my rod... but not my reel
bops can we please have a sticky on this because the water on this subject is getting clouded by frivolity...
i can soap my rod but not my reel... unless i caught a fish...then i can soap both... is there a rule about soap varieties because i brought my own from england...would it be ok to use this so long as i dont go fishing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 am 
Fishaholic

Here is what I do after EVERY trip.

Reels
Fill a bucket of water, take the spools off the reels and dunk them in. Then hold each reel under a running tap. Get the water to enter all the little nooks and crannies. And keep rotating the handle both ways. Basically try and flush out all the dirt. Then place them on a nice clean towel (buy some or the wife will throw a fit) and wipe them dry. Once they are completely dry squeeze a few drops of high grade oil into the body.

Wash the spools and wipe them dry. Then keep them in a dry place to dry off completely. Avoid putting them in the sun.

Rods
Get a nice wash cloth and a mild detergent. And give the rods a good rub with the soap cloth. Make sure you clean the handles as this is where the fish slime tends to accumulate. Once again dry.

Lures.

Rinse well. The make sure they are absolutely dry before you put them back in their boxes. Or you'll have rusty hooks.

While you do all this examine each piece of equipment well. Pay attention to the reel handles, rod guides, lure split rings and the other parts that the pressure.