->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Old style tackle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:17 pm 
Enlightened

Vintage Tackle
I know you guys are all into the latest high-end tackle. For serious fishing I’m too, but I also have the habit to collect some antique fishing tackle. Not in big style, only spending small money. At the website of the Maharatsha Angling Association from Mumbai I found the address of several makers/shops from a Kolkata bazaar that should offer various ground bait & there is also mentioned that some of them do Ringal wood rods. Is this right, does anybody know places like this and noticed some old looking tackle?

Dirk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Dirk,
I buy some of my stuff from a shop called Karmarkar which is opposite Sealada station in Kolkata. There are many shops selling ringal rods there, but you would have to fit on your own reel seat and change the guides. A very wide selection of old Calcutta reels are also available at this market, and some good spoons for Masheer, and Mepps type spinners. Don't forget to change the trebles though.
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Dibu,

I stay at Kolkata and get most of my tackle from the Sealdah market.. The place that Owen has mentioned in his mail is one of the places i go to.. My old man knows the owners of the shop...

Is there anything that you require, just give me a buzz ??